All reviews private pool shuttle service the main house central riad hiring a car busy marrakesh quiet retreat other guests free shuttle min drive breakfast is served every evening hakim villa bustle airport driver
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you've stayed for a few days in the Medina, Terra Mia is a welcome retreat.

We spent 4 nights in the beautiful Riad (there are also villas with private pools scattered around the grounds). The room was huge, comfortable and very good value, especially given that we were one of only two couples staying there, so had the pool almost to ourselves.

The food was good, but nothing special (a bit too salty for my liking). The service was also fine, if a little impersonal at times; although that may have been on purpose, because it would have been weird if they were hanging around when it was only the two of us at the hotel.

Room Tip: We didn't bother with a massage or hammam, as they were pretty expensive compared to the Medina.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed in Atlas Villa for 7 days with my wife and two sons (14 and 17 years). We were treated brilliantly. Collection and return to the airport, and a free shuttle to Marrakech we felt like royalty. The villa with private pool was a perfect tranquil location and ideal layout for family. The grounds were lovely and the evening food (trad. Morrocan) fantastic. Breakfast was exceptional (pancakes, omelettes, bread, youghurts, melon etc)The personal touches from the staff ensured even my very difficult son ate well. Temp (44+), would happily have stayed longer. A wonderfully run family business, who take great pride in the hotel and the services that the offer. Highly reccommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We spent two nights at Terra Mia, and had a lovely time. The place is beautiful and very well taken care of. It´s a 20 min drive to the centre of Marrakech, but there´s no hassle at all, as there´s a free transfer a couple of times per day (apart from the transfers to the airport). The staff are really helpful, the rooms spotless, spacious and elegant. The swimming pool and gardens are the perfect treat to relax after the buzz of the city. Would definitely recommend the stay to families and couples looking for some relaxing luxury time in Marrakech.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ediesel
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We spend last week in Terra Mia, highly recommended, wonderful place, we have a lovely time the 3 of us, excellent food, peaceful, lovely garden, confortable, clean, elegant, child friendly. The vilas are the best place if you have a child.

We are going back next year!

Thank you Hakim and the staff.

Lorena

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Terra Mia was recommended by a friend who travelled during the Easter break.

I liked this place a LOT. And unfortunately for me, I'm one of the fussiest, most easily annoyed guests around. But hats off to Hakim and the team for creating a really fabulous holiday in the sun.

The Riad (main building) itself is great but private villas are truly exceptional. They are HUGE with high ceilings and a genuine sense of calm and privacy. The private pools are also full-size (on a completely different level from the regular plunge pools that I was expecting). They are brilliant value for what you get and could accommodate a family of 4 or two couples very easily.

As noted in other reviews, the service is excellent. This is a place that really does seem to want to do everything to impress. For example, I'd wander over to lunch and by the time I came back my villa would have been cleaned, towels replaced, etc. It felt very well organised and attentive.

The food is also excellent and good value. It's genuine home cooking from a lady who really knows what she is doing in the kitchen. I was there for 6 nights and never got sick of it. The lamb tagine with prunes was my favourite. The beers are expensive by international standards (about 6 euros for 330ml), however, if like me you like to sit around the pool and drink lots of bottles!

The location is unusual in that it's a 25 minute drive to the city. Normally I'm the type who wants to be right in the middle of the action. But this is Marrakech. It's completely manic and to be honest I enjoyed being out in the sticks in the peace and quiet. Terra Mia offers a good balance - far enough away to peaceful but close enough to be accessible. I kept meaning to go back into the city but found myself putting it off until tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. Very lazy! But life seemed better by the pool...

Room Tip: Go for the villas if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo