“Fantastic hotel for 1st time visitor”
Review of Riad Lorsya

Riad Lorsya
Ranked #255 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here during our trip to Morocco which included our wedding at another location. This place was wonderful. Beautiful decorations and room. A short (5 min.), safe, easy walk through the alleyways to the main square. Delicious food served in the dining room or on the rooftop. We were in the Samsara suite which was so colorful and exactly what I imagined a moroccan hotel room should look like. I definitely recommend this particular suite over the others, although they are nice too.

Most of all, the service was amazing. I don't think even a 5 star hotel in Paris will treat you this nice. Zaidi and the staff would go out of there way to make your stay memorable. I asked for an envelope, Zaidi said "We don't have any so I will go buy you some." I asked directions to a local restaurant, instead of telling me he had one of the other employees escort me and my wife all the way there. Our first time in Morocco and at this hotel was an amazing experience.

And definitely ask for them to arrange a trip out to the desert. It's an incredible place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 6, 2011

very nice riad, in a good location, very nice staff

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Riad Lorsya is right in the heart of Marrakech, a few minutes walk from the central square. Abdul, Zahidi and Mustafa were very attentive to our needs sorting out trips and requests without a problem. The Riad is reached (as they all are) through the narrow streets and alleys, a brass sign on the door is the only indication that you've arrived. Once the door opens your holiday truly begins. Refurbished to a good standard in the traditional style the Riad has a plunge pool in one corner of the courtyard next to the dining table. Upstairs there are 4 rooms all very well decorated with good facilities. The gem though is the roof terrace that has sun lounges and a covered area. I would have no problem in recommending Riad Lorsya to other visitors to Marrakesh.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Me and my mother stayed here for a weekend, and as to lone female travellers the staff could not have been more accommodating, walking us to the main square and organising day trips with reputable guides.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Very nice riad near the Jamaa El fna square, with very nice staff and a good quality of services.
Excellent food

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Just wrote a really long and glowing review and then my computer crashed before i saved....so - this will be short and sweet! Great Riad..fantastic staff...brilliant location. Lovely clean rooms-we stayed in the Sheherazade suite which was beautifula dn very romantic - great sun terrace. Just lovely! I scoured the net for weeks on end before deciding on Lorsya and I'm so glad I did.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Very nice decor. The service was excellent. The riad arranged for our airport transfer - it was affordable and easy. We stayed in the Perle d'Orient room. It was clean and comfortable - we loved the shower. We would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple