Riad Aguaviva
$148
Travelocity
$1,058
$1,020
All reviewsevery morningthe main squareafrica roomrooftop terraceamazing hostshome away from homestayed for nightsan oasisfive nightslovely riadjemaa elday tripatlas mountainssimomapmedinamorocco
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Wow, what an amazing weekend. It was made all the more special with our fantastic hosts. Dinner on our first night was traditional Morrocan style, and every dish tasted great. Each morning we had breakfast on the sunny terrace, and what tasty treats they were.
The rooms were all beautifully decorated. There was a group of 6 of us, so got to see the other rooms too, each had it's own individual style.
If you are looking for a weekend getaway, with plenty of shopping the Moroccan way, I would throughily recommend the Riad Aguaviva

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 07Ness_79
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked this Riad based solely on the Tripadvisor recommendations and we were not disappointed. We found the numerous positive reviews for this Riad very accurate. The hosts could not do more for their guests and definitely go out of their way to make everyone's visit to Marrakech special. The earlier reviews describe the fantastic rooms and superb breakfasts. We had booked a basic room but were upgraded on arrival because we were the only guests for our two night stay - our room was lovely. We took up pretty much all of the host's recommendations for where to visit and where to eat and every recommendation proved to be very worthwhile. When we arrived it was raining, and for the first few hours the rain was torrential, which did cloud our first night because we walked into the centre with our host and got soaking wet, so we recommend checking the forecast before your visit and taking appropriate clothing - sturdy waterproof shoes and a waterproof coat would have helped us! We did warm up and dry out in an excellent restaurant recommended by Aguaviva. The Riad is situated close to the northern edge of the Medina and the entrance could not be more understated - without the taxi transfer organised by Aguaviva we would have struggled to find the Riad on our own on arrival. We visited the new city on our second night, and while the restaurant recommended by Aguaviva served fantastic food, we did not care much for the new part of the city and much preferred the Medina. We spent two nights in Marrakech before moving out to a small hotel in the Atlas Mountains for four nights, from where I am writing this review. This was a good balance for our taste - 2 nights in the very busy Medina and four nights of relaxation in an astounding setting.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JBdorset
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have just returned from a girls weekend stay at this amazing Riad. We were made so welcome, everybody who works there is so lovely. Their recommendations to eat, visit, stoll around we're perfect, with plenty of time to shop. We are all definitely returning if only to sit on the roof terrace and feel like we are back home again. Thank you, you made our weekend perfect!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent a truly magical few days at Riad Aguaviva. We had the fortune to have the whole Riad to ourselves for 2 nights. Our hosts Oti, Sara and Simon were all so lovely and made us feel very welcome. Their knowledge of the city and excellent directions were very much appreciated. Eating breakfast on the terrace in the sunshine was an lovely experience, tranquil and calm, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
A beautifully clean and gorgeous riad that more than lived up to our expectations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Because of my superb experience at this riad, i will wish to visit Marrakech again when I have chance to go to Europe again.
I don't want to add more to cleanliness, service, quality, they are all perfect. I would like to focus on those area which exceeded my expectation.
They helped me almost everything. I had 4 nights stay there and checked out on day 5 heading to Sahara desert. They allowed me go back to the riad (to my previous room) to have shower after my 2 days sahara trip before I get on the overnight train to Tangier. This is very nice and because of this, I have very good sleep on the sleeping car.
This riad helped me to do laundry twice. Given I was having a long 2 weeks trips away from home, this was very helpful. Other riads I stayed in Fes and Chefchaouen didn't provide laundry service.
The breakfast was also of excellent quality. Imagine a course breakfast!I miss all those warm pancake, moroccan jam, juice, yogurt, etc.
Sara took me to the square on Day 1 after i checked in and settled, she chatted with me on the way during our walk, gave me tips, made me brave. This was my first visit to Arab country and I was visiting alone, but i could walk back to riad by myself (25 mins, no significant lost) at night given her kind and sincere guidance. She made me felt I am a local.
I can conclude that Marrakech is suitable for solo female traveller, even you are 20-30 years old! The riad has high level of hospitality and has a sense of explainable aestheticism too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo