Let me first say to all the researcher personalities like myself, I spent weeks looking for the 'perfect' riad in a sea of riads. Although I found lots of greatly reviewed riads, they were either far from the medina, had small rooms at high prices, poor management reviews or were just unappealing aesthetically. Well when I came across Riad Camillia I thought it was too goo to be true. What a gem. Here are the highlights of this romantic getaway with all the insider information:
1. Rooms- all 6 are gorgeous, you really will be happy with any of them as the charm in each one is so warm and detailed. The showers are out of a romance novel and the balconies are so welcoming for a good book, cup of tea or some cuddle time with that special someone.
2. The management: Nicolas runs the riad and is so delightful. He took the time to run through restaurant options for each night , hammam recommendations, lunch, activities, directions, tips and tricks for the medina shopping :) not to mention organizing cooking lessons on site at the riad. He also organized transport to/from the airport to the riad easy and without an issue. He was such a rock star and patiently helped us with any of our needs, thanks Nic!
3. Food and staff: we ate pretty much at the riad for our breakfast and lunches and I enjoyed the home cooked food there! All the staff were so friendly and attentive at all hours of the night.
I loved how nicely decorated and large the riad was. There were orange trees in the courtyard and palm tree on the roof deck shading us while we had our breakfast and overlooked the snow capped Atlas mountains. Little sipping pools everywhere and my favorite...were all the nooks and crannies to sit in, curl up on a couch, warm up near the fire or just get comfy with some colorful cushions. LOved it.
The riad was such a big part of my Marrakesh experience, like I predicted. And so, at times I irritate myself with all the research I tend to do when it comes to these things, but this time my efforts were really well invested and led me to Riad Camillia. I hope you enjoy your stay and Nic I'll be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a sumptuous and authentic ryad with intact oriental and moorish atmosphere. The owners have invested time and passion to decorate this little palace of the Marrakech medina with wonderful objects and paintings found in local flea markets and antique shops around the world. The patio (courtyard) is an area of calm and relaxation where you find a small pool. There are two bedrooms on the ground floor and one bedroom and a suite overlooking the courtyard from the first floor. The master suite is absolutely gorgeous and we strongly advise you to spend a few nights there with your loved one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Riad Camilia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Camilia Hotel Marrakech