“Amazing holiday”
Review of Riad Zayane

Riad Zayane
Ranked #205 of 1,193 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I would recommend the Riad to any couple going to Morocco who want both a fast-paced trip and also some relaxation time. Just a short walk from Old and New town, its the perfect base to explore from. The breakfasts were lovely and varied every morning and the dinners were delectable (you must order them 24 hours in advance as they cook them just for you!). Sometimes they waited on me and my boyfriend and there was no one else around, we felt like royalty! They arranged a taxi from the airport and back after I emailed them a few days before which made it easier to find the place (you have to walk down a couple of streets to get there where cars cant drive down). They also arranged a day trip to the Atlas Mountains where we saw all the sights, had a lovely lunch and also climbed one of the snowy mountains to see the waterfalls (...learn from my mistake and wear appropriate footwear for this, I did the whole thing in a pair of ballet pumps and it was a struggle!)
Overall, one of the best holidays I've ever had and such a beautiful hotel. I couldnt fault it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My boyfriend & I have just returned from 2 weeks in Morocco. We spent the first half of our holiday on a busy tour of the country so when we arrived at Riad Zayane for the last 5 nights of our holiday, the serene enviornment was exactly what we needed. When you first arrive, the streets outside can feel a little daunting but we never had any trouble & found it all added to the experience. The riad itself is so pretty when you first walk in, I was really impressed by the layout & decor, I loved coming back to it each day. The staff cannot do enough to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, I found them to be extremely helpful & courteous. The breakfasts are really good & slightly varied each day, which is nice. We had 1 meal (on our 1st night) & despite being quite expensive it was well worth it & probably one of the best meals we experienced whilst in Morocco. We stayed in the Zayane room, this is the cheapest room. I had read other reviews saying how small it is so I was a bit concerned. I needn't have worried though, it was perfect for what we needed & for the price it was very good value. The terrace is amazing, we utilised it on a few occasions after breakfast & after a busy day out & about. The riad provides free wifi but it only works upstairs, the higher up you go the better apparantly! :) Overall I would definitely recommend this little oasis to anyone & I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a delightful 3 night break at Riad Zayane - where we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversay. We had a lovely time (had been to Marrakech before but this was our first time in Riad Zayane). The staff went out of their way to make our stay a comfortable and a memorable one. My husband (in a moment of romance ;o) contacted the Riad in advance of our arrival to organise a flower arrangement for our room. What an arrangement it was too! 50 or more beautiful roses, some were scented - stunning! We stayed in the Oasis room - beautiful and large enough (has a sofa and chairs) to spend time in when not out exploring (the roof terrace is a great place to relax too). Breakfast was delicious and fresh. I can not fault Riad Zayane and genuinely look forward to returning one day soon (we only got back last night but I have already been on to various airlines' websites to look at flight prices for next year!). Many thanks go to Joed (not sure of the spelling, sorry) and the team for looking after us at Riad Zayane and Alexandre for answering all my questions via email before heading out to Marrakech.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oasis room - beautiful and large enough (has a sofa and chairs) to spend time in wh...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A lovely, quiet place to stay. Very pleasant environment in all parts whether inside under the panoramic opening roof or outside on the roof terrace. Excellent, friendly and helpful staff create a thoroughly relaxing atmosphere and in all aspects we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A diverse collection of general antique items also added interest in the room!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

First impressions of the Riad was excellent, a lovely retreat from the hussle and bussle of Marrakech...!!! Would definatley stay again and the food was to die for in a gorgeous setting.
The staff were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us, good value for money.

Room Tip: Only five rooms in the Riad Zayane so get the Oasis Room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank simon r
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Riad Zayane Atlas is a lovely quiet place in an excellent location just minutes from the bustle of the souks and the square. We were very well looked after, especially by Kamal who remained friendly, attentive and patient with our attempts at GCSE French! Nothing was too much trouble for him. We went on a 'deal' which included dinner for one evening but the food was so delicious and the surroundings so pleasant on the roof terrace that we decided to eat there on other evenings too. A splash pool had just been installed and was a welcome addition. The room we had was a bit small but this didn't really matter as there were plenty of nooks and crannies to lounge in and relax. I have no hesitation in recommending Riad Zayane, it is excellent value and I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: There are larger rooms so request a family sized one if possible.
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gaynor73
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Temperature was good this time of year, mild english summer. The riad is just inside the medina so everything is walkable to, approx 20-30 min, depending on pace! It is located down a dusty track, approached thro a small local market, (if you want European, go outside the medina!)
The riad is small, 5/6 rooms on a first floor balcony. Tasteful, good quality modern conversion with good sympathetic local ethnic feel. The inner balcony faces onto a courtyard with water, refreshingly cool. The courtyard is covered with retractable canvas roof. Excellent roof terrace for sunbathing/relaxing.
You can order evening meal for the evening in the courtyard, with a days notice. It is medium priced but better than most of the meals you will eat out!
The day to day manager is Jaovad who also cooks the excellent meals. Unfailingly helpful staff, who went out of their way to make us feel at home.

Room Tip: All the rooms open out to a central covered enclosed courtyard, so all OK. Like most places you get...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple