“Lovely setting with good food”
Review of La Sultana

La Sultana
Ranked #56 of 862 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The restaurant of La Sultana offers a traditional Moroccan cuisine to reflect the flavors of the season with the Tasting Menu, the Traditional Lamb Couscous with Seven Vegetables or the Home Made Duck Foie Gras.
Belfast
“Lovely setting with good food”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This restaurant certainly looks special and our table was by the pool with lots of candles around us. The food was good, I particularly enjoyed the pigeon pie starter. The chicken tagine was good but not the best I tasted whilst in Marrakesh. The service was excellent, staff were welcoming and attentive.
Might be a tad expensive but worth it as a treat.

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing building; truly stunning, but not convinced ...”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I know this is a little 'against the grain' to give this restaurant anything other than a stunning review; and from the setting and building it truly deserves a fantastic review - but this is a restaurant review and this needs to consider price, service and food.

Setting: We ate indoors around the pool, which was a lovely setting, but the distance between the tables meant that when the Sitar player stopped there was no atmosphere and almost an eerie silence.

Price: Ok, I knew this would be a high class restaurant (and it is) and therefore expensive. For me it is too expensive for the quality of the food (€40 for a vegetarian lasagna).

Service: Certainly polite and attentive - no complaints here.

Food: Ok, linked to the price debate, clearly the food is of superb quality but is there value here.

Thank you for a nice night, but I walked away thinking had the night been overshadowed by the lack of atmosphere and the bill - I know you're going to think I'm a tight git, but honestly I'm not, it's about whether you feel it was worth it ....

• Visited September 2013
7 Thank AndyS100
Preston, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We had dinner here for my 40th birthday. The rooftop terrace was amazing, with a fabulous aptmosphere. We had drinks before dinner, whils the sun set. The service was very good and the menu choice excellent - with lots of fish options, which I love.

The only niggle was that they had run out of the chablis we selected, so we ended up with a pouilly fuisse, which was just as good but a little more expensive.

The seafood tagine that I had was exceptional, with so much seafood and fish it was too much to eat it all. My partner had a beef dish, which he really enjoyed too.

The setting, decor, service, location, musician; all added up to a fabulous evening that was truly memorable.

1 Thank Jenny P
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, lovely food and romantic setting”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a few lunches on the roof terrace and one dinner by the pool in this wonderful hotel. The ambience is excellent and the team of staff was friendly and welcoming. Would strongly recommend for a relaxing lunch and afternoon or more vibrant dinner with live music.

1 Thank Urnies
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

When we arrived we had a drink on the roof terrace. The only thing I could criticise would be that it was not made clear to us when or where we would be eating. We were left on the terrace for sometime, then we asked for our booking name. Then someone came to get us and we asked for 10 more minutes as we wanted to watch the sunset. But after that nobody came and we had to ask to be taken to our table, about half an hour after the sunset!

However the wine was terrific and the selection very good. We had an amazing meal, the portions were large and excellent quality.

The tables round the pool are beautiful and the whole place has a lovely atmosphere.

For the quality of the food and drink I think it is well priced.

Well worth a visit.