Stayed for 7 nights at the Dellarosa on our recent holiday to Marrakech. Was pleased with the room (a suite) and the location is fairly good - within easy walking distance of the new and old towns.
The room was well cleaned during our stay.
We had a problem with the patio door not locking, giving access to anyone else sharing our terrace. We reported this and was told someone would be up to fix it - this never happened and remained a problem during our stay. Have noticed that previous reviews mention this problem so presume its the same issue they are not bothering to fix. Also, the motion sensitive lights on our corridor were not always effective and had to walk down a section of corridor in the dark - we were quite near the door but for others this would have been a longer walk.
Breakfast was poor to average - usual selections of breads, pastries, cakes, cheeses etc but all of variable quality. On the Friday we stayed the breakfast was excellent - much fresher and more choice, the next day it was terrible with the toaster not plugged in and no milk for a coffee (and this was at the very start of the service). Had one meal in the restaurant and the Moroccan dish my husband chose was good, I chose a French dish and it was tasteless.
One of the main problems we found was their rule on that they do not allow food or drink to be brought in from elsewhere. While I can fully understand this in respect to takeaways etc this also applies to bottled water! One day while we had been out and about in 43 degree heat we bought some water which we still had with us on our return. The security guard actually stopped us and called a manager over who I thought was going to confiscate it - we had a few words over it and they "allowed" us to keep it on this occasion!! This is obviously a ploy to make you buy the water they sell (at 3x the cost of local shops) - whilst their prices are not expensive, when you are buying 3-4 litres a day per couple this can mount up. Also, if its 43 degrees outside I will buy water wherever I choose!! Have been in lots of hotels all over the place and have never had this rule before and hated the fact that we were being treated like this by the hotel. Really couldn't believe their attitude towards us - we had been there several days and spent a fair bit of money in their restaurant and bar yet they were planning to take some bottled water off us!!
The bar area is gloomy and underused - you have to break staff members away from their cigarette breaks to order a drink at times. The pool isn't very large or private (overlooked by the lobby, bar and gift shop!). The roof terrace could also be so much more - there is a place for a bar so why they don't sell drinks up here in the searing heat is beyond me - would have used this area more if we could have easily got refreshments.
On leaving the reception didn't even ask us how our stay was and was simply handed our final bill. Overall the holiday was cheap and you do get what you pay for. If you are happy to be a in a miserable hotel where you feel a burden to staff then definitely stay here. If I was returning to Marrakech I would definitely opt for somewhere else that would hopefully have much better customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The dellarosa is located in the heart of the city, close to the shopping area and only five minutes walk from the ancient walls, the famous main square Jemma El Fna and the bustling souks. Blending the renowned Moroccan hospitality with international design and comfort,this luxury hotel is a haven in the city centre, the perfect residence to fully enjoy the Red City assets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsClick and Hotwire so you can book your Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa Hotel Marrakech
- Dellarosa Hotel Suites And Spa