“splendid riad - good moroccan food”

Riad Kniza Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 875 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Horley
“splendid riad - good moroccan food”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Its a beautiful Riad - lovingly restored, which the owners proudly will show you around before you eat.
The meal is traditional Moroccan food, with a chicken pastilla (pie) to start - be sure you like cinnamon as its used extensively.
If you don't they'll give you another dish. The Tagines are all good - lamb with a sweet sauce and figs - chicken with olives.
The Johara (type of cream pie with almonds) we weren't overly impressed by and the Moroccan pastries are very dry and flaky but the coffee was good.
Service was excellent.
Overall well worth the experience at 1000 dhs for two with drinks

• Visited September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
Oxted, United Kingdom
“Superb food and friendly service”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you want to eat here you must book in advance. The menu is limited but what you get is high quality. We had a salad starter followed by fish tajine and lamb tajine. Both excellent and more than enough to fill us up. This was some of the best food we have eaten anywhere in the world. A must try when in Marrakech.

Visited September 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Excellent Moroccan at a value price”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Mr. Bouskri was our guide through the Medina and in the beginning he told us that he was going to show us a Riad. Towards the middle of the tour, he guided us through an alley and suddenly he was knocking into a certain "Riad Kniza". Upon entering, I and my partner were in awe of the beautiful and intricate decoration of the patio. Mr. Bouskri proudly showed us around the Riad and later on we learned that he was in fact the owner!

We were on our way to continue on our tour when I asked Mr. Bouskri if the restaurant was open to serve lunch since I was feeling the effects of our almost 3 hours walk through the medina.

Boy, I did not know that we were in for a treat!
I am no expert to exactly describe food, but I knew I was in culinary heaven!
I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
In the end, we barely could touch the dessert but was never able to resist.
Our server was prompt and courteous!
We were even surprised at how much value (low) we had to paid for.

All in all - perfect service in a perfect environment!

• Visited August 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The starters were the best I had in Marrakech. Service was excellent and nothing was too much trouble.

We had the choice of inside or out and we chose to eat on the roof top. Was like an oasis in the middle of the madness of the medina.

I didn't stay in this raid but we were shown around by the owner and I would definitely stay here if I came again. The riad has been in their family for generations.

If you want true Moroccan food this is the place.

• Visited September 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Riad Kniza food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great Moroccan food and wonderful small, well detailed dining rooms in a Moroccan setting. The staff was very attentive and provided wonderful service at this beautiful Riad.

Visited August 2013