WINNER WONDERLAND

“Cheap and cheerful, you get what you pay for.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa

Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa
Ranked #33 of 266 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
“Cheap and cheerful, you get what you pay for.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have just returned from our 3night stay and I have to say 3nights were enough. Leaving our expensive camera on the plane meant that we got off to a bad start and once arriving at the hotel a little stressed we were then greeted with an average welcome and showed to our room. We stayed in a suite and it was spacious enough. The decor from a distance looked nice (though look to close and you notice how bad the finishing is, bits falling apart) however you have to remember this is a budget hotel. We found this hotel was VERY popular with French people, I think we found one other English couple the whole time we were there so if you were looking for a holiday where you meet fellow holiday makers in the bar or by the pool, forget it!

Staff-We had a few bad experiences I must say, the 1st one Being on the 1st morning after returning from breakfast we had noticed the housekeeper had been and so had 200 D from my boyfriends short pocket, she then came back to the room on a further 2occasions that day, once when we were in and she made out she was swapping towels and a 3rd when we were out and she left flower petals all over the place, it was very odd. we decided we would leave it as we didn't want any trouble as we couldn't prove it. The locals told us that if the police give you a driving fine you pay the police (approx £2 ad all I'd forgotten so we didn't hold out much hope about seeing our money again. from then onwards we left nothing of any value in the room. Also on check out they tried to charge us for the use of the telephone which we had not used. This was sorted once we explained out check in time.

Food-We only stayed for breakfast as we were out and about during the day, breakfast was edible, granted it wasn't out of this world however there was a good enough choice, cereal, toast, fruit, cheese, yoghurt etc, very good value for money.

Spa-After reading many reviews on Spas we decided to visit the heritage spa instead of the spa in our hotel although we do look around it and it looked really nice.

Pool-The pool was nice though due to the building design was always in the shade so was freezing, the loungers around it were in the sun for a very limited time during the day however on the rooftop there were plenty of loungers and needless to say plenty of sun.

Bar-The hotel bar was about the same price as London which was good considering n Marrakech alcohol is rather hard to find, only certain restaurants sell it ad these were hard to find.

All in all a pleasant stay, also let us have a late check out free of charge. If your thinking of booking enjoy :)

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank XBeeX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Got a decent deal on the hotel for recent trip for 7 days in Marrakech

Good location near jemaa el fan and the beautiful region near Sofitel hotel.

Rooms were well kept and relatively large. Quietish AC at night, but the let down was the tiny bathroom and the lack of changed sheets-the cleaners merely tidied not replaced. At one point found a few ants crawling around in the bed...

Breakfast is the real let down here though. Shocking quality of both food and selection. Whatever fruits were present we're gone very early and not replenished or in some cases had a few flies sniffing around them. Coffee was very average, not even any sugar for the coffee. Bread was often stale...eggs (when available) resembled soup and whenever anything was out that looked eatable (pancakes, waffles even) they tended to be pretty cold...

Had a spa treatment with the gf last day, traditional hammam rubdown and a facial...lots of wait in between and before treatments which I've never seen before and they messed up the times initially meaning we had to arrive an hour early...which then meant that they could only have one person doing both facials simultaneously (after a silly long wait!). Average treatments at best to be honest

Staff on the front desk were helpful enough...happy to change money or make an effort to call a restaurant to book on our behalf although their lack of knowledge of restaurants in the area was worrying....

Morale of the story...sound(ish) hotel in a very good location but very basic if you require anything else such as a good spa or a pool to sunbathe at, or a good breakfast:coffee...

Doubtful to stay again.....

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Terrell_86
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel could be excellent but in order to be so there are quite a few quirks that would need ironing out.

Our standard room was fine, not the biggest but the fixtures and fittings were quite modern. We ate in the restaurant on the first evening, the food was fine, service was nice & friendly. Breakfast was included in our package so we had it every morning. It consisted of fresh bread rolls, croissants, toast, pancakes, beef sausages, scrambled egg, cheese, meat, cakes. I've read in previous reviews that the tea/coffee weren't up to scratch but this wasn't the case.
On our return to our room on the first two days we found that it had been cleaned and the towels taken but not replaced with clean ones. This was a little bit inconvenient and strange, we came to the conclusion that the hotel was full and they had no spare towels!

Now the things that could be improved on....the showers are dreadful (due to a leak in our room we were transferred to a 'suite', that shower was awful as well). There are only 2 sockets in the room and both have lamps plugged into them, the rooms & public areas are quite dark. When going up the stairs we regularly had to do it in the dark. The minibar was chained and locked. The roof terrace not as shown, no sun loungers up there but just old rugs. There is CONSTANT music by the pool which we overlooked. This went on until about 10pm sometimes and was on a loop (I never want to hear the Macarena again).

All in all if we were to return to Marrakech I think we would definitely consider staying here again, it's within easy reach of the main sites but is far enough away from the hustle and bustle to be relaxing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cmgallag
Gulf Shores, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay in Hotel Dellarosa. From the moment I arrived in the cab from the airport. Doors were opened, baggage was taken and I was immediately served tea and scones while the reception prepared my reservation. It took about ten minutes to check in. Painless and considering I arrived five hours early I was pleased to no end that my room was available. Within fifteen minutes of arriving I was in my room. First impressions...well, there were rose petals artfully layered out on the coffee table and end of the bed. The room was big. The bed, a full king with very nice pillows and very comfortable sheets. My bathroom was also a good size with a full bath and shower, toilet and great sink and counter space. Again more rose petals and bath products. The room itself had everything I would expect from a four star hotel. In room espresso machine, phone, in-room safe which was nicely tucked into a full IKEA style cabinet that had more than enough room for two peoples worth of luggage and more room to spare. The room also had a coffee table and a couch, matching nightstands and a writing desk. I was very impressed with how clean the room was. The double windows open and I had a nice view over the neighborhood. Also the room had tile and no carpet which I preferred. The rest of the hotel was just as good. there is a pool and spa and hammam, although I didn't use either, I spoke to someone who said they were nice. The pool area looked nice and even had some shaded areas. There is a terrace on top of the hotel with sweeping views of the city and Atlas Mountains in the background. I took a lot of pictures from here. The reception took care of currency exchange and booked my tour to Essaouiri. They have a book with all of the tours and it is door to door service. The bar was very nice and I spent some time in the evenings in there relaxing with some people I had met from Ghana. There is a restaurant on site and breakfast was included in my reservation. It was good but not extravagant. Just the basics in chafing dishes, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, juice and coffee. I did not eat at the restaurant for any other meals. The hotel itself is located in the Hivernage District and is two blocks from Mohammed V Blvd. Fifteen minutes to the medina and a very pleasant walk through neighborhoods filled with palm trees and bougainvillea. The area seemed very safe to me. Next door to the hotel is a small store that sells anything you might be missing including bulk supplies of bottled water. It was very nice and the owner made great little pastries. All in all my experience at Dellarosa was wonderful and the location couldn't have been better as Mohammed V Blvd is full of nice restaurants and shops. I will definitely stay here again if I'm back in Marrakesh.

Room Tip: get the upgraded room if available with the king bed
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert C
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

very nice friendly and clean Hotel located in the centre of town and near everything
We stayed 4 nights and loved it The room was clean, spacious nicely decorated . The food was very good and plentiful
The staff were very polite and always with a smile .Spa was faaantaaastic
will stay there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here as part of an arranged tour of Morocco, this was our last stop. The hotel looks nice enough, and they sprinkle rose petals all over the place in the rooms ("dellarosa," get it). I just didn't think they were very clean at all. Upon arriving my room, I checked my sheets and mattress (which I do, as a matter of course in hotels, to check for bedbugs) and I found many black specks on the mattress, an indication consistent with bedbug infestation and then, there is was, it looked like the shell or casing of a bedbug in one of the indentations of the mattress. So I put all of my things in a friend's room and immediately asked if I could be put in a room on another floor. Staff seemed unphased and brought me to a room down the hall. I inspected this mattress, and while I didn't find a bedbug the mattress was gross (it had pubic hair in all the mattress indentations caused by buttons, and in case there is any doubt, no, this is not something you would normally find inspecting a hotel mattress). So, pretty much completely grossed out at this point I asked if I can just be placed on another floor, and they did comply with my request. We spent 2 nights here, but I just really felt uneasy in the hotel at that point. Also, their included breakfast was pretty gross, too.

On the plus side I did deal with some helpful staff members at the front desk. But, all in all, as you can imagine, not recommended.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Via_Veneto99

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Rely nice hotel , facilities , location n staff
Loved the entertainer whilst we were havin breakfast n the pool table

• Stayed September 2011