“Great find. Very good.”

Ranked #89 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great find. Very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This was an excellent choice and we really enjoyed our stay here. Stayed in the Saba suite which was very clean, a good size, very ethnic, had a separate lounge and sleeping area, had good air conditioning and we were very pleased with it. Riad is in a good location which is a little hard to find down small alleys but car pick up from the airport at a reasonable cost arranged by Adam (the owner) was useful and the driver led us to the Riad. Adam will show you the way to the centre which is not at all far. Breakfast was different each morning and good. Ate at the Riad one night and the meal was good and I would suggest giving this a go for one night. Adam really adds to the place and seems like a really good guy who goes out of his way to help. This place gets a top rating from me and I would certainly stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Whatbob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Dar Slawi made my visit to Marrakech. They received the Traveller’s Choice Award for 2014 and deserve it for 2015! Eddy is incredibly thoughtful, hospitable, and clearly wants to make sure that the people who come to his house (riad), feel like they really are at home. And he succeeds. My first night in Marrakech did not go well outside the riad- a streak of bad luck as the days that followed were much better. I was shocked at how the people I ran into that night expected money for anything and -everything- including just giving directions. When I made it clear I didn’t want a ‘guide’ but had one anyway, I made it clearer I wasn’t going to pay. When I didn’t pay with money, just a sincere thank you, I was sworn at- in English and profusely- by a boy of about 14 and his friend. One time I decided to tip 10 dirham and was immediately asked for more. I shrugged and started to walk away- they boy took the 10 dirham. When I talked with Eddie about this, he told me the next time I should either look for or threaten to get the tourist police as they are really trying to crack down on fake guides and, if caught, they get into a lot of trouble. The good news is I slept well, had a great breakfast the next day, and the remainder of my trip was superb.

Eddie arranged for dinner at a nearby riad- Riad Amina- and it was great! He also arranged for drivers, got my train ticket to Casablanca for me, and on my last night, was happy to come and walk me back to the Riad from Place Jmaa Fna (yes, it is as crazy as they say) so I could avoid getting lost at night again in the medina. He would have happily done this anytime, I might add- not just because I had a bad first night.

He is charming, helpful, and a very sincere man who wants to help people truly enjoy Marrakech. I would definitely stay here again, and would definitely name is riad as a top Traveller’s Choice in Morocco!

Room Tip: It is much quieter than the crazy square but it is in a neighborhood and I was there after school le...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Te Awamutu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

The Riad is beautiful, the rooms are lovely with comfortable beds, but this is all surpassed by the host Adam. He was always available and very helpful, I can not go on enough about how much easier he made our stay. I also highly recommend having dinner at the Riad, those ladies can certainly cook!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Mo Adam is an excellent host, probably what you need the most when you arrive in a foreign country. Riad is tastefully decorated and we were awed by all intricate work on the doors and inside the rooms. Breakfast was basic but had traditional Moroccan sweets, freshly prepared in the morning. Adam who is the owner also lives there and always available. Only negative to the Riad is that it's a bit of a walk into jama El FEna and since we had a small child, it wasn't a great experience. That said the host was always helpful, providing hot milk in the night for my daughter or readying a full breakfast when we were to leave for our desert tour.

Room Tip: Go for the big room upstairs
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Without having stayed at another Riad in Marrakech, I would not hesitate to stay at Riad Slawi every single time, even though there may be more expensive or exclusive Riad's around. The sole reason is because of Adam, the owner. Adam is polite, helpful over and above his duty and just a genuine good bloke. Sounds like a man-crush. Probably is.

The Riad itself is authentic, well renovated, clean and comfortable which is what we (and probably most other travellers) want to experience. But, to emphasise, the main reason that this Riad will better your experience of Marrakech is due to Adam and his willingness to help out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at Riad Slawi back in March and we couldn't recommend it highly enough. Adam, the owner, is brilliant. Adam is simply one of the most accommodating and nice people I've encountered in a hotel. He went out of his way to help my wife and I, even walking us through the maze of Marrakech to get to a restaurant (tricky to do when your wife is pregnant).
The Riad itself it stunning, it really isn't that hard to find after a couple of visits and the ladies who work there are lovely, and great cooks! Best tagine of the trip was at Slawi!
Breakfast is great! Lots of it and authentic too! Sets you up for the day and makes a change from the usual cooked breakfast.
Riad Slawi is such a beautiful place, everything is so ornate and grand. The doors alone are stunning!
The streets are quiet at night and it's very peaceful for a good nights sleep.
Can't recommend this place highly enough. Adams service alone is worth the visit!
Happily return to Riad Slawi!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
united states
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Riad Slawi for five days during our 21 days Moroccan trip. The Riad is in a excellent location, just a few minute walk to the souks and less than 15 minutes to Jemma el Fna square.
Adam, the owner who grew up and educated in Canada was extremely friendly and helpful; he walked us to the square and show us the proper rout with particular landmark to remember which helped us tremendously to find our way back in a maze like medina, I asked him the location to purchase bus ticket to Essaouira and he went out bought it for me without collecting the fare first. Adam is just a super nice and accommodating, down to the earth guy. The breakfast was exceptional good. We had dinner here on our last night of stay. It was unforgettable! The dining area decorated so romantic and beautiful with candlelights and rose petals on the table, we feel like we were in honeymoon again. The Moroccan salad (eggplant caviar, peppers etc.), beef with prune Tagine were outstanding with quality ingredients, the BEST meal we had in Morocco. We regretted that we did not try it at our first night of staying.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple