All reviews private pool shuttle service the main house central riad hiring a car busy marrakesh quiet retreat other guests free shuttle min drive breakfast is served every evening hakim villa bustle airport driver
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very nice location and hotel close to Marrakech (20 mn to the city center with free hotel shuttle). Very nice and friendly hotel staff. Nice rooms. Hotelkeepers are also owners and are very helpful for all questions, organisation of excursions. always Perfect for families with young children.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at Riad Terra Mia with our two 7 year old children over Easter for 5 nights; we stayed in one of the villas. The Riad itself is beautiful, clean and peaceful. The main meals we had there were really delicious (tajines and couscous dishes especially)- my best meals in Morocco; the breakfast comprised of yogurt, bread and croissants (or pain au chocolate), pancakes- it did not vary much. One is not allowed to bring food and beverage into the Riad, and perhaps providing some fruit would be a welcome addition. It is worth noting that the pools are not heated, and that the pool in the villa does not have a shallow end-however, they are beautiful and our children used the main pool which has a shallow end ( the water was unseasonably cold-I'm told it is normally warmer at this time of year). Terra Mia is 25 minutes from the Medina and about 30 minutes from the airport. One free return shuttle ride is offered each day- otherwise a taxi one way is approximately 150dr, or 250 dr return- the times of the shuttle rides are negotiable, but were generally offered to to leave at 10.30, 3.30 or 5.30 from the Riad. The staff at the Riad were incredibly helpful; we felt safe and well cared for. Hakim and Omar speak excellent English and were always at hand to answer any queries- they are honest and trustworthy and care passionately about their Riad. Hakim phoned us on our way to the airport to apologise for not being able to see us off himself and say good bye, and to enquire as to whether my wife enjoyed her massage on the last day- a nice touch.

On our way to the airport, our children asked when we could return again- I think they loved the space and freedom to explore - in fact we did not go on any of the excusions which the Riad can organise (incl horse riding/camel riding, trips to Atlas mountains). As any parent knows, if the children are happy...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AngeloLondon
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great place to stay after long days with sightseeing in Marrakesh or elsewhere nearby. Me and my son are very happy we decided to spend our easter vacation at this amazing and beautiful place. The owners did their outmost to meet our needs and help us organise our trips in a safe and good way. We will come back to Terra MIA. We will miss this peaceful place with the nice flowers, olive trees, cactus, bird singing all day round, my morning jogging in the huge garden, the star watshing in the evenings, the beautiull moon and every thing... We love this place. Thank you for making our vacation unforgatable. See you again Terra Mia.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Terra Mia has been one of my best trip in Marrakech for a long time and I would like to say thank you to the amasing people working there.
I particularly appreciated the quick reactions to all our specific requests (my boyfriend is a vegetarian and they kindly adapted the meals to him).
As I am moroccan (living in Amsterdam) I am very demanding in terms of food and I recognize that I was well surprised by the quality of the food (we almost did not go out for dinner).
The quality of the service is very high compared to the low prices applied at Terra mia which is so enjoyable as a lot of places are over priced in Marrakech. It was such a great time that I asked the manager if I could organise my birthday there next summer and we kept in touch for the organisation. I am convinced that they will provide me the best organisation for the event.
I will let you know about that.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Before our trip we called the owner by telephone, to be sure if their's heating in the rooms( it was winter and we had children and a baby with us) They told us that the rooms have airco & heating. But the rooms where freezing cold, the heating was broken. So we took a bath to warm up. But there was NO warm water.. The sun -heating did not work (no sun) and..they started up the other heating to late, that takes hours.. We were very disappointed, we were tired from the flight and very cold.
The food is to expensive, about 4 times more than in the city. Las but not least, in the morning we had to be at 07.00 o'clock at the airport for the return flight. The owner said that he could not bring us! It was 'against their rules' bringing people before 8.00 h. to the airport!!!. What means his rules i guess We had to find a taxi ourselves. But Terra Mia hotel is 40 min. from the center of Marrakech and about 50 minutes from the Airport. In the evening the 'prepared' our breakfast, they preferred to stay in bed of course. We had to heath our (to old) coffee in the kitchen in a microwave. SO..NO MORE TERRA MIA FOR US.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jacoba P
TerramiaKech, Directeur général at Terra Mia Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Madame,

I do confirm you the information about heating in the rooms. Our airco are also working as heating. We switched them on for you that night, I do remember. It took exactly one hour and half for warm water which has been fixed few months ago after a problem with some other guests and we explained you that matter as soon as you arrived before diner. You said that you will deal with that after diner and the water was very hot after that. So as the room.

We never said that our restaurant is not more expensive than the little Jamaa Lfna square restaurants where you can have food for less than 5 euros. We have a staff, a lot of expenses to keep our gardens, riad and villas always nice and clean.

So it is quite hard and very unfair to be able to write this kind of reviews on trip advisor just because I refused to give you two free nights in our riad in exchange of something that you wanted to offer to us: you said you were in Morocco to make a movie and you wanted to have two free nights in exchange of an advertising for our Riad in your movie. I answered that this was not an interesting proposition to us.

So please, I would like to understand how, with such a disappointing experience you decided to come back a week later and also asked for two free nights in such an awful place? It is just for my personal information.

For the taxi, I asked you if you want one and you said that your husband will bring your daughter to the airport and that there was no need to call him. In any hotel in the world, you pay your taxi to get from and to the airport. Here, we offer the shuttle for free for our guests between 8:00 am 10:00 pm. That is written in our protocols in the rooms.

After all the efforts we provide for our guests well being, I think that such reviews are totally unfair. Just write whatever you want because we refused to offer you two free nights, we want people to know our side of the story on trip advisor and we will also ask them if this review can be removed because it is based on a personal disagreement. In fact it basically says: do what I want or I write a bad review. It is exactly that!

By the way, we are exactly 25 minutes from Marrakech and 30 minutes from the airport,you can confirm it on other reviews.

Hakim ESSADIQ - General Manager