TripAdvisor
Marrakech
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the main square rooftop terrace hammam and massage cookery class cooking lesson jemaa el lovely riad room was beautifully decorated tucked away his team tagine crepes small pool an oasis day trip orange juice old city
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2019 via mobile

The Riad was acceptable.
Rooms, old and tired,towels and bath rugs need replacing. Clean, in as much it very dated.
I realize this is an old building and “ authentic “ but it’s not authentic, just tatty.
The pictures have been taken with a great deal of creativity
Breakfast is poor, bread, jam, a cheese triangle, small coffee. If you ask can have a small omelette between 2 people.
It is in the centre so good access to the square
There is no restaurant, bar or pool. As some sites have said, there is a small splash pool in the courtyard
2 day stay is plenty

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2019 via mobile

If I could give a zero, I would. My sister and I had a really long day of walking and finally arrived at 11pm. There is a big door with a knocker which we knocked twice. The guy who opened the door screamed in my face for knocking, saying that I should have used the doorbell, which is located off to the side of the door beside a plant and not visible. As we entered he shook his head at us and put his hand on his forehead, stating that we scared him and he had to jump up because we knocked. I have never been screamed at when coming into a hotel. On top of that, we didn’t have towels in our room to shower. I would STAY AWAY!!! There are so many better places that welcome you with tea and a smile. DO NOT come here!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2019

My daughter booked this Riad having visited it before. it is well located to be able to walk to many of the main attractions and markets. the staff are very helpful and will arrange evening meals, wine, taxi transfers. The roof top terrace is a beautiful space giving panoramic views and a comfy space to chill. Our room was comfortable. The food was tasty and there was plenty of it. We especially enjoyed our cooking lesson which included shopping in the food market and then cooking in the kitchen. We learned how the different spices are used in moroccan cooking. I would come back here again.

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

Will start this just saying how much we loved it. Breakfast was excellent for being Moroccan style, the terrace and the pool were fantastic! Staff was great, especially the guy at the reception who helped us a lot when we needed something! One night we got hammam and massages and after that we had traditional tagine dinner! This was beyond excitement and 100% recommend to try them out if you ever come here!
Bigest disapointment: after 2-3 days we spent here we wanted to check on the money we have left (just to mention we never took our wallets outside the room and always kept them inside, and the room was padlocked all the time). Me and my boyfriend were missing a 20£ note each, and our friend who staying in a different room was missing 2 x 20£ and 1 x 5€ (she came here a few days before us and never checked on the money before we noticed that ours was missing). This cannot be any coincidence especially that we never took our wallets ouside the room and we knew exactly how much we changed and how much we had left. We didn’t want to create any drama around it and just informed the manager and the receptionist guy. Obviously we didn’t get anything back and they told us is not possible for someone from the riad to steal (the room was being cleaned every morning by the housekeepers).
There is no doubt that money was missing from all of us that left the wallets inside, and the only one from our party without missing money had the wallet in his pocket all the time. I am very disappointed as i really loved this riad, but hopefully this review will help others to protect their money better than us if they come here.

Side note: there is a safe inside the room (ours was closed and nobody informed us how to use it). I traveled so much around the world and never had any issues leaving my wallet inside, without being in any safe (this was the reason i didn’t even bother to ask about the safe).
This situation got them only 2 stars from me.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Riad_Diana, Inhaber at Riad Diana, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Dear Biannca, I thank you for staying with us. I apologize the inconveniences that you had but to be honest, I am 100% sure that nobody from my staff has stolen something from your room. We are working together with exactly the same staff since more than 10 years and never ever something gets lost or stolen from a guest. Please check our more than 770 reviews.
Our staff gets very well paid and absolutely nobody would risk his good job because of 20 or 40 pounds - believe me!
If anybody is scared, he/she should use the safe. It’s free of charge.

Reviewed August 24, 2019

The room was a triple room with a good size complete with AC, the bathroom had a nice shower and two sinks. The room overlooked the centre of the courtyard and there is a nice rooftop terrace with loungers and chairs. This was good for relaxation.

The staff here get 10/10 for me going out of their way each and every day, even when serving breakfast. Very kind to offer more food and suggestions on where to go.

There is a pool and hammam, massages, spa treatments available at reasonable prices.

The location is quite near the square and you get to walk through the amazing and quite friendly market ( I was reunited with my debit card thanks to a local who noticed I had dropped it)

Would recommend and stay here again!!

Date of stay: August 2019