“Enchanting riad!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 504 Hotels in Marrakech
jonnamama
“Enchanting riad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our family recently spent a few days at Riad Camilia. It was fabulous in every way. Entering from the chaotic medina is like stepping into another world... an oasis of peace and beauty. Nicolas was a marvelous host, very attentive and eager to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. He made us feel like royalty, and we certainly felt like we were staying in a small palace! It is absolutely gorgeous inside, each room beautiful and unique. The rooftop is serene and relaxing. We ate most of our meals at the riad. The home cooked food was delicious and better than any food we tried elsewhere. We did not want to leave at the end of our stay! I researched many riads prior to making a reservation. We travel frequently, and I feel that where you stay does impact your overall feel and memory of a place, so I am quite particular in choosing great accommodation. There are so many choices in Marrakech and it is hard to choose, but we made absolutely made the right choice and definitely recommend to others. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jonnamama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Marrakech
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Amazing Riad - a beautiful oasis of calm in a busy, bustling city! Beautiful décor, great service, fabulous breakfast and very friendly staff. couldn't ask for more. The roof terrace is a beautiful space - the whole hotel has a very calming feel to it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Richard V
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

What a perfect place to celebrate a very special birthday! My three daughters brought my wife here for a very special weekend (I tagged on for the ride!), Nicholas was the perfect host ensuring that everything was better than excellent. The ambience and the decor are stunning and the location could not be bettered. If you want comfort, style, pampering and appreciate attention to detail, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: They are all stunning!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DavidXimenes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The place was magnificent, this was a last second get away and I couldn't have been happier. The host was amazing and all of the activities and arrangements were made without any issues. The food was delicious and due to it being slow season it was like having a villa all to myself!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank RigalKristian
cape town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Let me first say to all the researcher personalities like myself, I spent weeks looking for the 'perfect' riad in a sea of riads. Although I found lots of greatly reviewed riads, they were either far from the medina, had small rooms at high prices, poor management reviews or were just unappealing aesthetically. Well when I came across Riad Camillia I thought it was too goo to be true. What a gem. Here are the highlights of this romantic getaway with all the insider information:

1. Rooms- all 6 are gorgeous, you really will be happy with any of them as the charm in each one is so warm and detailed. The showers are out of a romance novel and the balconies are so welcoming for a good book, cup of tea or some cuddle time with that special someone.

2. The management: Nicolas runs the riad and is so delightful. He took the time to run through restaurant options for each night , hammam recommendations, lunch, activities, directions, tips and tricks for the medina shopping :) not to mention organizing cooking lessons on site at the riad. He also organized transport to/from the airport to the riad easy and without an issue. He was such a rock star and patiently helped us with any of our needs, thanks Nic!

3. Food and staff: we ate pretty much at the riad for our breakfast and lunches and I enjoyed the home cooked food there! All the staff were so friendly and attentive at all hours of the night.

I loved how nicely decorated and large the riad was. There were orange trees in the courtyard and palm tree on the roof deck shading us while we had our breakfast and overlooked the snow capped Atlas mountains. Little sipping pools everywhere and my favorite...were all the nooks and crannies to sit in, curl up on a couch, warm up near the fire or just get comfy with some colorful cushions. LOved it.

The riad was such a big part of my Marrakesh experience, like I predicted. And so, at times I irritate myself with all the research I tend to do when it comes to these things, but this time my efforts were really well invested and led me to Riad Camillia. I hope you enjoy your stay and Nic I'll be back soon.

Warm regards

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dmaymon
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Riad Camilia in Dec. 2012 for five nights. It is very clean and beautifully decorated. Best of all, the staff is excellent when it comes to customer service. We had dinner at the Riad a few of the nights and the food was as good as any fine restaurant, not to mention, the tables were beautifully set -- crystal, fine china, rose petals and all! The location is excellent if you want to spend time in the Medina. The Souks are only a few minutes away. Should you want to travel to other locations, the helpful staff will arrange it. I have never felt so spoiled while on vacation. I hated to leave.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Caroline B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this most amazing Riad for my brithday on 12-12-12 with my girlfriends and we had the trip of a lifetime. Nicholas and the wonderful staff were so helpful and treated us so well. We were always greeted home with a smile and some lovely mint tea. The food was the best and dinners were always so special. I've traveled around the world but this was really top on my list. You simply must stay here.....

Room Tip: We rented the entire place but each room was special....not a bad room in the enitre riad
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends