“Outstanding Hospitality & Food”
Review of Riad Nafis

Riad Nafis
Ranked #151 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights here and it was a great introduction to Marrakesh. The rooms are verr tastefully done and the roof terrace is a great place to relax. We ate out at a couple of so called 'top' restaurants and the Riads food was so much better. Home cooking at its best.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Goose_of_London
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Madam, dear Sir,
I thank you so much for such a lovely review. Rachid and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for these two stays. We all keep a warm souvenir of your family staying at Riad Nafis, and we all hope to be able to receive you again in a not too far future. Naïma will always be pleased to make you discover our home made traditional Moroccan Cuisine ! Thank you for all you gave us and take good care of the four of you.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

When we arrived the staff said we should consider the Riad our house and feel at home! And this is how we felt. Rooms are nicely decorated and clean, pool illuminated at night, roof terrace for the breakfast with a view to the Atlas mountains, 5 minutes walking to the main place Jemaa el fna and the Souks. Area is very safe as it is next to one of the kings palaces with lots of guards. Extremely helpful and friendly staff who simply assist you with all you need. Have them organize the taxi ride from and to the airport as they get a better price than at least we got and also a tour guide maybe for the first day. Ok, the Muezzin wakes you up every morning at 5 a.m. but this is part of the arabic experience you want to have and unavoidable unless you are outside a big city. Beds are more on the hard side but good for your back. I certainly would stay there again and can recommend it.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mibeseev
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Sir,
I thank you for this lovely review. Rachid and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Nafis. Your exteme kindness and your interest in Marrakech and our culture will remain in memories and leave to the team a very warm souvenir. We all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Visiting Morocco is something my girlfriend and I have been looking forward to for a long time, much like many visitors we googled and tripadvis-ed places to stay in Marrakech and we knew there would be good and bad comments but we took a gamble with Riad Nafis because of its great location.

Now that we have returned home, we have to say the Riad was one of the best things that could have happened and it made our trip to Morocco so much more meaningful. The staff were very helpful and made us feel welcome from the first moment we walked in. From a non biased point of view, My girlfriend and I can honestly say there are no flaws in choosing this Riad. The people, the location, the price, is definitely worth visiting.

I think our trip would not have been the same if it hadnt been for Riad Nafis.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable, unique in style and it just feels very relaxing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank toby_w21
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Sir,
I thank you so much for such a touching review. Rachid and his all team join me to express our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Nafis, we keep a fresh souvenir of your stay among us. Your extreme kindness and sensibility were much appreciated . You always can count on the all team to assist and give you keys to understand our culture, so different but fascinating. We all hope to have the pleasure of receiving you again at Riad Nafis, whenever ! Take good care of both of you.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I can't recommend this Riad enough, the building and the people there are wonderful, from the moment we arrived made us feel so welcome and at ease. We had arranged with the Riad for a driver to come and meet us, I definitely suggest doing this, as the riad is a little difficult to find at first, especially if you arriving late at night as we did. The riad can't be reached by car, so our driver stopped at the nearby and lead us right to the door, where we were greeted by Hicham who went to make us mint tea and brought mini pastries, as we relaxed in the salon after our long journey.
Breakfast each morning was tasty pancakes and bread with diffirent flavors of jam , It's a perfect place to relax after fighting your way through the souks, a proper escape and the hospitality was second to none. the manager and his team went out of their way to make our stay amazing and they definitely succeeded

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julet A

Dear Madam,
I thank you for this lovely review. Rachid and his all team join me to thank you for your stay at Riad Nafis, it was a great pleasure having you these few days among us. Hicham will always be pleased to serve you tea at night and Naïma will enjoy cooking moroccan breakfasts and dinners as many time as you require ! We remember your kindness with everyone of us and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Riad Nafis for 3 nights last week. It was perfect for us. A great location for walking around the city and the roof terrace provided a quiet place to wind down and relax. The room was lovely and the staff were very helpful. It's a little tricky to find but if you show the address to one of the locals they will be happy to help you out for a small fee (around 20dh). You can't go wrong with Nafis and at such good value for money stop shopping around and book it before it's too late.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stueyhands
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Sir,
I thank you so much for such a lovely review. It was a pleasure for Rachid and his team to receive you at Riad Nafis. As all riads in our medinas, it seems to be a bit difficult when you arrive, streets seem to be a maze, but when you know you quickly you realize that it is a very easy maze. Once again we can not recommend enough an airport transfer arriving at least with our driver collecting you and taking you to the door of the riad, or as you did, with the locals children. Thank you so much for all you gave us during this stay, this was a nice meeting once again. We all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Riad Nafis feels like home from the first moment you step in as you are welcomed by the super-friendly staff. The owners are very helpful . They seem to treat the place as 'home' and a big family. The three girls are all very nice and wonderful cooks. One of them, Karima, does the beautiful henna tatoos in the convenience of the riad lounge.
The rooms are traditionally decorated without compromising your comfort. The lounge and the terrace are wonderful for eating and chilling.
I also have to mention Hicham, the night guard, who is one of the most friendly people I have ever met in a life time!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Elias-Talbi
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Sir,
I thank you so much for such a lovely review. Rachid and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt thanks for your stay at Riad Nafis, Karima, Hicham, would be pleased to receive you again, anytime, you are home at Riad Nafis, Naïma did appreciate your enthusiasm for the homemade Moroccan Cuisine and Rachid and I keep warm souvenir of our conversations. We definitely hope to see you again in a not too far future, take good care of both of you.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful Riad while spending a long weekend, without the kids, in Marrakech. The service was extraordinary. Rachid and his collegues were helpful in any imaginary way. They gave advice on where to eat or shop and what to see. They even organized a box for the lamp we bought at the souk.
The room was beautiful! An oriental dream! I can't even discribe the wonderful bathroom! You have to see by yourself!

Breakfast was inclusive and you can chosse to have it inside, next to the pool, or on the amazing roof terrace. We were lucky with the weather and had breakfast upstairs every day. Also, this was delicious!

If we ever return to Marrakech, and thats very likely, this Riad is our first choice once more!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NinaKrohn
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Nafis, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Madam, dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for your kind review. We all would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Nafis. Your extreme kindness, your interest for Marrakech and our culture, your enthusiasms and your smiles everyday were greatly appreciated and will remain in memories. We hope to see you again soon. Take good care of both of you.