“La Sultana ”

Ranked #79 of 1,035 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant of La Sultana offers a traditional Moroccan cuisine to reflect the flavors of the season with the Tasting Menu, the Traditional Lamb Couscous with Seven Vegetables or the Home Made Duck Foie Gras.
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a quiet spot inside the Médina.The majority of the rooms although fairly large have no daylight.
Service is slow but friendly.
Restaurant has a small menu, food is good but overpriced.
Lovely patio and rooftop terrace.
Quiet place to stay in Marrakesch but overpriced.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

To me, this place is so beautiful and feels so authentic I felt like I was living the life of a nobleman back in the day. I arrived early afternoon. Immediately after check-in, I went to the indoor jacuzzi, which is only open 10AM to 2PM. It's so opulent with marble columns that you really fell like you are transported back in time. Then I lunched by the pool. There were very few people there and I felt like I owned the place! The surroundings were just so beautiful that I didn't want to leave and ended up spending the entire afternoon there. The food was also amazing. What was so impressive daytime was only to be augmented at night by the wonderful lighting. It just becomes so movie perfect and romantic at the same time. The roof top of this hotel also is very cozy and beautiful. Everything was above expectation! Can't wait to be back.

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately, I am unable to share a positive review for this place.

Service was hit or miss. We ordered cocktails and our dear friend requested for a chilled glass for his beer. The server appeared lacking the experience in hospitality/food service. He took out the chilled glass but, walked away and left the glass on the table and never poured the beer. He left the beer in the chiller/ice bucket! He did the same thing with our wine; he poured the wine in my husband’s glass never returned to refill. We left the restaurant with an almost full bottle of wine behind!

Food could’ve been better and expected more from an expensive restaurant. The warm salad looked old and dried out. We’ve had better food at rest stops! My husband and I had the Beef Shank Tangia. It would have been good but, the cook was a heavy handed with the salt.

Overall, my dirhams would have been well spent at another restaurant that served good food that also provided great service. Unfortunately, I paid heavily for the ambiance.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

The food, specifically the Moroccan menu, was phenomenal. The Beef Tagine was off the charts. Tasty, well prepared, and a wonderful dining experience. At lunch, they have a camel burger, which was surprisingly delicious... and fat free.

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Great food but not much choice for vegetarians. Lovely setting in a traditional style riad. Would definitely recommend for meat/fish eaters but vegetarians may struggle with the options.
One person in our group, after one mouthfull didn't particularly like their starter and explained to the waiter why, who then offered to take the dish away. Upon receiving the bill we were surprised that the dish hadn't been taken off.