“Cafe du Livre revisited”
Review of Cafe du Livre

Cafe du Livre
Ranked #227 of 918 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Since my first visit to Cafe du Livre there have been some changes. It has changed ownership and Youness and Liz, the new owners. have cleaned the place from top to bottom. It looks brighter and cleaner, the air conditioning and fans work and the atmosphere is much fresher than before. The menu has been added to and there is a now a wide variety of dishes to choose from. I always feel welcome, whether I want to eat a meal or just have a drink and make use of the free Wifi. I can choose from alcoholic or non-alcoholic cold drinks at some of the most reasonable prices in Marrakech.
I have also made use of the library, swapping books and reswapping as I finish them.
The highlight for me, apart from the ever friendly welcome, is quiz night on Mondays. Liz always puts together an interesting, if sometimes challenging quiz and my fellow quizzers and I invariably have a lot of fun. It is competitive without being over serious.
It reminds me of an English pub, my local where I can go and sit and do my own thing, or if there are people I know, have a chat with the regulars.
If you are looking for a place to go where you can be sure of a welcome, some good food that is not traditionally Moroccan at a reasonable price, Cafe du Livre is the place to go. It is directly behind the Carre Eden shopping mall that is in the process of being completed in the street running parallel to Avenue Mohamed V, at the Rue Sourya end. It is inside the Courtyard of Hotel Tousanne. There is a pavement sign pointing to it, but it is small so look out for it.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Café du livre is a great place to come for any occasion. Live Music, Monday Night Quiz , Just for a beer or a tea - there is always a welcoming and friendly atmosphere and something for everyone.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been living in Marrakech for about 4 months now and I am so glad that I found Cafe Du Livre. The food is great and a welcome change from tagine and cous-cous especially as they serve a mean cheese and bacon toastie.
Quiz night on a Monday is a must but is not on again until September :-(... Liz and Younis are great hosts and always very welcoming. The draft beer is extra special and I have never seen it anywhere else in Morocco as everywhere I have been only sells bottles, plus they have a great happy hour in the evening.
Overall a fantastic place to while away a few hours with a beer and a book, definitely a thumbs up.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Cafe du Livre is a great place to relax and have a break from all the craziness of Marrakech. Great food, friendly service and reasonable prices. It is a small cafe with wifi and people just relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere. It really was a great place to visit.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

After a bustling day of exploring Marrakech it is nice to find a place where you can relax, have a drink and great food. The big selection of local and international dishes, friendly atmosphere and great service speak for themselves. I definitely recommend this place and never hesitate to pay a visit when i am in the neighbourhood.