We have just returned from our 3night stay and I have to say 3nights were enough. Leaving our expensive camera on the plane meant that we got off to a bad start and once arriving at the hotel a little stressed we were then greeted with an average welcome and showed to our room. We stayed in a suite and it was spacious enough. The decor from a distance looked nice (though look to close and you notice how bad the finishing is, bits falling apart) however you have to remember this is a budget hotel. We found this hotel was VERY popular with French people, I think we found one other English couple the whole time we were there so if you were looking for a holiday where you meet fellow holiday makers in the bar or by the pool, forget it!
Staff-We had a few bad experiences I must say, the 1st one Being on the 1st morning after returning from breakfast we had noticed the housekeeper had been and so had 200 D from my boyfriends short pocket, she then came back to the room on a further 2occasions that day, once when we were in and she made out she was swapping towels and a 3rd when we were out and she left flower petals all over the place, it was very odd. we decided we would leave it as we didn't want any trouble as we couldn't prove it. The locals told us that if the police give you a driving fine you pay the police (approx £2 ad all I'd forgotten so we didn't hold out much hope about seeing our money again. from then onwards we left nothing of any value in the room. Also on check out they tried to charge us for the use of the telephone which we had not used. This was sorted once we explained out check in time.
Food-We only stayed for breakfast as we were out and about during the day, breakfast was edible, granted it wasn't out of this world however there was a good enough choice, cereal, toast, fruit, cheese, yoghurt etc, very good value for money.
Spa-After reading many reviews on Spas we decided to visit the heritage spa instead of the spa in our hotel although we do look around it and it looked really nice.
Pool-The pool was nice though due to the building design was always in the shade so was freezing, the loungers around it were in the sun for a very limited time during the day however on the rooftop there were plenty of loungers and needless to say plenty of sun.
Bar-The hotel bar was about the same price as London which was good considering n Marrakech alcohol is rather hard to find, only certain restaurants sell it ad these were hard to find.
All in all a pleasant stay, also let us have a late check out free of charge. If your thinking of booking enjoy :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The dellarosa is located in the heart of the city, close to the shopping area and only five minutes walk from the ancient walls, the famous main square Jemma El Fna and the bustling souks. Blending the renowned Moroccan hospitality with international design and comfort,this luxury hotel is a haven in the city centre, the perfect residence to fully enjoy the Red City assets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa Hotel Marrakech
- Dellarosa Hotel Suites And Spa