Riad Nafis
Riad Amin(Marrakech)
Hotel Narjisse(Marrakech)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsroyal palacerooftop terracenomad roomhighly recommend you eatmint tearequested dinnerkoutoubia minaretthe main squaretagine dinnersafe areatwin roomatlas mountainsmain sitessecond homelight sleeperhome away from homeevery morning
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in this Riad and would most definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Marrakech. The Riad is beautiful, very clean, safe and all the staff were wonderful. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel at home, we were greeted on arrival with pastries and mint tea. We were then given a short and helpful introduction to Marrakech by Rachid. The Riad is in a really convenient location, just a 10 minute walk to Jemaa el Fna square. We would advise you book airport transfers with the Riad as it can be difficult to find first time, the prices are very reasonable. We would definitely stay at Riad Nafis again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jdoyle127
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Sir,
I thank you for your kind review. Rachid and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Nafis. It has been a pure delight having you these few days. Your kindness, your enthusiasm, your interest in Marrakech were much appreciated and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Thank you again for everything you gave us and take good care of both of you.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. It feels like living in a B&B...there are 4-5 rooms and the hospitality of the staff is amazing. The pictures are true, its very clean and the breakfast is delicious. The location is awesome, very close to all attractions and near the Royal Palace, so there are plenty of guards around.
The bed size are European and are a tad bit small if you are from north america. Also, there is no lock on the door but there is a safe in the bathroom.

Room Tip: If you are arriving at night, please ask someone from the Riad to pick you up as it will be hard to find in the dark.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sauanu
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Madam,
I thank you for your kind review, Rachid and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Nafis. We all keep a very warm souvenir of your stay among us. Your extreme kindness will remain in memories for everyone of us. I just would like to mention for information that Riad Nafis provides with 2 types of rooms, the standard rooms equipped with 1 standard double bed (140) and the Junior suites equipped with queen size double bed (160). Thank you so for everything you gave us while at the Riad and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Take a good care of both you.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Me and my friend stayed here February 2014, and we absolutely have no regrets.

While my friends and I are generally budget-hostel seeking types, but I'm North African and know first hand that it pays to go a bit further on the stay chain, for safety, security, and cleanliness. Especially as a woman traveler.

My brother and my dad had been to Morocco the previous summer and stayed at Riad Nafis' sister location in Marrakech, Riad Al Badia. They praised the staff and hospitality, and were excited about the location, in the center of it all. When booking, I lucked out, the other riad was booked but was given a room at Riad Nafis for a very fair price.

Our room was spacious and spotless, the bathroom was beautiful, with plenty of hot water & good pressure (things I often take for granted till I am traveling).

Rachid & Hicham were both great hosts and unbelievably helpful from our bags, recommendations to eat, helping us book our trip into the sahara (desert majesty- if you were wondering, is the way to go!), to just being kind and friendly.

The breakfasts were fresh and delicious (carb/gluten heavy for those of you who are wary of those things), and we sat in for dinner on our last night, which was so filling and absolutely delicious. Great in house chef, Naïma!

The airport pickup provided by the Riad is definitely more than you would pay for in a cab (but you would have to haggle relentlessly with the driver, of course), but was so seamless and easy, especially getting off a long flight or hurrying to get to the airport - I'd highly recommend it.

Oh, and the wifi connection was great, if you're into that sort of thing!

I really would not change a thing about my stay, and am so thankful for such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Standard room is a tub, Junion Suite is a stand up shower
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank mmmaryx
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Madam,
I thank you for your lovely review. Rachid and the all team would like to thank you for staying at Riad Nafis as it has been a pure delight for them to receive you. Your interest for Marrakech, South of Morocco and our cuisine were much appreciated and Naïma is always ready to make you discover our genuine fresh homemade Moroccan Cuisine. Rachid and Hicham keep an pleasant souvenir of your conversations, you will remain in memories and we all hope to be able to receive you again in a not too far future. Thank you again for everything and take good care of both of you.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly atmosphere . Staff were very welcoming and provided excellent hospitality . We were very honoured to have met mr Laurent who gave us excellent advise about places we must see in Marrakech and looked after us in a very good way . Kareema ( one of the girls who work in the hotel ) can do very nice henna tattoo if you are interested .

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Fawkya A

Dear Madam,
I thank you so much for your lovely review. Rachid and the all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay in family at Riad Nafis. It has been a pure delight to meet you and to receive you these few days. Your interest for Marrakech and our cuisine were very much appreciated and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Thank you for everything you gave us and congratulations for your son, he is already a true gentleman. Take good care of the three of you.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

It feels like you are staying with your dear friends or relatives when you are staying at Riad Nafis. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave they take care of everything and create beautiful memories of holiday and time spend there. For these attributes ,I award them six stars as this is exactly what I am looking from my holiday.

I choose Riad Nafis on basis of past reviews for my Marrakech holiday and made booking through Expedia. For my excursions and day trips I then opened a line with them 30 days advance of arrival, all my mails were promptly replied. I also booked a day trip to Atlas Mountain , a guided tour of Marrakech and Dinner on First night with them and it was all arranged without hassle.

As advised earlier by fellow travellers a pick up taxi was booked from the airport ( cost Euro 24). This is a MUST you want to start your holiday peacefully and without stress. We were welcomed with mint Tea, all the directions were provided.The staff (Naïma, Najat, Karima, Hicham, Rachid & Laurent) are excellent, attentive but not intrusive, they did all they could to make us welcome. There are only five rooms, we stayed on the first floor and took two rooms, one with a shower and one with a bath and both were equally good. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and bedding quality is on par with any good 5 star Hotel.

A continental breakfast (Orange Juice ,home made yogurt pastries, Crepe's etc.) is served WITH SMILE on the roof garden, weather permitting or in the Lounge and is of good quality.

The location of Riad has Pros and Cons , on the plus side it is in old city 10 mins walking distance to the all the tourist spots, on the Minus side some travellers expecting a posh location may find the entry walk to it from the main road a bit downmarket. However once you enter the Riad and appreciate the character and the service it makes up more than for that one negative aspect.

One meal at the Riad is recommended to appreciate fine Moroccan cooking and comes at reasonable price. The staff will be happy to provide you recommendations in case you want to venture out.

We would like to Sincerely Thank - Naïma, Najat, Karima, Hicham, Rachid & Laurent for creating beautiful memories for us which will stay with us for the rest of life and whenever we will think of Marrakech we will fondly think of our time spend at Riad Nafis.

I whole heartedly support the earlier statements "If you want to stay in the heart of the Medina and get a real flavour of Marrakech then this is the place to stay".

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MuditaAshteadUK
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Sir,
I thank you ever so much for your lovely review that went straight to our hearts. Rachid join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Nafis, it has been a pure delight to receive you and your family these few days. Your interest for our culture, for Marrakech and around, our cooking, were much appreciated. Your extreme kindness and your smiles to the three of you will remain in memories. We will keep a very elegant souvernir of your stay among us and we all wish you all the best for the nearest future, we all hope it will bring you back to Marrakech. You are home at Riad Nafis, you know this, anytime we will be absolutely please to see you again. Thank you again for having let us know you and your family and for everything you gave us during this stay. Take good care of the three of you.