“very nice stay with my cousin,clean modern and great location”

Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa
Ranked #27 of 280 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Fuengirola, Spain
“very nice stay with my cousin,clean modern and great location”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

we were looking for a hotel in Marrakech we searched for somewhere quiet, clean, modern and private .The receptionist was courteous,They all speak English & French. I appreciated the mint tea to drink and pastry at thecheck-in.

The location of the hotel is about 20 minutes walk to souks and same time to the new town/shopping area). There is a shop nearby and while the hotel has snacks and drinks for sale in reception, they're expensive so don't forget to bring food/drink back with you if you want it for your room.

We slept really well each night - the hotel was quiet . The room was nice and warm. The rooms were cleaned each day

The was comfortable, TV and dvd reader ( tip : you can by dvd's at 1 euro ), safe, free wifi,

The breakfast was great, Moroccan pancakes & honey, jams, yoghurts, teas,

Overall I appreciated this hotel ,we met with my cousin and we had what we wanted. It is a stylish hotel with affordable price. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the dellarosa in mid-january and the best part of the hotel was its location - just a 15-20 minute walk to the souks. The room was clean and modern with a balcony overlooking the swiming pool.

The room had hair dryer, TV with a iinternational English-speaking channels, DVD player,coffee expresso machine , etc. It also had a minibar and room service .it was clean and it is the most important for me.
We ate at the restaurant our first night, and the food was excellent.
The breakfast was varied, including an scrambled eggs.
The staff were helpfull, and we really appreciated their help for several proposals of excursions.
the spa was good and we appreciated the live smooth music in the lounge bar after a noisy day in the souks.
we recommend this hotel.we were not disapointed ,it is what it shows on its site

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A nice hotel.Rooms, as mentioned are very clean and the space well used
The breakfast was really good. We stayed here for 7 days .
Everything was kept topped up during the entire breakfast period and the coffee was ok but ask for an expresso if you are a coffee fan. Staff are very helpful.
The pool area is clean and there seems not to be enough space for all rooms at this hotel. T
Its only a 20 min walk to the main market square and there are lots of places to eat around. We loved it.

Room Tip: Pay taxis to the airport arond 100dirhams ,if they ask more use the hotel shuttle at 150 dh ,clean...
1 Thank maria r
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

at our arrival at the hotel , we have appreciated being welcomed with tea and moroccan pastries.the staff is quiet nice and very helpfull for directions.
Itineraries are easy from the hotel to the souks or the new city center.Rooms are clean.
We would like to thank especially Zoubida for all her atenttions during our week stay there.
the architecture of the hotel is very mnice combining modern andtraditional.
looking forward to see you at my next stay and will recomend it to my friends.

alabama
Reviewed January 27, 2013

There were many things wrong with our stay. the first room I was given had a dirty duvet, conveniently covered up by the towel artistically displayed on the bed. The heating unit did not work. shortly before I was due to meet my group for dinner, the music in the bar began. It was quite loud in my room. I went down to the desk to ask to be moved. One of the women attempted to help me, but her coworker butted in and basically had the attitude that it was it was too bad and she wasn't going to do anything for me. Fortunately for them, my tour leader offered to switch rooms with me. however the heat is not possible to be regulated- it was very hot in that room. I was told that someone would help me with my stuff for the change but no one did. My friend's room had a terrace but the door did not lock to the outside. They were given slippers and robes but I wasn't. Another friend had bugs in her room. The shower is so poorly designed that the floor and the sink was soaked. There was hair in the sink after the room was supposed to be cleaned. I had to ask for more towels because the ones they left stunk. There is a coffee maker in the room but no coffee. I had breakfast early one morning and saw all the staff having their breakfast off the buffet at that time- which is an issue when the y have run out of food for the guests later. When we checked out the next day and were waiting for the shuttle, the guy at the desk was rude. They also told us one price and our friends a different price for the same service.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed at the Dellarosa for 4 nights mid December. First impressions were good - really liked the area and the hotel looked very "boutiquey". We were not allowed to check in til 1pm, so we went up to the roof top terrace and had a drink. The view over Marrakesh and the Atlas Mountains were lovely and there were tables, chairs and sunloungers out which was nice. The bar was however, expensive!! We were upgraded to a "minisuite" which had a large bed, covered in fresh rose petals and a balcony, again with a view of the Atlas Mountains. The ensuite had fresh rose petals scattered around which was a lovely touch too! We had a mini-bar in the room (which for some reason was locked, and it took two days for someone to open it for us to keep our water cold!!!) Flat screen tv, and strangly, a coffee machine with one cup!!! The room was spotless and after the 2nd day, slippers appeared too!!! I must say, I was a little surprised by the traffic noise, but I took earplugs and that solved the problem!!!The staff were usually very nice, but a little disorganised! We had dinner, bed and breakfast, but the dinner was truly awful!!! It was really cheap food, very small portions and in fact we only ate there once!!! They need to sort it out!!! Breakfast was lacking - no fruit (I had to ask for an orange!!!!), and mostly cakes, but there was scrambled egg and bread, so we mainly ate that. Service at breakfast was really poor too - one day we were five minutes over the "closing" time and got chucked out!!!! There is also a spa in the hotel and we both tried a traditional Hamman with massage after which was actually quite good value compared to most. Also, if you want to change money at the hotel, they gave very good rates, so change it there. I liked the fact that it was a little out of the main centre, but not in the newly build up area. We could walk to the YSL gardens from the hotel and also to the local supermarket. There was a little shop next door too, for water etc. It was very cheap to get a taxi into town (20-30 dr), but negotiate ALWAYS!!!! It's more expensive to get a taxi at night. The centre of Marrakesh is amazing - alive with all sorts of snake charmers, singers, musicians, dancers etc etc etc - be warned - they want money if you take a photo. At night the square transforms into an amazing eating place and the food is very good and cheap - try it!!! A walk down the souks is a "must" and there is actually so much to do, but we found it enough after 4 days!!! We also found a lovely roof top restaurant, opposite the Saadian Tombs, called the "Kasbah Cafe", fantastic food and service and beautiful views -in fact we ate there twice we liked it so much. All-in-all, the hotel was very good, not 5 star by anymeans, and if they sort the evening meals out, it would be a much better experience!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, they are nicer and with a good view of the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ruhappi
Dellarosam, Propriétaire at Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you again for your writing your last comments about Dellarosa and Spa in Marrakech .My self and my team are very proud your stay was success full and such enjoyable .That is exactly what makes our daily job enjoyable when our guest feel comfortable with our product and the service we deliver .
Please note The Dellarosa and Spa is 4 Star ( not 5 ) .
We stay at your disposal in order to organize your next trip in Marrakech
Sincerely

Adnane Benabdallah
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The reception and service was excellent with polite and helpful staff. The double suite was comfortable, spacious and clean. The location is excellent for exploring the Medina and souks on foot.
There was some ambiguity over the sign stating rules regarding "no food or drink to be brought in to the hotel".....because the suite had a kitchenette with cooking facilities but no plates or cutlery! ...... we did not persue this because we were happy to eat out and had already complained about the fact that we could only get BBC world news on our television despite the advertised cable TV!
The breakfast was acceptable but we had better in a cheaper hotel.
Also we were dismayed to be told on our arrival from the airport, that they did not have a room for us despite the booking from months previously which they had full knowledge of. We were taken to another hotel,a 5/6 minutes drive away which was (according to the hotel's own advertised rates) cheaper than the Delerosa. This unfortunately led to a rather sleepless night because we had booked a "Treking company" to pick us up from the Delerosa a day later and were not sure if we were going to be there!
Ultimately we were collected the next morning promptly and looked after very well in the Delerosa.

Room Tip: Ask about bringing your own food and drink into a suite that has a kitchenette if you want to use it...
1 Thank ramblingplomer