“A pleasant discover behind that door...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bo & Zin

Bo & Zin
Ranked #68 of 857 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Milan, Italy
“A pleasant discover behind that door...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I wasn't sure until i started writing this comment today on the real rating for this restaurant. I would have given a three stars overall but I have to admit that here around there's not much better than this lovely site. So, I go for four as it was deserved after all.

The location was great. If you are not used to the place here in Morocco, where do not underestimate the anonymous entrance. behind those doors a lovely entrance made of warm lights and great furniture welcomes you before getting to the back of the restaurant that opens up in a main bamboo garden with many different private areas in which getting lost with you group and enjoy the evening.

We were a very big business group of people and we were asked to be accommodating to the left hand side of the garden where the fish pool was. just a note on that little pool : I would definitely suggest to make the little swimming pool edges brighter to avoid that someone might fall into it ... like it happened to us...very amusing and entertainment for us a bit less for her .

Well, food was great; I had a Moroccan Salad so delicious and very new to me in terms of taste especially a typical sweet and sour sauce that was coming along. Then I went for one of the best lamb leg ever had. It was Crispy outside and juicy inside. It was falling apart for how tender it was and it didn't have that wild back taste that you normally get whenever preparing , cooking and eat Lamb. Thumbs up here, I really suggest you to go for it. I then finish up my meal with a Fruit Brochette, nice for the melted chocolate with an idea of fondue.

Wine was instead disappointing. Not a good label, Cuvee du President Cabernet rouge. It was a blend red wine and bodiless. Not the best choice whatsoever.

The tea to end was instead amazing as it always happens to be here.

A special mention to the personnel that once again proofed to be very accommodating and fun as well coming along our craziness that grew more and more with the time and the wine going down even though wasn't the best ... second time I say this, I’ve just realized that : sorry but that's true.

A special mention to the black African hostess at the reception (no arm here, I’ve clarified the race to distinguished her from the second Caucasus hostess). I didn't get her name but definitely a great presence from who you couldn't get a warmer welcome. Compliments !!!

Once again, the main note I would point you to take note is the light in the garden and at the tables. Great ambience but quite a few more candles per table or a main additional soft light might be of everyone’s help here.

For the rest, all good: keep up the good job.

ciao

Epi

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Epi1975

Asuncion, Paraguay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,422 helpful votes
“No ambience and bad food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

well, the title of my review says it all. Maybe we got there in a bad night but the food was quite banal and looked like microwaved, while the dining room was pretty empty. First and last time...

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank apalmero
Kent, United Kingdom
“Good fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is upmarket Marrakech - stunning place, decor, and also a bit of an entertaining venture! The food is ok, but should you just be looking for somewhere to go for a night out, maybe before clubbing - this is it!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Optimistic379
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“A little disappinted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Food is asian influence. Food was ok not fabulous. Decor was cool but not my favorite. There ate better restaurants in marrakech.

Visited July 2014
Faversham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place full of beautiful people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We booked a table at Bo&Zin to celebrate my partner’s 50th birthday and weren’t disappointed.

When we arrived we thought the place had the feel of a London nightclub and were a little nervous. We were taken to a table right by the DJ and his speakers and thought at the time are we going to be subjected to loud music all night!

As there were not too many people around when we arrived we thought we would have a couple of drinks in the sofa area. Service was friendly and fast. After an hour, when people started to arrive we moved back to our table and place our order for food. The menu is quite varied, I chose an Asian assortment and my partner a steak which were both very good.

We should not have been worried at all about the music, it was fantastic. A great mix of music from all eras which seemed to please the very stylish clientele. At one point the music got slightly louder and the DJ started to play drums which was great fun. The lights went down and from behind us the staff came forward with a birthday cake and candles for my partner. What a fantastic surprise for both of us as I hadn’t arranged this. The manager then gave him a CD of the BoZin music as a memento.

We had a very special time and would recommend it to anyone wanting a fun night out with great food, drink and service surrounded by beautiful people.

• Visited June 2014