“Doubt you will get better vegetarian in Marrakech. Excellent.”

Earth Cafe Marrakech
Ranked #119 of 1,007 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed August 16, 2017

One of our party does not eat meat, so eating here was a night off having another Vegetarian Tagine! For the rest of us, no meat did not matter. The meals were all very tasty, and good helpings. The juices are fantastic. Well worth a visit, even if you are a meat eater.

And fantastic value for money.

1  Thank Neil C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

My vegan daughter arrived in Marrakech and I had ear marked this restaurant for our first lunch. We found it easily and were not disappointed. The menu is not extensive but has something for everyone. I had vegetarian filo pastry stuffed with pumpkin and goats cheese. My daughter had the noodles. Both dishes were amazing. The juice range was extensive and freshly blended and the mint tea really fresh. The staff were lovely and the price was fabulous too.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

Inspired by good ratings here, we hunted this place out. I can't advise anyone else strongly enough to eat elsewhere! The place was dirty; of the menu of 9 items, at least 3 had run out (it was only early evening); the food when it arrived was almost inedible; and the bill was high. Veggie burgers were round - but otherwise bore no resemblance to burgers and looked and tasted more like rice based mush. Chips were not on the menu - but cost around 50% more than other comparable cafes in the city. Other main courses were stodgy, poorly put together, and although large so tasteless that no one wanted to finish them. The bill was as high or higher than other cafes which offer good vegetarian and vegan options. Whether something has changed recently, I don't know, but I would suggest staying well away.

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

I read the reviews here and expected something special honestly the food was bland, the vegan/vegetarian options were limited. It isn't the best vegetarian restaurant in Marrakech! The service was so so and they didn't even have change to give back. I wouldn't recommend it

Reviewed July 30, 2017

Without a doubt, my lunchtime meal at Earth Café in Marrakech was one of the best I had in Morocco. As a vegetarian, it is often difficult to find suitable food options in places with whose foodways I am unfamiliar, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover this completely meat-free restaurant at the center of the Marrakech medina. My friend and I enjoyed excellent beetroot and cucumber juices, and we absolutely adored the filo pastry filled with pumpkin spinach and the decadent pumpkin-carrot spring rolls. Both dishes were seasoned to perfection with traditional Moroccan spices and were by no means small. In fact, it would have been difficult to eat more by the time we finished our respective meals. I was beyond satisfied.

I also loved the restaurant itself. Situated in what must be a structure of considerable antiquity, Earth Café has three floors and a lovely terrace, where my friend and I sat in the shade. The colors of its walls and simple décor reflect the varied colors of its sumptuous dishes. Ultimately, Earth Café is a testament to the fact that it is possible to craft delicious, sophisticated meals without meat. That I could enjoy such meals in Morocco, whose foodways place such a heavy emphasis on lamb, beef, and chicken, was a revelation. For those who eat meat and those who do not, I recommend Earth Café without hesitation. It is spectacular.