All reviews atlas mountains big square walking distance nice breakfast comfortable bed his team rooftop terrace philippe abdul medina
Reviewed April 20, 2018

The place was nice and clean. The staff was a little too quiet, so we couldn't know, if we are welcome. Also the sounds from the other rooms were a little disturbing. But the good thing is the location of the hotel - it is very close to the main square in we had no problems to find it.

Date of stay: April 2018
philippemarrakech, Propriétaire at Riad Mariana, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2018

thank you for your comment, we are happy to see that you enjoyed the Riad and its tranquility; there is no noise in the riad or in the rooms, we ensure the tranquility of our guests; we are sorry for the work done at the neighbor during 2 mornings.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Well positioned, close to all the sites of the city. Clean rooms, comfortable bed. good WiFi. Relaxing roof top terrace. Nice breakfast. This was our first visit to Marrakesh and quite a culture shock for us. Abdul and Fatima looked after us well. They gave us guidance on getting around and booked a tour for us across the Atlas mountains to Ouarzazate. Fatima's tajine cooking lesson was fun and the meal tasty. Abdul took us to the market to get the ingredients and we saw normal daily life going on whilst hearing the history of the Mellah area. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Riad Mariana is a quiet refuge in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. As tourists who did not do a quite thorough research on Morocco, Riad Mariana has helped me and my family enormously. First and foremost, the small number but familiar and friendly faces of the staff was refreshing in a foreign country. It added to the homey environment of the riad. The host, Philippe, was very kind, accommodating and helpful. He gave us tips on how to get around Marrakech. With regards to our room, we found it surprisingly magnificently decorated and gave the feeling of a true Moroccan place. It was also kept tidy and clean everyday. The complimentary breakfast was not only convenient but lovely. The atrium design of the riad gave a cool breeze flowing through the hallways which was truly revitalising after hours of staying under the Moroccan sun. Even the location of the place seemed strategic as we found ourselves near enough to the Jemaa-El-Fna market but not too close to be bothered in our rest.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will truly recommend this place to Morocco tourists.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
philippemarrakech, Propriétaire at Riad Mariana, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Dear Astrid , we are very happy for your visit and for your recommendation . Kind regards. Philippe

Reviewed May 5, 2017

I don't usually post reviews on TripAdvisor but I feel the eventful experience warrants a review. Everyone will have their own experiences so I'm going to state the facts here:

1. The Riad is definitely good value for money - quiet, clean, spacious, great friendly receptionist (who's there everyday 6pm to 10am and speaks excellent English).

2. Booked the Marrakech/Merzouga 3D/2N tour through the Riad for 1,100 dirham and discovered everyone else on the same tour booked for 750 - 800 dirham. We had the same meals, accommodation and transport throughout the tour.

3. Was thrown at by kids with wooden sticks on the way back to the Riad one night (around 9pm). No blood was shed but head was bruised. Local police got involved which wasn't helpful when I wanted to just rest.

4. Cancelled two nights of accommodation and tried to ask for 50% refund. Due to cancellation policy (8 days apparently), Philippe was kind enough to offer me two free nights only for myself (not allowed to pass on to friends & family) in the next 24 months if I were to return.

5. Taxi drivers finding it hard to locate/reach the place (eg taxi driver had to stop and ask for directions on the first night from the airport) and van drivers won't drive to it (eg the tour bus)

Overall, interesting experience in Morocco that I will never forget!

Thanks Riad Mariana!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank LexC106
philippemarrakech, Propriétaire at Riad Mariana, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2017

Dear Lex, I do not understand everything, but thank you for expressing your comment ... your comment relates your experience atypical but your note devalues ​​us ... you are wrong about the prices of Merzouga, it is serious to say things wrong and To reproach us, you are not correct dex Lex you paid 1100 dirhams (100 euros) to the agency GSN
(2 nights half board, transport ....), those who pay 750 dirhams spend only one night in the desert certainly you have the courage of the birds singing in our patio ...regards

Reviewed April 3, 2017

I absolutely loved the place! It's peaceful, cameral and quiet. The rooms are very clean and beautifully designed. The location is perfect, in a small street of the medina, only 10min walking stright to Jamaa el Fnaa. The owner is a very kind person. I'd recommend it to group of friends seeking relax, families as couples.

You can read more on my blog bewilderedinmorocco . com

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
philippemarrakech, Propriétaire at Riad Mariana, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Thank you for this great recommendation ! we hope to see you a next time . Philippe