All reviews airport shuttle minute walk perfect location old city souks bedding culture
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with colleagues on a weekend excursion to Marrakech. This riad was recommended by our tour coordinator and they booked the rooms. Upon arriving it was determined that there was an error in our reservation and after being friendly the conversation became less so despite our attempts to calmly resolve the issue.

The ratings didn't fully equate to what we experienced or expected. We weren't given keys and instead and to ring the doorbell when we came back. My room was right above the door (second floor) and all evening I was disturbed by others returning back from their evenings (I'm sure they didn't mean to be noisy). Towels were worn and didn't seem clean.

Rates were reasonable. Breakfast was a typical Moroccan breakfast and good. This just wasn't at all what I expected - likely more suitable for travellers on a budget or those used to hostels.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank _elaine_jsm_
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Dar Al Hamra Riad two different times in the month on May, since we used it as a base location during our trip in Morocco. Besides the excellent location and big rooms, the people who manage the Riad are extremely nice. I can say we became friends with Nabil and Ibrahim! They are very welcoming, helpful and are also open to a good talk. The Riad is very charming and clean, by the way. If you are looking for a nice place to rest with a good price in Marrakech, I definitely recommend Dar Al Hamra.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank MarceloD3701
Reviewed April 4, 2017

This really was perfect Riad

Location is only 10 min walk to souks and several of the top restaurants.
and going the other way, 5min and you are outside the Medina.
Recommendation : Take airport transfer on arrival. $15 Euro

Riad is on quiet side street. Very clean. Staff always helpful and friendly. Breakfast is typical juice, breads and coffee\tea. a hard boiled egg would be nice addition.

What was really of value for my stay and makes this 5 star was the helpful advice.
You feel that they are truly looking out for your best interests. I took a day trip to
Essasouira and a 3 day 2 night trip including the desert camel overnight camp.
That was definitely the highlight. They customized the trip for me by dropping me off in Fez rather than having to return to Marrakesh - from there you can use their excellent
train system to make your own way back.

They also have a Riad in Fez so that too can be looked after for you
and it is just as nice and well run as Dar Al Hamra.

This is really one stop shopping for first timers, as I was.
They will point you in right direction so it was a lucky find for me.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank 247russs
Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

Quiet, peaceful, helpful, snug.
The folk here are berbers who travel from city to city and 'rotate' as far as I can work out, when managing this place. They also have links with a nearby restaurant, which is both inexpensive and very good.
We stayed for two nights and it is well located. Far enough from the action to be quiet, but near enough so that you can walk to the Djemaa within about 5 minutes. Also about 10 minutes from all the souks.
Would definitely stay here again, without a second thought. Relatively cheap for Marrakech, it's a real find.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2017

We stayed here for a couple of nights having booked via a travel website. When we arrived they realised we had booked for January instead of December by mistake. However they did have one room free they said.
They then told us that the price had gone up the day before and now the cost was 600 dams per night ( approx. £60 plus taxes and breakfast at 5 euros a night). We were too tired to argue. The room was windowless on the ground floor next to where the staff slept. The shower filled up with water and did not drain. When we walked to the main square the dark street was full of mopeds and cars and we felt that this wasn't the experience we were after. All in all we did not enjoy our stay here and would stay somewhere else in future. It is not good to start your holiday feeling you have been taken to the cleaners for a small dark room. £60 was far too much. Breakfast was ok. Staff smiled a lot but everyone in Morocco smiles as they put the prices up.....

Date of stay: December 2016