Riad Al Mendili Kasbah
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$414
$160
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$151
$147
Travelocity
$511
All reviewsatlas mountainsroof terracetranquil place to stayfeng shuioverwhelmingly positive reviewsinviting poolemailed aheadthe hustle and bustleperfect hoststaxi companyr rgardens are beautifulbath and showereach eveningthis wonderful hotelpeace and tranquilityjust returned from a night stay
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for five days during May 2013. It was absolutely breathtaking. It is about half an hour by taxi out of Marrakech in it's own little oasis with a glorious view across the Atlas Mountains.
The hotel will arrange for a taxi company to collect you from the airport for 400 dirhams return (about £36) we didn't realise this and haggled at the airport from 400 to 350 for a one way trip (all the fun of being in Marrakech). The hotel is off the beaten track, the taxis will have to go down a little dirt track to get to the hotel but don't be put off, the hotel itself is set back in it's own beautifully manicured and maintained lush green gardens. Being a little bit further outside of Marrakech it's calm and peaceful (the most noisy thing was the birds in the trees!) which does mean you will need taxis to get to Marrakech to explore. The hotel will arrange these for you though and this will be return (you don't pay until you have been returned to the hotel either!). We also booked a taxi to take us to the Atlas Mountains to explore there and visit the waterfalls and Berber villages for a day. The location meant that we could also just take a day out for lying by the beautiful pool on the plush sun beds in the garden.
The owners, Allain and Catherine, are french and very warming, they came to greet us personally when we arrived and served us traditional morrocan mint tea. They will do anything for you. The staff, similarly, are just as accomodating. You can eat your breakfast, lunch or dinner where you like, just ask the staff to set it up for you. We dined on our private terrace, on the roof terrace, in the morrocan style boudoir on the first floor, in the main dining room, on the pool terrace and in the private roof terrace to the side of the main one.
The staff also mainly speak french or arabic. I don't speak either language which restricted us to a few words, but we could still make ourselves understood and they still would come and speak to me. My boyfriend speaks fluent french so nothing was a problem for him. I was horribly ill one day from sun exposure and spent a day in bed, the managers ensured they came to me in the evening when I was up and about to enquire about my health in stumbling english, an effort i really appreciated.
The hotel only has 10 rooms so feels very private and serene. Everyone seemed to be professional couples which was a nice atmosphere. For this reason you will be asked in the mornings if you would like lunch and or dinner in the evenings, they obviously need to work out who they are cooking for, but don't find this restrictive, we changed our mind a few times!
The lunch and dinner meals are all served as 3 courses. They are set meals and are always a surprise. I know some people have complained about this on here but the meals are all home cooked, traditional, organic food. Salads, breads, tagines, fruit, vegetables, cous cous and humus. It was all delicious. Even if you don't like something give it a go, although I'd recommend if you're vegetarian that you give them a heads up before you arrive!
We also tried the Spa which is on site and had an hour long couples massage. This was very relaxing and the women were highly skilled. I'd definitely recommend it, particularly after a day wandering around the Medina in Marrakech!
The room was beautiful and clean. The bed was HUGE, we have a king size at home and this was even bigger than a super king. It was quite firm but very comfy and had a lovely view out of the patio doors over the Atlas Mountains. The maids are fabulously discreet and when you leave the room in the evening will come in and change the room ready for night time, turning down the bed, lighting the lamps, shutting the black out blinds and closing the voile curtains. They obviously then come and tidy up during the day, they also provide you with bottled water every day as obviously you cannot drink the water over there.The bathroom had a nice turkish bath in it under the window so you could lie in it and look up at the sky. Be careful the water gets very hot when you're running it so keep an eye on it! Afterwards I recommend sitting on the terrace in your fluffy white robe and slippers which are provided and enjoying the african sun.
I would absolutely love to go back and I hope I do soon!

Room Tip: All rooms face out over the pool and the mountains. go up to the roof terrace in the evening and watch the sun set over the desert and the lights of marrakech come to life!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I booked this excuisite Riad for only one night. We wished we'd stayed here for a couple of nights. Al Mendili is truly a hidden gem, conveniently located outside Marrakech, and situated in a peaceful setting and quiet surroundings. Staff and management make sure that all guests are treated like royals.

Just perfect for a romatic couple get away. In that case, make sure you book this accommodation for 3 nights: check in, then hardly leave your room and never leave the premises. Because you really don't have to! Dig in, indulge, experience the spa, etc.. truly great!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place is the perfect get away from cold and damp England. The service was perfect and the food was fantastic, fresh and interesting. You are able to eat where ever you want...and I would strongly recommend the Africa Room! The whole atmosphere was really tranquil, and you will love the rooms! I will be going again!

Room Tip: Any of them, but next time I want a ground floor room to make it easy for me to roll out of bed and on to my sun lounger!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you want somewhere to get away and relax, this is the place. It is in a beautiful, quiet location about 20 mins by car out of the city. The biggest decision you have to make all day is where you would like to eat dinner; on the terrace, the roof to watch the sun go down or by the pool. The food was great and rooms beautiful. Easy to get into Marrakech or the mountains and you can book a taxi/ driver through the hotel. They return for you when your ready and somehow manage to find you! I would practice some French before returning though!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 6, 2013

While planning our first trip to Marrakech, we were disappointed when our hotel reservation (at a different hotel) was canceled at the last minute. To our great fortune, we decided on the Kasbah Al Mendili and could not imagine staying anywhere else. Catherine and Alain were perfect hosts and didn't overlook a single detail in trying to make our stay with them the best it could possibly be. From providing a late dinner on our first night after our flight was delayed to greeting us with a smile before sunrise the next morning to make sure we had everything we needed for the day's excursion, Al Mendili is a truly magical place. A short 20 minute drive from the hustle and bustle of downtown Marrakech, Al Mendili is surrounded by beautiful gardens and stunning views of the Atlas mountains. It is a quiet oasis in which to spend a relaxing holiday, but also close enough to the city and to the mountains to take advantage of all the excellent excursions Morocco has to offer.

We can't give enough compliments to the chef at Al Mendili – the food was some of the best we've ever had. Whether you eat in the beautifully decorated dining room, on your private balcony, or on the rooftop terrace with gorgeous views of the mountains on one side and the lights of Marrakech on the other, I can't imagine anything better or more authentic.

We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Morocco – thank you Catherine and Alain for a wonderful holiday!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple