We stayed, as part of a group, for the last rhree nights of our tour of Morocco. Pleasant hotel with ample space in the rooms plus a balcony, lovely spacious pool and gardens plus 3 restaurants, snack bar and bar. But the rooms have no mini bar, the fridge had been disabled so we couldn't even keep our water cool and the hotel is way out of town, opposite a row of empty shops and next to a building site. A *5 star hotel and no mini bar??
Our tour included a very good breakfast in the 'International' restaurant where we opted to go for the very good buffet in the evening. Wine service was very slow. The second night we did likewise but the meal was much the same. On our last night, 11 ipeople independently booked through Reception to eat at the Moroccan Restaurant. At 7.30 we arrived to find it empty. After several enquiries which took half an hour, we were told that it was closed as the person running it was off that evening! No apology regarding our bookings. We went back to the buffet restaurant but that was closed too. We tried the snack bar but there was almost no food left. Finally we went to the Thai restaurant where there was no Thai food at all but a few leftover starters from the buffet, two hot dishes - one of them tripe! - and a few tired looking leftover desserts from the buffet of the last two days. It took 20 minutes to order the wine,10 for the waiter to bring it and 5 for him to find a corkscrew. Getting the bill each night caused great confusion and much runnning around. Hopeless service in a so-called *5 hotel . Staff are not trained to *1 standards let alone *5 star. A pity as the hotel has much to recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury resort is located in Agdal, a new residential district in Marrakech. Palm Plaza offers free Wi-Fi and free shuttles to the city. Palm Plaza Hotel features comfortable rooms and suites. Some feature a terrace. Savour exotic dishes in the hotel's restaurant. Have a snack in the pool bar. In the evening, have a quiet time in the piano bar or an exciting night in the night club. The spa features a heated play pool (for children from 14 years), a sauna, a hammam and a gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- Palm Plaza Marrakech Hotel And Spa
- Palm Plaza Hotel Marrakech