“Enjoyable but crowded”

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
Ranked #101 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We have just returned from a very relaxing family holiday at this hotel. For the price we got it for it represented good value. I have rated it average as I couldn't quite call it "Very Good".

Staff were all very friendly and helpful though be warned the front desk often promises to do something and then does not deliver (e.g. we took four days of repeated requests to secure one of the irons that they loan out).

Accomodation was roomy but basic; very clean. The aircon is not great so be prepared to leave it on continuously.

Food - death by buffet with quality varying from poor to pretty good depending upon your preferences and which chef is on duty. They have two themed buffets - the Italian one was not very different from the Italian food served in the main hall but the Morrocan buffet was great.

Sun beds - yes it is a nightmare to get good shade. We were told that the hotel was at full capacity and there were barely enough sunbeds for everyone. I joined in the daily hunt at 5:45am and was rewarded with a good choice. I would guesstimate that 75% of beds were taken by 7:30am!

The pool itself was huge with a lovely gradual slope into the water and not too deep anywhere. The water looked a little cloudy; it wasn't completely clear so I question how clean it was. Lots of sharp edges round the pool and tiles in and around the complex have been chosen for appearance over grip so multiple slips and trips amongst all the kids running around and a few unlucky adults.

The kids club did a great job entertaining the kids though they have no sign-in process and allow kids to wander off so probably best not to leave anyone too young. The Art teacher was great.

We travelled independently so didn't have the full coach load over whelming two reception staff scenario that some posters have referred to. Even if I were travelling on a package I would be tempted to invest in a private transfer or taxi in order to beat the queue. ;-)

Wifi is not available in the rooms but is in the lobby. However it become overwhelmed so is a bit hit and miss.

Top tip: Passport queues are horrendous when arriving (1.5 hours) and when leaving (1.0 hours) so be prepared on the way in and leave extra early to be on the safe side when going home.

Top tip: The cash machine in the hotel lobby is a Francophile and only works if you select the French language option!

Room Tip: Block One is quiet and relatively close to everything if you are at the pool end
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Possibly our last 'family' holiday as our daughter is off to University in the Autumn.
We had two adjacent rooms, giving the children independence, but also keeping us together, which helped for a variety of reasons.
Rooms Spacious for two people, clean and well presented.
Food - good and plenty of variety, although by the end of two weeks, I was pleased to get back to get back to a 'normal' diet.
Main restaurant, you are guided to a table, which removes some of the cattle market which can often occur with all inclusive holidays.
Plenty of daytime activities to keep a 14 year old boy entertained.
Evening entertainment out side tended to be a duo playing cover versions, ideal to relax and have a drink or two.. In the thatre was a bit more high energy, but I'm getting too old for that game.
Graet Family Holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PNE223
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Went in April 2014, Weather was great apart from one storm. The Hotel is rather spread out but we enjoyed the ability to walk round the grounds and enjoy the gardens and the views of the Atlas mountains beyond. This is an all inclusive hotel which we were concerned about but the quality of the food was really good. The Moroccan cooking is really good, yes the drinks don't seem as strong but you can have as many as you want and to be honest the mint tea is awesome, I think I became addicted to it while I was there. Pool is cool in April but nice and refreshing, the rooms and large and comfortable and we had a good view towards the mountains. We found all the staff to be friendly and they really want you to have a great time, I have never been to a hotel where they were so friendly. The staff working round the pool at the entertainment were amazing and inclusive. This hotel is in a great location to use as a base and explore the City and the Atlas Mountains and we look forward to returning soon as the experience we had was amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greenmonkey7
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We booked our holiday to Riu Tikida Palmeraie with First Choice Holidays, from start to finish the holiday was superb.
The hotel was spotless clean , the food amazing I cannot begin to understand anyone who says they didn.t like it . There were so many different choices at each meal it was difficult to choose.
The reception staff were helpful and friendly, the bar staff and restaurant staff second to none and could not do enough to help.The bedrooms were spacious and airy and the made service excellent.
The pool area was always clean and the pool lovely to cool off in , we didn't find any problem with it being cold as we were there from 28th July till 11th August. The only downside was sunbeds. Guests were getting up at 4am to go get sunbeds which I find incredible when people are supposedly on holiday.
The animation team were very friendly and worked hard trying to persuade us to join in activities although they were not pushy.
The evening entertainment was very good , all the guys and girls put in an enormous effort to entertain, The two principle dancers Zakitta Zakia Sabrina and Monidancer Azelhad were outstanding and so talented they were a pleasure to watch dancing together.
My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Riu Tikida Palmeraie and hope to return.

Thank you to everyone for a great holiday.

Jean Schiech

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jean S
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel and plan to return in the future, couldn't have asked for a nicer room, excellent staff, pool, just everything!! Highly recommend the camel excursion, even though it's very hot we were given clothes that kept us sun burn free. Such a lovely hotel and enjoyed exploring the souks.
My advice for the souks would to be very firm, I learned this the hard way when someone was following us acting as a guide and I politely smiled and walked away, then when I told him to please leave he became quite aggressive and demanded money. After that as soon as someone approached us they were greeting with a firm NO! The quickly left us alone.
Looking forward to returning to this hotel soon x

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ClaireandDanH
Reviewed August 17, 2014

we went for our anniversary celebration. The highlight of the stay was the food. Cannot say enough about the flavours and variety. The staff were excellent and friendly. The one thing that was a bit of a let down was the pool- it was a bit cold to be able to swim outdoor in march. We took a taxi to the local market and then a hop on hop pff bus to go around. would not really recommend this hotel with kids. They might not find enough to keep occupied.

Room Tip: room away from the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Namrata O
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited end march beginning April. What can I say, where to start! Drink on arrival lovely start. Unfortunately the heavens above opened all day for 4 out of 7 days but we didn't let it dampen the holiday The pool was lovely and big but didn't dare enter as very cold. Food great, staff very friendly and helpful. Only slight downfall was our room didn't really have any sort of view. Would return hopefully soon

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple