“Great cafe, nice people!”
Review of Cafe du Livre

Cafe du Livre
Ranked #156 of 967 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We've just enjoyed our 3rd visit to Cafe du Livre, and I'm sure we'll be back! It's right in the center of Gueliz in Marrakech's new town. It's got delicious (and healthy) food, great fun atmosphere, nice people. We've tried several of the salads, tapas, and entrees, plus yummy drinks (alc and non-alc). Come here one time and you'll be on a first name basis with the owners Liz and Younis. They have great advice on what to do and see in town, and they even helped us find a lovely traditional Riad guesthouse to stay in! They speak English, French, Arabic, etc etc...

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I really needed a beer, and I hopped in a taxi to this place. It's in the grounds of a hotel, so not immediately obvious, and it's not anywhere you'd pass walking about, so you really have to want to come here. But they have beer on tap and the food is pretty decent. I whiled away a couple of evenings here when I wanted to escape the Medina. Oh, and they do cocktails. I had an Earl Grey martini, which was quite lemony and had a rim of sugar, both of which I thought odd for a martini. But then I was given a second for free, because the owner had made too much, so who am I to complain, and they were very nice. A if you want to come somewhere to hang out quietly, read (you own book or one of theirs), have a drink and a meal, this is as good a place as any.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Liz and Younis are wonderful hosts at Cafe du Livre. The chilli I had was awesome, and probably the first spicy food I've eaten weeks. (Moroccan cusine just lacks that heat, but not at Cafe du Livre). They also have a great board game that is easy to play and addictive and I don't think it's found anywhere else. This is like being home from home. We'll definitely be coming back again and again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Quite difficult to find but a good place to have a snack and a drink. They do excellent sandwiches and salads.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Salade du chef? Trust the chef and here is a challenge for you: finish it!!! Amazing times in a nice and friendly environment, good music and a true pub ambiance like there is none in marrakech. Lis and younes will make sure you and your friends will have a great time. Good match day ambiance as well. Just love the place and want it to share it with you. Ps. Try the buffalo chicken wings mmm