“Lovely riad, with a lovely staff”
Review of Riad Ineslisa

Riad Ineslisa
Ranked #692 of 1,156 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Lovely riad, with a lovely staff”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was my first time in Morocco and I cannot tell you how lovely this place was. Other reviews have mentioned that it is basic, and it is, but this is no bad thing. What more do you need apart from a comfy bed and a nice bathroom with hot water?

The riad is around 15 minutes walk from Djemma el Fna. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful, drawing a map on my first afternoon to a nearby restaurant with spectacular views over Marrakech.

I was in the patio room which was lovely. Only two things are a slight problem with this room:

(1) sometimes people coming in late forget that there is a room on the ground floor so can be noisy (mind you, Raja Casablanca had just beaten Atletico Mineiro 3-1, so that might explain it.)

(2) if people are smoking in the courtyard, the smoke can go into the room, even with the doors shut.

Gorgeous rooftop with lovely views.

I was travelling alone as the cliched single white female, and I felt utterly safe.

Would I go again? YES!

Room Tip: All of the rooms, except the cheapest are on the first floor, overlooking the courtyard. The cheape...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Boniface8th

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Suffolk
Reviewed December 8, 2013

As mentioned, this is a small Riad, but situated in a nice area.
We had the cheapest room and for the price we paid, I thought it was good. Clean and comfortable. The breakfast is basic, but equally it's what you expect and to be honest, it was nice just having coffee & chatting with guests and staff.

The staff are really the highlight, very helpful and just nice people.

The Riad is in a quiet area, about 15-20mins walk from the square, but this is a highlight rather than anything else.

So nice, I'm going back in a couple of months

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hoops1980
NJ
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Riad Ineslisa is a lovely, quiet oasis hidden in a tiny dead end alley (derb) deep in the northern part of medina. It is exactly what I expected, from the authentic medina neighborhood surrounding the riad to every single details inside the riad. My single room on the ground floor is very comfortable, clean and full of beautiful Moroccan touches. The staff were very gentle, sweet and polite. I enjoyed my 4 nights stay here and have been missing it often after I returned home.

Room Tip: The best Marrakesh map I have found so far is Rough Guides Marrakesh Map. Even Riad Ineslisa's d...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a three night stay in Marrakesh. The Riad Ineslisa was a beautiful little gem tucked away. We were a group of six women & were so well looked after by the Riad staff. They helped us with taxis and making sure we got home safely at night. The riad was so pretty, comfortable, clean and quiet. Breakfast was delicious! Location was good an we walked to most places and even managed to not get lost! I highly recommend this Riad if you love traditional, rustic charm. Just perfect!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed for a week in this lovely riad. The room was clean and simple, the staff are very helpful and friendly. They even draw us a map how to go to the centre of town and back in order for us not to get lost. There is a beautiful courtyard and a terrace on the top of the roof, where you can enjoy the views of Marrakech. It is an amazing place to stay, you feel very welcomed. The location is great, close to Jemaa el Fna square and Majorelle gardens - 20 min walk. It is worth staying here as you can enjoy piece and quiet after the hustle of medina...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently stayed here with my partner, we were very happy and comfortable staying here. we arranged a transfer from the airport and were met near to the riad. we were very happy with the room, it was simple, clean and had lovely character. the staff were all polite and helpful and they provided us with a nice breakfast each morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
uk
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Very basic but inexpensive too thus probably good value. You do get what you pay for. If you can cope with basic you'll be fine. Host seemed lovely and didn't seem to mind when we moved hotel. Sorry but too basic for me.

• Stayed April 2013