Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa
  • Pool
Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$55
$307
$452
HotelsClick
1,192 results
All reviewsminute walkswimming pool ishotel is situatedmint teajemaa elrooftop terracepancakesatlas mountainsthe hustle and bustledelarosahammamtaximedinajacuzzimoroccosquareporter
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a reasonably conveniently located hotel (5 minutes from the Medina) thought the taxi drivers don't know it. It's clean and our room (a suite) was perfectly fine, although the shower/bath arrangement was a little eccentric.
Desk staff were helpful and informative.
The restaurant is a little lacking in charm for an evening meal and the buffet breakfast is somewhat chaotic - it seemed that something had always run out - either one of the hot dishes, or the hot water, but there's plenty of nice bread available.
The bar is OK, but always had the TV playing, which spoils the ambience somewhat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peter m
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business event because of the non importance of luxury as I would only spend the night there.
In the webpage its very nice presented. Knowing that cheaper hotel can't offer the same service and amenities I didn't expect a wow experience but a fair one.
Unfortunately when I entered the room it was very badly cleaned and I went to the reception and asked politely to clean the dirt of the former guest.
When I went back 1 hour later nothing was cleaned.(fingerprints everywhere, on shower, sticky floor, used bodylotion, long black hairs, ugly flies came up the hole of the sink.). I didn't want to bother more as I was busy for the event. Service was ok, frontdesk was very passive. I wasn't motivated to try the Hammam thinking it won't be very hygienic. Short summary: This hotel was simply disappointing. Maybe I just had bad luck and got the worst room. Sorry I can't recommend the hotel and I hope it was an exception.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EntreCielosMendoza
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel back in July this year. I picked this hotel based on location and pictures of their rooms and hotel. Sadly I was very disappointed with several things at the hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly and location is a nice change from staying in the Medina but the poor design of the hotel and the standard of food was a let down. The pool is tiny, located on the ground floor it is unfortunately overshadowed by the building so in the shade constantly. After staying in riads with wonderful compact roof top pools I found this very disappointing. The breakfast selection was poor and repeated every day. I was advised that there was no mint tea available at breakfast! Roof top terrace was almost unbearable - no towels provided, no staff to serve drinks at the bar and metal beach chairs that were piping hot to touch. Needless to say I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

He stayed at Dellarosa during August. This was a family trip and we had a family suite.
Overall, it was a great experience. Our rooms were very clean, the bathrooms were in great condition, and the staff were very nice. We also took a trip to Agadir, and the staff kept our luggage while we checked out for a few days. The hotel is conveniently located, between the old and new Marrakesh.
The only downside , the breakfast was not that good, but it was free :-). It was plenty of food, but the quality was not all that.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The room we were then assigned was definitely not up to standard for any hotel, let alone a 4-star one.

The wall fixtures were coming off when we were unplugging our devices being very dangerous, and potentially life threatening. On top of the bed there is a lampshade with no bulb in it. Also potentially dangerous especially for kids. Also other fixtures, like where the toilet water supply is attached to the wall is a raw hole, with no covers.

The rooms are simply dark, and the light is not enough as they hardly light up. When we switched them all on, we could even notice some spiderwebs casting shades over the corners.

The room we were in was pretty noisy. When our neighbours switched their AC on we were woken up by the unit's noise.

Wifi in the room was simply inexistant and when we complained we were told that we were the first ever to complain about it and that a technician will look into it. No one ever did. The problem was with iPhone, Nexus 7, and Windows 8 laptop - do definitely not hardware from our side.

The breakfast was also not quite up to standard - the pancakes were "hard". The juice machine not dispensing in 2 out of 2 times we had breakfast there. When we complained about it nothing happened, and we only got a smirk.

The pool is definitely too small for the size of the hotel and there are only a handful of sundeck chairs available.

Room service is practically inexistant. There is no menu and when we called we were sent a waiter who was waiting on the spot for an order after seeking the menu for two seconds. He also seemed quite interested in looking at my partner (covered) in bed, then in trying to understand what I was saying, i.e. to leave the menu and then we call. He said he could not leave the menu!

Also it of our opinion that the hotel is part of a touring scam - where we took a tour with all inclusive, and we specifically asked if a tour guide was included. When we arrived at the location, we had to pay extra for the tour. When we brought this up with the same receptionist she strongly denied she said it was included, but others also had been specifically told it was. Looking up online - this appears to be a common 'problem'.

I was very happy to leave the hotel. In all my travels I have been to better hostels! I would never spend a night here, not even for free. There are many other options in Marrakech - go for riads, the one we were in would be 8-star compared to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't chose any room in any part of this hotel. Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple