“Wonderfully tranquil”
Review of Riad Dar-K

Riad Dar-K
Ranked #38 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have just returned from Marrakesh, Dar-K offered a wonderful tranquil stay, quite the contrast from the hustle and bustle of the square and souks. We were greeted by Sarah who was a wonderful host recommending lovely restaurants and Morrocan attractions to visit. Great location about ten minute walk to the square if you are not distracted by the souks. Sarah gave us great directions and made sure we were well looked after. The rooms were very spacious and tastefully decorated, staff have been very welcoming. Would love to go back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Everything is perfect at Dar K. Everything you expect from a small boutique hotel, Dar K exceeds in each and every aspects (location, cleaniness, service, intimacy, unique, friendly). The best part I love about Dar K, is you come "home" to a calm, quiet, soothing, relaxing space and intimate, friendly and attentive (but not stuffy) service staff from the very crazy, busy and chaotic Medina. The contrast really makes you appreciate both worlds. It was indeed a very great experience at Dar K. The only one thing that I wish could be changed if any is the air conditioning, it seems insufficient in the summer and perhaps upgrading of the bed/mattress. If they can be changed I think I will have to back very often even though it's over 20hour plane ride for me! Thank you Sarah! Love it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The perfect oasis in marrakech. Great style. Most charming team. Fantastic food. Cool pool. No better place to go.

...ok. The system says I have to write more, but everything has been said with a few words. We felt like home and left as friends.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My daughter and I recently had the great adventure of going to Marrakech for 6 nights and the best thing about our stay was the beautiful, beautifully run, luxurious Riad Dar-K. The proprietor Sarah and her employees are lovely and helpful people with an incredible attention to detail. The breakfasts every morning (included) on the rooftop were delicious. And the sheer elegance and serenity of the place made it a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of the Medina. I am happy to have the opportunity to recommend Dar-K to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Thank you again so much to our host, Sarah, for her exceptionnal sense of the welcoming. If our we had such an amazing time visiting Marrakech , she is defenitely responsible for it. Riad Dar-K is not only a wonderfull and relaxing place to stay, the welcoming and the advices of the host will help you to visit the city like a pure "local". My friend and I had a fantastic time... we loved everything... the breakfast, the decoration, the atmosphere... See you again soon !!
Greg, Richard, Natalie & Sandra

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were recommended Dar K from a friend. And it exceeded our expectations. They collected us from the airport, carried our bags into town, made sure we were ok to navigate the city and find our way back. We had dinner the first evening when we were arrived and we were really impressed with the authentic food and wine!

Lovely rooms and bathrooms, a quite oasis and beautiful roof terrace! Thank you to all the staff that made us feel so welcome!

Room Tip: We took the large suite which had a lovelybathroom and second sitting room and seats outside on balc...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

It was my second time in Marrakech and I opted for a new riad this time around, so decided with the Riad Dar-K. It proved to have been an excellent option. My parents, sister and I stayed four nights, and was easily one of the nicest riad experiences I've had. The riad is minimal, but thoughtfully decorated- a welcome contrast to the frenzy of the medina. The two suites we stayed in were both lovely and spacious, and the courtyard and roof terrace were peaceful and quiet.

Though the thing that really sets the riad apart from others is Sarah, who was always ensuring we were enjoying our stay. She helped us with booking a day trip out of Marrakech, and when we asked about purchasing a similar lamp to one she had in the riad, she guided us into the souk where she bought hers and carefully navigated several shops until we found one to our liking.

Will definitely be staying here again next time around.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family