“What a pleasant change from Tajines”
Review of Katsura

Katsura
Ranked #53 of 943 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was visiting Marrakech with a Moroccan-born friend and had two weeks of tajines so, finding myself on my own for an evening, I looked around Gueliz, the modern part of Marrakech, and came across Katsura. It serves Thai and Japanese cuisine and though I am no expert on either, I thought my Thai meal was really delicious. The restaurant is Japanese modern in style and divided into smoking and non-smoking. Inevitably the non-smoking is relatively small. There is a selection of Oriental beers as well as wine etc. The waiters, who both spoke English, were beyond charming.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place as we eat a lot of sushi back in birmingham, Eng. The decor is very modern japanese style, and the food was great! We had a board full of veggie sushi, rice and noodles between us and it was all lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful, and as we left, the doorman called us a petit taxi over so we could go home comfortably for a very good price. This is definitely a place we won't forget, as this is where my boyfriend proposed to me under candle light!!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

As lovers of Thai food we decided to give this one a try and were not disappointed.
Cosy cafe style restaurant, food excellent ,wine was good too! reasonable prices.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited with friends in December. The restaurant is a lot more casual than expected and the waiters were not very good at speaking English. However, the excellent sushi and noodles made up for this.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having worked in Marrakech for several weeks Katsura was recommended to me during my last week. This is a great shame as undoubtedly I would have been a regular here.
A modern venue and quite small the Katsura serves an excellent range of Japanese and Thai food. Prices are good and beer costs 28dh for a bottle of flag special.
I tried the lamb massaman curry which was very tasty and on another occasion tried the Pad Thai which again was very good.
It was nice to have a bit of spicy food. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Ajb1207