Riad Dar Nael
  • Pool
Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$55
$439
Cancelon
All reviewsmapanasmoroccomedinariadpharmacy
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Very hard to find and unsafe for two ladies. Dirty as well. We were happy to have some people we know in marrakech so we could stay there. It is not nearby the Ben Youssef as well. It is in the ghetto of marakech.

1  Thank nsmitz
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have found an offer for 24 euros the night (breakfast included), and we could not ask any better for the price. The place is in typical Moroccan style, clean and nice and staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms have AC/heating as well (keep in mind that Riads do get chilly in the cold season).
Remember that like in many Riads the bathroom is not separated from the room, so you have to make sure that you have a good level of intimacy with your travel buddy.
Location: it is not so difficult to find the Riad, and it is not at all in a dangerous place! You are able to reach it also when the doors of the souk close, the map that the Riad gives you upon arrival is very useful.
I did not give full score for a minor point: even though the lady was very helpful and gave us breakfast before usual time, we received cold Moroccan pancakes that were obviously from the day before. I believe that is because we left too early though and not because breakfast is bad... But again, for the price is totally irrelevant and in Marrakech you can get wonderful bread and pastries for a ridiculous price.
The Riad offers different excursions and tours as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Baskettara
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Riad Dar Nael was a great place to stay for our trip to Marrakech. Our room was nice, very clean and beds were made up every day with new towels in the bathroom everyday too. Staff at the riad were great, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine, fresh coffee, orange juice and a selection of breads and pancakes served every morning. Free Wi-Fi was available throughout the riad too. After reading some other reviews I was a little worried about the location of the riad, so we arranged to be picked up at the airport, which I would definitely recommend doing, was well worth the €15 charge. When at the riad we were given a little map to help us find our way around, and after we’d made the walk from the riad to the Jamaa el Fna square once, we had no problem finding our way about.

I've visited Marrakech a few times now, and whilst not the most luxurious Riad I've stayed at, Riad Dar Nael offered all that I needed, it was clean and the staff were very friendly. I'd be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dogmax_1
Reviewed February 24, 2013

this riad was in a great location, just north of the souks. Seems much nicer than the places I saw on the Djemaa el Fna side of town. A very short walk to the Marakesh Museum, Madersa and markets. Taxi stand close by as well. I admit that finding it the first time is tricky, but you learn the way fast with the help of their map and just asking the kids on the street in the neighborhood. I felt perfectly safe the whole time. No problem with speaking English. The room I was in had a partition to separate the bathroom but no door for complete privacy so if that bothers you, check the other rooms. I foud it utterly charming in terms of decor and service. When we had dinner there, they decorated the table in the most romantic way. I wouldn't hesitte to recomment to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Betsy J
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The cityadvisor app point me there feature didn't bring us to the location, instead we were forced to be helped by opportunistic youngsters in the streets who coherced us to pay them 100dirhams for showing the way. No problem with the riad, it's just situated in a terrible location. Dark alleys, i felt not safe walking back to hotel at night. The rooms may need some upgrading. (Even with the map given by hotel, it's difficult to find)