“Friendly, Hospitable, Clean, Tranquil, Close to Djemaa el Fna and easy to find.”
Review of Riad Al Mansoura

Riad Al Mansoura
Ranked #394 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Myself and my two friends found this hotel to be very warm and welcoming, a real haven in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. We found the Riad to be in walking distance of pretty much everything we wanted to see in Marrakech, and more importantly for me (I have no sense of direction) it was really easy to find, even though it was hidden away. To my friends delight they also had WIFI (though slightly sporadic, but when you're on holiday do you really need to be glued to the internet?). The rooms were cleaned daily, with fresh towels and if you ever needed more they were more than happy to provide.

Aziz (the manager) was always smiling and nothing was ever too much trouble for him. If you wanted, Aziz could arrange trips for you, sometimes taking you himself to show you a bit of the real Morocco. Though there was never any pressure to do this with him, as we also hired a private guide to see the sights through someone elses eyes too. When we did take a trip with Aziz we found him to be delightful company, giving you space to be on your own, or acting as guide. The staff themselves wouldnt have been out of place in an English 5*. As with Aziz, they were always ready to provide whatever you wanted with a smile, speaking a selection of languages (far more perfectly than I speak French) and somebody would always help you find what you wanted.

Having not stayed in Morocco before I have no idea if this is the kind of service that is provided in all Riads or if it is special to Riad Al Mansoura, but when I go again (which I will as there is always more to see) I know I won't be staying anywhere else. I cannot recommend this Riad enough if you want to be treated like royalty without having to blow your whole holiday budget on you accomodation alone. As with all Riads / Hotels in Morocco, there is a goverment set tax that has to be paid (it is set by the government and not the Riad) but at only 1 euro a day it isnt much.

The only tip I would give anyone who isnt used to the amount of people begging money is avoid those that chase you for cash as they hand their money over to their big boss at the end of the day. Instead, look out for the people that the shops, cafes etc give food to ,or to the old men and women who are still working past 70 ish. These don't ask for money but gratefully receive it (a tip our guide gave us as a way for him to decide who to give his change to). When we did give money we also found ways to give it as subtly so as not to be descended on by everyone!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Riad Al Mansoura

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I stayed at this riad for 7 days an all i can say is excellent the staff are very helpful, the place is beautiful and very clean, what i love is you feel like your in Morocco with the style it has been decorated and the markets are just outside...amazining place to stay if you like to relax...tthe roof is amazing for sunbathing and great views of the city ***** its like a five star villa...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We stayed for 2 weeks in the riad, and found it clean and peaceful, with lovely staff - they were more like a family than employees. The riad is fairly well situated in the old jewish quarter of the medina, and is only a couple of minutes walk away from both palaces and the main square. It would be a good idea to get a taxi or arrange a pick up with the riad owner when first arriving, otherwise I doubt you'd find it, as it's situated in a warren of small streets that criss-cross the Mellah quarter. The riad's food is home-cooked, and very good, and the rooms are nice. Best point has to be the sun terrace where you can sit in full sun and look at the Atlas mountains covered in snow. The city roofscape is pretty interesting - a mixture of mosque towers with storks' nests perched on top, riad roof gardens, and a jumble of washing and carpets hung out to dry. Oh, and loads of satellite dishes!! You can book trips to the Sahara/ Essaouira etc through the riad, but I'd advise shopping around for prices, as you'll probably find cheaper from the tour operators' stalls in the street.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2009

The place to stay in Marrakech! This riad is comfortable, clean, offers you value for money, is stylishly decorated, and is located near the Bahia palace, a taxi stand and the market place Djemaa el Fna.

After having spent the day in the busy streets of Marrakech, I found the riad to be a relaxing place of serenity. I stayed in a lovely room on the sun terrace, from where you get a great view of the city.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Whatever you would want to do in or around Marrakech - the host Aziz will help you. Aziz speaks English, Italian and some Spanish.

It is also possible to eat in the riad - they serve exquisite Moroccan cuisine.

All in all: Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I recommend tourists to stay in Riad Al Mansoura if they are looking for having a real Moroccan experience! It is located in the heart of the old Medina, near to all the most traditional attractions.
The place is nice, it's got an amazing terrace, where you can see the old marrakesh city. Staff is very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2009

All my friends and family are worried when I told them I'm going to Marrakech alone. But when I arrived at this lovely riad, I am falling love with it straight away. The hotel staff Khalid met me with a big smile that can make anybody melt. He is very very helpful and lovely. He makes me great breakfast and lovely mint tea. I enjoyed his company during my whole stay. My room was on the terrace and I absolutely loved it. It's clean, beautiful and quiet. The other guy, Aziz, showed me around Marrakech and took me out of town to explore many places. All in all, I would recommend this riad to anybody who want to explore Marrakech. You can be sure that you are in good hands.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We stayed three nights at the Riad in mid October. Aziz (the manager) collected us from the airport and brought us directly to the riad (would recommend this extra, you'll never find it via a taxi). All the staff are very friendly and will gladly help organise trips with local guides/transport. The location is great for exploring the medina, about 10 minutes walk from the main square and close to the start of the souks and main shopping areas. We had the green room which was comfy and quiet in the evenings, always good to come back to after a hectic day in the markets.

Overal highly recommended, great location, friendly staff, very clean rooms and a relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple