WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #110 of 1,186 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is pure bliss. Peace and quiet with just the birds singing. Amazing room; modern, clean, double bath made in marble, private terrace. 15 minutes from madness of the medina and the hotel provides a free shuttle throughout the day. Restaurant does good food although menu ever so slightly limited. If relaxation is required then this is most definetly the place. Loved every second

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a 5 night stay here, and I can definitely say that this is the most luxurious and romantic hotel I have ever stayed in. All of the pictures on the website do not even come close to how showing how beautiful this hotel really is!
We stayed in the Afghan suite which was absolutely huge and the view was amazing out of our window, and the pool outside was hardly ever in use so it was like having a private area.
On arrival we were welcomed with a cup of delicious mint tea and a morrocan pastry, and were given a tour of the hotel and all of its amenities, then we were shown to our room way before the allocated check in time.
I have never been so relaxed in a hotel, and once you have been into the walls of the old city and all the madness of the souks and hassling, this is exactly what you need.
The staff could not help enough and were always more than happy to help with any request no matter how big or small, and a special thanks to the management who were the most friendly people ever!
The free shuttle service to the medina that Dar Sabra offer is so helpful and will save you getting taxis, which would probably cost thousands of dirhams over a stay.
The whole hotel just makes you feel like you are genuinely at home as there is hardly ever anyone around to disturb you, and the whole architecture and beauty of the place is breathtaking.
We also ate in the restaurant twice, and the food is out of this world. I have never eaten in a michelin starred restaurant but I would rate this as the most delicious food I have ever eaten, especially the thai beef salad.
Overall there is not a single thing I can think of that the staff and hotel does not have to offer you, and you will not be dissapointed with this paradise at all!

1 Thank ShaunADS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I just wanted to say we had a brillant time the Dar Sabra!! Amazing hotel and very nice staff!!! A special thanks to the Denise, Hassan and Kahlid who made are stay even more amazing!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adrien C, Manager at Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Mr. Raj,

The Dar Sabra team and myself do really appreciate your review and we are grateful to know that you have had an amazing stay with us.
We truly hope to see you again in the future and we will make sure the next time is even better than the first time.
My best wishes to you.
Denise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a beautiful place, very nicely designed in a modern contemporary style. It's really relaxing, the staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, and the suite was amazing and spotless. The only thing to be aware of for visitors is that it is about 15 mins by taxi from the Medina. Fnally, the price we got was extremely good value to other places we saw around Marrakech.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 851trotter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

We travelled 3 females - my mother, my sister and I (so no children!). We had the most wonderful stay here and gasped when we arrived - even more amazing in real life than the photos. Needed to escape our busy lives in London and the hotel was so relaxing with its 4 pools and spa. We spent a whole day by the pool when we arrived and we were almost the only people there. Was nice with different areas to explore - we stayed in the Afghan suite which was perfect and overlooked what felt like our own private pool - I never saw anyone else in it. There are lots of different seating areas indoors which are nice to read in or play games in the evening but, again, never saw anyone else using them! Had a hammam and body scrub which was nice but just like lying in a sauna so nothing special but relaxing all the same, and the massages were amazing - definitely make the most of it.

Reception staff are very helpful but it helps if you speak a bit of French to communicate fully. Staff by the pool and in the restaurant couldn't do enough to help and literally ran to the kitchens to get your food etc. and the barman bought our drinks all the way from the bar to our room. Breakfast was delicious; fresh melon, orange juice yogurt, authentic pastries and pancake type things and eggs/bacon made how you like. Hotel was always immaculate and there were always gardeners picking leaves off the grass and they then set out the lanterns by the pool which made it look stunning.

Shuttle bus into town ran about every hour and a half and you sign your room number on a sheet in reception to book your place on it. This was a great service and saved huge amounts of money travelling to and from the town in taxis (it took about 15 minutes). I'd recommend booking a taxi from the hotel before you go and confirm it - there was slight lack of communication on their part and we had to wait about 45 minutes for the driver to arrive.

Would 100% recommend it to anyone who fancies a relaxing time - it was mainly couples and would be lovely for a honeymoon. Being in the palm groves, a bit further out of town was a positive because you can escape the hype of the town whenever you want and return to the luxury of the hotel. Although I always think it's a shame to travel back to the same hotel we all agreed we'd love to return to Dar Sabra.

Room Tip: All very different. Afghan and Indian suites are more isolated with their own pool - both amazing, w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Fran310
Goring
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

This place wont disappoint. I've seen some comments saying it's not a 5 star hotel. Well, no, it's better than that. Spending much of my working life travelling and checking into the usual 5 star Big Names, I can say that this does tick a lot of the boxes you'll be expecting it to tick. But it's beyond an hotel; Dar Sabre describes itself as one of the best houses in the World, and really that's key to understanding what the place is about. The best way to describe staying here is this; imagine you're related to the Gettys, and your art-obsessed, Uncle Getty invites you to stay at his private villa outside Marrakech. Just you and a handful of other guests.

So even when the place is full, because it's set in 2 hectares of land dotted with contemporary art, it has the most wonderful feeling of easy, chilled-out spaciousness. Although there's plenty of staff discreetly looking after everyone, you feel like it's all yours. And you've your pick of the 5 pristine pools to choose from. The only thing that interupts this is the wind swaying through the palms, and the distant bird song. After a couple of days, and the odd hammam thrown in, you couldn't be more relaxed. I don't know about you, but I've not achieved this at the average 5 star haunts!

We've been here for four days now, and Hassan, Denise and the team have really delivered. I'm aware of other comments saying that without speaking French, you may find service slow. Such comments must have been picked up on, because service has been fast, friendly and attentive.

Breakfasts have been excellent, and having eaten lunch and dinner at Dar Sabra frequently, I can say all were of a high standard, and better value/quality than the riads in town.

This is my second trip to Marrakech this year. The first time I listened to everyone who says you must stay in the Medina. I enjoyed the Medina, but my advice would be stay outside if you want breathing-space from tbe noise, dust and chaos. Dar Sabra's been perfect in that respect. The complimentary shuttles run back and forth regularly and, again contrary to other reviews, we had no over-booking, so I can conclude that this service has improved too.

Really, I can't fault the place. My free wireless connection back to the office did drop once or twice, but I feel better for that! Would I reccomend the place? Would I come back? Yes, in a heart-beat.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank garethrice
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We are currently staying here. The hotel is quite unique and very pleasant . Even though it appears quite full you don't feel overcrowded. The staff are very helpful, if a little slow at attending to your requests. Although they have bar with all the normal drunks, it is manned by the waiter who works in the restaurant on the opposite side of the pool,obscured by trees so it has taken some time for him to notice we are here. That said he has made us feel welcome and we will be looked after. The average short is about £5 plus and a bottle of wine can be anywhere from £13-£22 the prices I feel are on par for back home and alcohol is probably more expensive as you might expect being in a Muslim country. However they do brew their own beer called Casablanca. Really nice had a massage today . The best one I have ever had .well recommended. Overall they lack the professional touch and because of that I would not call it 5 star hotel But still a great place to come to relax

• Stayed May 2012