All reviews zam zam roof terrace atlas mountains berber suite cooking class cookery course relaxing massage tagine pancakes marcus guide hammam medina riad taxi morocco courtyard
Reviewed March 11, 2017

Emma at Camp Adounia organised a trip for us to visit the Atlas Mountains, Sahara Desert (Camp Adounia) and a room at Riad ZamZam in between. We had the most wonderful time and we didn't have to think at all - all of the hassle of arranging travel, when to go and where to eat was taken out of our hands (gladly) and all of it was amazing.

The Riad is beautiful, the staff are incredibly friendly, the food is divine and the view from the roof top is spectacular. I cannot say enough good things about the Riad. We stayed in the palm suite; a huge room plenty of space, a large king size bed and a marble bathroom. Every morning we had breakfast on the roof terrace with french bread, fresh jams, fruit, pancakes and omelettes under the rising sun. It was a real treat.

The camp was equally as comfortable, a large bed with soft pillows and attached bathroom with hot water to shower with. The stars at night were amazing and the food was some of the best we had during out stay. It was a long long long way away from Marrakech, but the drive was beautiful.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

Faizel is one of the best reasons for staying at the Zam Zam. After a hectic day of travel Faizel met us just inside the walled Medina. He led us through the winding streets that would soon become a familiar path to the Souks. He insisted on taking my luggage and delivered us to our beautifully exotic home away from home - tucked deep into the ally ways. High ceilings, dappled lighting, candles, beer and wine on the roof top deck served by the one and only Faizel make the ZamZam a favorite!!

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed March 4, 2017

We stayed in the Rose suite, with our 8 year old daughter and our 11 month old daughter in February for four nights. From the moment we walked through the front door we were greeted with a warm welcome, and nothing was too much trouble. The staff were always happy and attentive, they went over and above to deliver a fantastic service and make our holiday special. The riad location was perfect for us, we wanted to be within walking distance of the main strip, but not too close that noise was a problem and this was perfect. Marrakesh is a bit of a maze and we were provided with a guide in and out of the main strip for the first day, after that we enjoyed walking everywhere on our own and on foot. Food at the riad was terrific. The lunch we ordered on arrival far exceeded our expectations - it was wow food, simple, traditional and delicious. The breakfasts were fantastic too. The cookery course was brilliant, we even got to go to the market with two members of staff to experience choosing and buying the food for our course. Our eight year old daughter was taken under the wing of the very lovely chef and made her holiday so much more authentic and special. The food we cooked (lamb tagines) were the best we ate all holiday and we ate three, all very nice. The hammam we experienced (one at a time as we took turns looking after the children) was absolutely fantastic, I have never felt so refreshed, clean, polished, etc! I felt like a new woman - do not miss the opportunity to have the in house hamman. The riad itself is very clean and the bed in our suite (the rose suite) was extremely comfortable. I can't thank the staff enough for making our trip to Marrakesh so fantastic. They were great with the children and nothing was too much trouble (usually an issue with a baby but not here). Finally, eat your breakfast on the terrace, it is a fabulous experience If we came back to Marrakesh we would 100 percent rebook here.

Room Tip: The Rose suite was lovely
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2017

This was a real oasis in the north of the medina. Beautifully decorated throughout. Staff were absolutely wonderful and helped with all our needs. The food was also delicious with a fantastic breakfast every morning (on the roof terrace weather permitting) and our lunch on arrival was excellent. We would highly recommend anyone to stay in this beautiful place. The interiors were also decorated exquisitely all with ensuite bathrooms.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

Traveling alone, but don't want to feel lonely? Or even wanting a romantic getaway? Zam Zam is the answer. Yes yes yes!!! I wouldn't change a thing about this Riad. The breakfast is yummy, the beds are very comfortable, the entire hotel is VERY clean & the staff make you feel like you're family. I spent 4 nights here & I wish I could have stayed longer! I think I was more sad about leaving Zam Zam & the staff than I was to leave Morocco.

Oh & by far the highlight of my unforgettable experience was the traditional cooking class.. it's a MUST! Without a doubt.

If you're even questioning Zam Zam, just do it. You won't regret it. :-)!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo