WINNER WONDERLAND

Riad Camilia
Ranked #6 of 512 Hotels in Marrakech
“Perfect hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The place was magnificent, this was a last second get away and I couldn't have been happier. The host was amazing and all of the activities and arrangements were made without any issues. The food was delicious and due to it being slow season it was like having a villa all to myself!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank RigalKristian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
cape town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Let me first say to all the researcher personalities like myself, I spent weeks looking for the 'perfect' riad in a sea of riads. Although I found lots of greatly reviewed riads, they were either far from the medina, had small rooms at high prices, poor management reviews or were just unappealing aesthetically. Well when I came across Riad Camillia I thought it was too goo to be true. What a gem. Here are the highlights of this romantic getaway with all the insider information:

1. Rooms- all 6 are gorgeous, you really will be happy with any of them as the charm in each one is so warm and detailed. The showers are out of a romance novel and the balconies are so welcoming for a good book, cup of tea or some cuddle time with that special someone.

2. The management: Nicolas runs the riad and is so delightful. He took the time to run through restaurant options for each night , hammam recommendations, lunch, activities, directions, tips and tricks for the medina shopping :) not to mention organizing cooking lessons on site at the riad. He also organized transport to/from the airport to the riad easy and without an issue. He was such a rock star and patiently helped us with any of our needs, thanks Nic!

3. Food and staff: we ate pretty much at the riad for our breakfast and lunches and I enjoyed the home cooked food there! All the staff were so friendly and attentive at all hours of the night.

I loved how nicely decorated and large the riad was. There were orange trees in the courtyard and palm tree on the roof deck shading us while we had our breakfast and overlooked the snow capped Atlas mountains. Little sipping pools everywhere and my favorite...were all the nooks and crannies to sit in, curl up on a couch, warm up near the fire or just get comfy with some colorful cushions. LOved it.

The riad was such a big part of my Marrakesh experience, like I predicted. And so, at times I irritate myself with all the research I tend to do when it comes to these things, but this time my efforts were really well invested and led me to Riad Camillia. I hope you enjoy your stay and Nic I'll be back soon.

Warm regards

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dmaymon
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Riad Camilia in Dec. 2012 for five nights. It is very clean and beautifully decorated. Best of all, the staff is excellent when it comes to customer service. We had dinner at the Riad a few of the nights and the food was as good as any fine restaurant, not to mention, the tables were beautifully set -- crystal, fine china, rose petals and all! The location is excellent if you want to spend time in the Medina. The Souks are only a few minutes away. Should you want to travel to other locations, the helpful staff will arrange it. I have never felt so spoiled while on vacation. I hated to leave.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully decorated.
3 Thank Caroline B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this most amazing Riad for my brithday on 12-12-12 with my girlfriends and we had the trip of a lifetime. Nicholas and the wonderful staff were so helpful and treated us so well. We were always greeted home with a smile and some lovely mint tea. The food was the best and dinners were always so special. I've traveled around the world but this was really top on my list. You simply must stay here.....

Room Tip: We rented the entire place but each room was special....not a bad room in the enitre riad
1 Thank Kim1212
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you'd like a taste of paradise, this is the place! As you walk in from the Medina, you just can't believe this is just steps away. A group of 6 girls celebrating a special occassion - Nicholas and staff treated us like we were the only people on earth. This is a must for everybody's Bucket list!!

1 Thank freebirdinak
Copenhagen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

When I first read other reviews mention all the staff by name I was a bit suspicious, but after having spent one week in Riad Camilia I can only say that this is the friendliest most helpful staff I have ever encountered.

The riad is right in the middle of the medina and Nicolas the manager comes to greet you as cars can't go there. The Riad is absolutely stunning. we stayed in the suite on the first floor with 3 massive rooms and huge bathroom. It is so tastefully decorated and breathtaking.

Nicolas the manager (french guy) is so helpful and friendly, not in an intrusive fashion just genuinely helpful and the man never sleeps. The staff is always there to assist you with anything you want. Fatima is the cook, and I want to mention her in particular cause I don't think you have ever tried Morrocan food until you have had her food. Her couscous is so good, you should under no circumstances miss it. You can dine there for 150 MAD per person, and whatever restaurant you venture out to try nothing will come close to her cooking. Try to go to the best 3 recommended on tripadvisor and then compare it to her food.

The city itself grows on you after a few days. when you are new, it is impossible to find your way around, but do yourself a favour and never listen to the boys always ask the shopkeepers or women, the kids are just trying to scam you and after a day or two you got the maze figured out.

Just cannot say enough good things about riad camilia, the owner is so lucky to have these people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maydane
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

had an amazing stay at riad camilia in july 2012. it's truly a little oasis in the heart of old marrakech. nico and his team are beyond hospitable and treated us like family. i enjoyed the added benefits of the freshly prepared meals, hammam and massage. the riad is decorated beautifully and the rooftop is dreamy both day & night. stay here and you will have an unforgettable, luxurious, enjoyable holiday with a fantastic team who will take care of your every need.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends