This was my first time in Morocco and I cannot tell you how lovely this place was. Other reviews have mentioned that it is basic, and it is, but this is no bad thing. What more do you need apart from a comfy bed and a nice bathroom with hot water?
The riad is around 15 minutes walk from Djemma el Fna. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful, drawing a map on my first afternoon to a nearby restaurant with spectacular views over Marrakech.
I was in the patio room which was lovely. Only two things are a slight problem with this room:
(1) sometimes people coming in late forget that there is a room on the ground floor so can be noisy (mind you, Raja Casablanca had just beaten Atletico Mineiro 3-1, so that might explain it.)
(2) if people are smoking in the courtyard, the smoke can go into the room, even with the doors shut.
Gorgeous rooftop with lovely views.
I was travelling alone as the cliched single white female, and I felt utterly safe.
Would I go again? YES!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Ineslisa is situated in close proximity to Jeema El Fna Square, in the Medina of Marrakesh (an ancient part of the city). Push open the door and experience life in calm and peaceful surroundings.Each room, welcoming and comfortable, has it's own individual and tasteful decor. There is a traditional bathroom and toilet in every room.On the terrace, lie back and relax on a chaise lounge with cushions and mattresses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad Ineslisa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Ineslisa Hotel Marrakech