“Central hotel in the Hivernage District”

Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa
Ranked #30 of 278 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Central hotel in the Hivernage District”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay in Hotel Dellarosa. From the moment I arrived in the cab from the airport. Doors were opened, baggage was taken and I was immediately served tea and scones while the reception prepared my reservation. It took about ten minutes to check in. Painless and considering I arrived five hours early I was pleased to no end that my room was available. Within fifteen minutes of arriving I was in my room. First impressions...well, there were rose petals artfully layered out on the coffee table and end of the bed. The room was big. The bed, a full king with very nice pillows and very comfortable sheets. My bathroom was also a good size with a full bath and shower, toilet and great sink and counter space. Again more rose petals and bath products. The room itself had everything I would expect from a four star hotel. In room espresso machine, phone, in-room safe which was nicely tucked into a full IKEA style cabinet that had more than enough room for two peoples worth of luggage and more room to spare. The room also had a coffee table and a couch, matching nightstands and a writing desk. I was very impressed with how clean the room was. The double windows open and I had a nice view over the neighborhood. Also the room had tile and no carpet which I preferred. The rest of the hotel was just as good. there is a pool and spa and hammam, although I didn't use either, I spoke to someone who said they were nice. The pool area looked nice and even had some shaded areas. There is a terrace on top of the hotel with sweeping views of the city and Atlas Mountains in the background. I took a lot of pictures from here. The reception took care of currency exchange and booked my tour to Essaouiri. They have a book with all of the tours and it is door to door service. The bar was very nice and I spent some time in the evenings in there relaxing with some people I had met from Ghana. There is a restaurant on site and breakfast was included in my reservation. It was good but not extravagant. Just the basics in chafing dishes, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, juice and coffee. I did not eat at the restaurant for any other meals. The hotel itself is located in the Hivernage District and is two blocks from Mohammed V Blvd. Fifteen minutes to the medina and a very pleasant walk through neighborhoods filled with palm trees and bougainvillea. The area seemed very safe to me. Next door to the hotel is a small store that sells anything you might be missing including bulk supplies of bottled water. It was very nice and the owner made great little pastries. All in all my experience at Dellarosa was wonderful and the location couldn't have been better as Mohammed V Blvd is full of nice restaurants and shops. I will definitely stay here again if I'm back in Marrakesh.

Room Tip: get the upgraded room if available with the king bed
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2012

very nice friendly and clean Hotel located in the centre of town and near everything
We stayed 4 nights and loved it The room was clean, spacious nicely decorated . The food was very good and plentiful
The staff were very polite and always with a smile .Spa was faaantaaastic
will stay there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here as part of an arranged tour of Morocco, this was our last stop. The hotel looks nice enough, and they sprinkle rose petals all over the place in the rooms ("dellarosa," get it). I just didn't think they were very clean at all. Upon arriving my room, I checked my sheets and mattress (which I do, as a matter of course in hotels, to check for bedbugs) and I found many black specks on the mattress, an indication consistent with bedbug infestation and then, there is was, it looked like the shell or casing of a bedbug in one of the indentations of the mattress. So I put all of my things in a friend's room and immediately asked if I could be put in a room on another floor. Staff seemed unphased and brought me to a room down the hall. I inspected this mattress, and while I didn't find a bedbug the mattress was gross (it had pubic hair in all the mattress indentations caused by buttons, and in case there is any doubt, no, this is not something you would normally find inspecting a hotel mattress). So, pretty much completely grossed out at this point I asked if I can just be placed on another floor, and they did comply with my request. We spent 2 nights here, but I just really felt uneasy in the hotel at that point. Also, their included breakfast was pretty gross, too.

On the plus side I did deal with some helpful staff members at the front desk. But, all in all, as you can imagine, not recommended.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Via_Veneto99

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Rely nice hotel , facilities , location n staff
Loved the entertainer whilst we were havin breakfast n the pool table

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Bainz8
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The room was clean, spacious and wonderfully presented. The staff were excellent and most had a good grasp of English. The food was very good in general. The location was ideal as it was within walking distance of most of the major attractions. The spa was splendid. However, the pool was cold and unusable. This hotel is definitely excellent value for money. Will return again on our next visit to Morocco.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor with balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bass91
Tønsberg
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not a five* hotel. Poor breakfast. Location good, though.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KKHT_nsberg
Reviewed April 22, 2012

A bit faded around the edges but reasonable and an overall pleasant appearance. It's easy to be harsh but I was quite pleased with my room and terrace

• Stayed April 2012