“fabulous Riad loved our stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Maizie

Riad Maizie
Ranked #705 of 1,176 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Durham, United Kingdom
“fabulous Riad loved our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed at Riad Maizie for 3 nights early December for my 40th birthday. We can only confirm the postive reviews so far. Very helpful staff, without being over the top or in your face, couldn't have asked for more. We even received an email from owner whilst waiting for our flight in UK to ask if we would like evening meal due to our late arrival in Marrakesh, and the meal provided was delicious.
Would recommend this place and will definately be returning.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

My friend and I travelled to Morocco and chose Riad Maizie after reading the book (by the owner) on the purchase and renovation of the riad. We had a lovley time, with Dan the owner there during our stay. You need to be relaxed as it all happens in Moroccan time, but it does happen! The rooms are simply gorgeous...not over the top, but amazing Moroccan features and very very comfortable and for the price, fantastic. The breakfast is absolutley lovely and i HIGHLY recommend eating in at least one night...the ladies cook up a feast. I actualy found the food in Marrakech to be quite disappointing, but the ladies in Maizie can truly cook!! I would definitley recommend others to stay at Maizie, and of course to eat there! I stayed in the Doueria....very private with the only noise coming from the birds in the morning!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank maxtedandlily
CHESTER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Not much I can say about this Riad and it's staff that hasn't already been said on here but I can confirm all the fantastic positive reviews already posted.
My friend and I were lucky enough to visit Riad Maizie for a week in April 2010. This heavenly haven from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech is just what you need to relax and truely experience Morocco. The staff, Abdel and his sisters Amal and Nezah, could not do enough to help during our visit. The food was exceptional and i would recommend eating an authentic Moroccan meal cooked by them at the Riad one evening. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Chill out on the terrace with good food and good conversation - what else could you ask for!!! The rooms are simply beautiful. I hope one day to be able to return to what was an amazing home in an amazing city.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank JOLOChester
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

What can I add to all the other reviews? I totally agree with all the earlier reviews, but also want to add that the sympathy, company, hospitality and helpfulness of the owner, Dan Pearce, and his staff, meant that I actually enjoyed the experience of having my passport stolen in the souk and my return to the UK delayed by two days. Fortunately I was able to extend my stay in the beautifully and traditionally restored riad, and set up my 'office' in the cool and calming courtyard, with all the necessary documents and my phone, sustained by endless cups of team, while my life return to normal. It was an ideal place from which to get to know the souks and the heart of Marrakesh.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

This place is truely amazing! Had a fantastic 3 days in Marrakech and didn't want to leave!
Thanks Dan and to everyone for making it a holiday to remember!
Lisa and Charley

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Hidden like a labyrinth beyond the mystic walls of the medina's of Marrakesh, lies a hidden jewell in itself, "Riad Maizie"!
Once inside this beautiful romantic riad, you fall completely under it's spell and are over whelmed by it's natural charm.
With the Intoxicating scents of the orange trees,and the faint sounds of Andrea Bocelli echoing through the wind, when i arrived at this haven and climbed to the top of it's beautiful roof terrace and caught sight of the Atlas mountains, i knew i had truly arrived!
On arrival to the riad, i was greeted by it's owner, the charming artist Dan Pierce, who's warmth and hospitable nature in itself was excuse enough for me to return to "Riad Maizie" time and time again.
My holiday is now over, but i know i will never forget it,as a lttle bit of Marrakesh, and my time at "Riad Maizie" will always remain in my soul!

• Stayed February 2010
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

so happy that we landed here to enjoy not only the beauty of the restored, traditional riad, but also the wonderful conversation with our hosts Dan, Abdel-Ilah, Abdellatif, and the lovely ladies who made our scrumptious Moroccan tajine dinner. located within a 2-minute walk from the magic souk, riad maizie is within easy walking distance to most anywhere in the city, and Dan will have helpful advice should you choose to depart Marrakech for some side trips.

we spent several evenings relaxing with Dan and other guests in the riad living room, listening to live music played by Dan's musician friend Abdel-Latif and absorbing the warmth of the fireplace while eating oranges, dates and almonds that Dan graciously shares with his guests.

i wish i could find a guesthouse of this nature in every city i travel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends