New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Riad Aguaviva

Riad Aguaviva
Ranked #12 of 1,171 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, fantastic, amazing, you have to experience it....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Wow, what an amazing weekend. It was made all the more special with our fantastic hosts. Dinner on our first night was traditional Morrocan style, and every dish tasted great. Each morning we had breakfast on the sunny terrace, and what tasty treats they were.
The rooms were all beautifully decorated. There was a group of 6 of us, so got to see the other rooms too, each had it's own individual style.
If you are looking for a weekend getaway, with plenty of shopping the Moroccan way, I would throughily recommend the Riad Aguaviva

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 07Ness_79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked this Riad based solely on the Tripadvisor recommendations and we were not disappointed. We found the numerous positive reviews for this Riad very accurate. The hosts could not do more for their guests and definitely go out of their way to make everyone's visit to Marrakech special. The earlier reviews describe the fantastic rooms and superb breakfasts. We had booked a basic room but were upgraded on arrival because we were the only guests for our two night stay - our room was lovely. We took up pretty much all of the host's recommendations for where to visit and where to eat and every recommendation proved to be very worthwhile. When we arrived it was raining, and for the first few hours the rain was torrential, which did cloud our first night because we walked into the centre with our host and got soaking wet, so we recommend checking the forecast before your visit and taking appropriate clothing - sturdy waterproof shoes and a waterproof coat would have helped us! We did warm up and dry out in an excellent restaurant recommended by Aguaviva. The Riad is situated close to the northern edge of the Medina and the entrance could not be more understated - without the taxi transfer organised by Aguaviva we would have struggled to find the Riad on our own on arrival. We visited the new city on our second night, and while the restaurant recommended by Aguaviva served fantastic food, we did not care much for the new part of the city and much preferred the Medina. We spent two nights in Marrakech before moving out to a small hotel in the Atlas Mountains for four nights, from where I am writing this review. This was a good balance for our taste - 2 nights in the very busy Medina and four nights of relaxation in an astounding setting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank JBdorset
Godalming, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a girls weekend stay at this amazing Riad. We were made so welcome, everybody who works there is so lovely. Their recommendations to eat, visit, stoll around we're perfect, with plenty of time to shop. We are all definitely returning if only to sit on the roof terrace and feel like we are back home again. Thank you, you made our weekend perfect!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Barnstaple, Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent a truly magical few days at Riad Aguaviva. We had the fortune to have the whole Riad to ourselves for 2 nights. Our hosts Oti, Sara and Simon were all so lovely and made us feel very welcome. Their knowledge of the city and excellent directions were very much appreciated. Eating breakfast on the terrace in the sunshine was an lovely experience, tranquil and calm, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
A beautifully clean and gorgeous riad that more than lived up to our expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Because of my superb experience at this riad, i will wish to visit Marrakech again when I have chance to go to Europe again.
I don't want to add more to cleanliness, service, quality, they are all perfect. I would like to focus on those area which exceeded my expectation.
They helped me almost everything. I had 4 nights stay there and checked out on day 5 heading to Sahara desert. They allowed me go back to the riad (to my previous room) to have shower after my 2 days sahara trip before I get on the overnight train to Tangier. This is very nice and because of this, I have very good sleep on the sleeping car.
This riad helped me to do laundry twice. Given I was having a long 2 weeks trips away from home, this was very helpful. Other riads I stayed in Fes and Chefchaouen didn't provide laundry service.
The breakfast was also of excellent quality. Imagine a course breakfast!I miss all those warm pancake, moroccan jam, juice, yogurt, etc.
Sara took me to the square on Day 1 after i checked in and settled, she chatted with me on the way during our walk, gave me tips, made me brave. This was my first visit to Arab country and I was visiting alone, but i could walk back to riad by myself (25 mins, no significant lost) at night given her kind and sincere guidance. She made me felt I am a local.
I can conclude that Marrakech is suitable for solo female traveller, even you are 20-30 years old! The riad has high level of hospitality and has a sense of explainable aestheticism too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gechecm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Perfecto - Expectativas Superadas
Reservamos por recomendaciones de amigos que nos lo recomendaron y aunque esperabamos algo bueno realmente superó nuestras expectativas. La atención, el personal, Manel, David, Cesc, y de todos los que trabajan alli nos hicieron sentir como en casa y vivir Marrakech de una manera muy especial. Todo fue perfecto, los super desayunos en la terraza, las habitaciones, las charlas, ... Desde luego un fin de semana perfecto que superó nuestras expectativas. Seguro que vamos a volver y recomendar ¡Gracias!

Perfect - exceeded expectations
We reserve for recommendations from friends who recommended us and although we expected something good really exceeded our expectations. Care staff, Manel, David, Cesc, and of all those who work there made us feel at home and to live Marrakech in a very special way. Everything was perfect, super breakfasts on the terrace, the rooms, the chats,... Since then a perfect weekend that surpassed our expectations. Surely we will return and recommend thanks!
Cristian & MaRosa

• Stayed November 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place lives up to the expectations from the perfect reviews. The people working here are truly wonderful. They are very friendly and helps you with everything. And they help you in a way that is very useful even if you have Lonely Planet, Tripadvisor and good maps prepared before the trip.

The rooms are beautiful and the place is very elegant. It is located 15 minutes from the square. During the first night and the first day, Cesc walked with us to show good routes to walk and good places to see and eat (they also booked a restaurant to eat since we arrived late). Finding good roads to walk is quite important since young men often want to show you in the wrong direction in Marrakech (saying like "this road is closed" or "this is only going to a mosque").

I liked the area where the riad was located. It is not in the centre of Marrakech, but in a neighborhood with almost no tourists and a genuine feeling. It was no problem to walk home at night and we mostly walked to all places in Marrakech from the riad (sometimes we used taxi). The riad is located in a small derb that is easy to spot when you know of it, but not otherwise.

We stayed for ten nights so we had lots of time to explore Morocco. Every morning during breakfast, we combined our plans with the helpful suggestions from the Riad. Cesc helped us with maps and he together with David, Sara, Oti, David and gave great advice to us. And every night, Sara or Oti waited for us to come home and then talked with us about or adventures. This was very friendly and enjoyable. Spending time with Cesc, Sara, Oti and the others from the Riad was a real highlight of our vacation.

The room was very nice and perfectly cleaned (also fresh flowers now and then). And the riad is peaceful, elegant and perfect. The people of the riad also helped us to rent a car and go to Zagora, this is highly recommended if you have the time. They also helped us to prolong the rent of the car when we decided to stay in Zagora for one more night. Amazing service!

They gave us advice about places for taking photos (like the local market near Bab Khemis), where to buy certain objects like lamps, where to buy bus tickets and so on.

The moroccan breakfast was very nice and slightly altered each morning.

Leaving this place feels a bit like leaving your home! Warm thanks for a wonderful time!

Herman