“More superlatives”
Review of Dar Rocmarra

Dar Rocmarra
Ranked #134 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed November 21, 2011

After reading the last three reviews I don't know if I can add much more.........,... food, service, decor, cleanliness location all get 5 stars.
We had the Sahara room before our trek in the mountains and the suite on our return. Both fantastic rooms.
The courtyard has a large olive tree and was cool and peaceful.
the cozy seating area at the side of the courtyard has a good little library shelf to browse and pass a few minutes away while you drink your mint tea and have the best biscuit I tasted all holiday.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charliew28

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed at Dar Rocmarra for 4 nights with our 2 young children aged 5 and 4 and had the largest room which was amply big enough. The decor in each of the rooms is beautiful as Jamila the manager showed us each of the 4 rooms. There is a lovely terrace from which you can look out over the rooftops of Marrakesh. Breakfast is included and was excellent. If you choose to eat in in the evening you won't be disappointed - Jamila is a fantastic cook. Location-wise you couldn't get better - at night it is peaceful and serene yet it is only 10 minutes from the hustle and bustle of the souks. Overall, I don't think anyone would be disappointed with a stay here and we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the family room - never slept in better.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JulianSahu
Reviewed September 30, 2011

After a tiring road trip through the Atlas mountains, Dar Rocmarra was perfect place to unwind and re-energise. Despite the madness of Marrakech, Dar Rocmarra is calm, quiet and beautiful.

The riad has a contemporary decor and has a bright and airy feel. It is spotlessly clean. The staff are welcoming and beyond helpful. Jamila was a wonderful host, always checking we were happy and had everything we needed.

We stayed in the Johara room which was strewn with rose petals on our arrival. Fabulously comfortable bed and enormous bath which I could almost lie down in. The roof terrace was sunny and tranquil, perfect for drinks after a day wandering through Marrakech. Breakfast was delicious and served in a different spot in the riad each morning.

I'd go back in heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank quicksilver2121
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Contemporary Marrakech in style, situated among the narrow alleyways of the Medina, with family Riad homes and very small businesses (we loved the tiny bakery) passing along route the traditional wooden Riad entrance doors, (a wood door in a wood wall) finally you arrive at the entrance to the Rocmarra (by this time your wondering if you have made a mistake?) When the door opens your fears turn to joy as you are greeted by the friendly staff (led by Jamilla during the day and Jamil in the evening) a reserved attendance, only noticed when needed and usually one step ahead. The photos are good but do not relay the relaxed excellence which wafts though all the Riad's floors and roof terrace. Food was superb and even a log fire was provided for our cosy night in with beautifully prepared cocktails and snacks. Really this is a wonderful place to visit and if your visiting Marrakech for a short time, you may want to make it the richest experience possible, and if you do, you will not regret it! However, If you don't believe us just look at the visitors comments book when you get there, we did, as we felt special and thought they just really liked us, but it turns out that they just really like everyone!!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor but all rooms Brill.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimrowley
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Dar Rocmarra was a lovely little place to stay. It was tucked away from the noise of teh medina, but you were still only ten minutes walk from the main square. The staff were very nice and happy to help and the rooms were beautifully decorated.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I took a long time trying to find the best accomodation for me as a lone traveller. I came across this Riad via Hip Marrakech and am so glad that I did. In the heart of Marrakech, a short walk away from the Medina and Souks you walk through high walled alleyways to get there. On arrival I was worried that I would spend 5 days being lost but it soon becomes apparent and easy to get about with excellent help from the Manager, Jamila who went way beyond her call of duty with me. I was fed the most delicious homemade biscuits and given sweet mint tea as she explained the lay out of the city. Her cooking and accuracy with flavour is exceptional. I have never eaten pastries like it or lamb tangine with such enthusiasm.
The Riad is stunning and immaculate. My bed was beautifully decorated with rose petals and slightly wasted without the romance for me but if you were there as a couple, it would have been perfect. The service is truly excellent. My only bug bear was that I found it hard to sleep- not necessarily the fault of the Riad more the fact that I had chosen a room "without a view". I hate being enclosed and unless you go onto the roof (which is lovely and relaxing) there is no outside view at all. This might be Marrakech in general I fear.
Having returned to the U.K I would without question recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Marrakech. The owner is in contact with me and helping me trace a crate that is being shipped by an artisan. As I said, the service is exceptional.
Actually, it is worth staying here simply to eat Jamila's food. She is a brilliantly natural chef.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RosieFarr
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We were amazed at this beautiful riad tucked away in this fascinating area of Marrakech-stunning bedrooms with daily clean white linen and towels all set around a wonderful cetral courtyard. Jamila and her team really made us feel so welcolm- nothing was too much trouble from organising trips and taxis to preparing wonderful meals at short notice. The Dar Rocmarra is a minute away from the hustle and bustle of the shopping areas and yet as peaceful and tranquil as a spa. Our party of 12 were just overwhelmed
by the experience and we will certainly return......

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple