“Great break away in the sun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
Ranked #87 of 504 Hotels in Marrakech
“Great break away in the sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We booked a late deal for 7 nights and had a great time. This was our first experience of all inclusive and we couldn't fault it. The staff were all very helpful and friendly - nothing seemed too much trouble. The resort is fairly large, the rooms are spread out over quite a wide area - we found it good exercise to walk to the restaurants and bars, but if it had rained, it wouldn't have been much fun! For anyone with mobility problems the hotel provides a shuttle service around the grounds.
The courtesy bus into Marrakech took about 25 minutes and ran regularly. Certainly worth a trip to see the Souks and do a bit of shopping.
The resort is next to quite a busy main road which means that you can hear the traffic at peak
times.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a relaxing short break early in the season, but would imagine it would be very hot and crowded during the peak times.

Room Tip: If you email the hotel with any special requests they will try and accommodate you. Some rooms are...
3 Thank Rodden10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,161)
  • Turkish first
Matlock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have just returned from this Hotel which I stayed in for one week from 3rd to 10th Feb ,a last minute Birthday trip with my Sister....
I can,t fault this Hotel.Everything you have read from previous reviews I agree with.I..have never done a all inclusive before or stayed in such a large Hotel,as I tend to go for smaller hotels. I was very impressed... the food was excellent ,staff friendly and cant do enough for you...A particular mention to MR SI MOHAMED(THERE ARE 3 MOHAMED,S ) He is the tallest one who works on the reception desk he very kindly rang a few people for us when we wanted to go on a private tour around the Medina .He arranged us a trip through a lovely Husband and Wife team who are MOROCCO PRIVATE EXPERIENCE who I highly recommend .
We were shown around the Medina by the lady who was very informative and tailored our sightseeing to what we asked and much more... .So Thanks to Si Mohamed we had a wonderful trip around the Medina at a very reasonal price unlike the original trip we were trying to book,who were charging rip off prices
Do try this Hotel you will not be disappointed,I will return as soon as I can,still lots more of Marrakech to see yet.Do go on the Thompson Atlas Mountain/Berber Village trip,its well worth the money and a great day out,and the drivers and guide very good.Well done to the Manager and all your staff,you all work so hard.You will be hassled when you are out and about,but I never felt threatened or unsafe,its all part of the experience..enjoy !

Room Tip: Rooms 400,S To 500,S are nearest the pool and resturants. We were in room 3112 which is still not fa...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LESLEY-T210
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We booked this through Thomson and went in May 2013. This is my second time going to Marrakech and how anyone can trash talk it I'll never know. If you want to experience a totally different culture then this is definitely the place for you. No it's not as clean as the UK and yes there beggars and merchants trying to selling you things around the medina and main square a simple "No thank you" will do the trick. If you go can't go to another country and embrace their way of doing things then why bother going at all?

As for the hotel I honestly cannot understand the bad reviews. We arrived late in the evening but staff were on hand to greet us with a drink and check in staff were very helpful. Our room was a fair walk away from the hotel but whats a 5 minute walk through stunning gardens going to hurt? Room was spacious and clean. (it even included rose petals on the bed and a towel swan)

Now for anyone doubting the food as a few people have given bad reviews I throw my hands up and admit I am a fussy eater. I'm vegetarian, dairy intolerant and have a strong hatred of mushrooms and tomatoes. I e mailed ahead and was told by the Thomson rep to make myself know when I went to the dining room and someone would be there to help. I was taken round by the HEADCHEF and he pointed out each dish I could have and told me he would cook something different if none of it took my fancy - I have NEVER received that treatment in any uk restaurant.

The animation team were fantastic and worked throughout the day to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves. We ended up meeting a brilliant group of people because of the entertainment they put on.

The pool area was stunning. Very clean and peaceful. There was a fair few children when we were there but the pool is big enough that you could escape the noise of them and relax and recharge those batteries.

All in all this was the best holiday and the best hotel I have stayed in and I recommend it to everybody!

Room Tip: If you don't want a long walk request a room over looking the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Charlie_Elizabeth8
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Beautiful hotel and the staff and management are as helpful and professional as you would find anywhere. Outside of the hotel it is quite poor as you would expect but given that the local people are great.
If you are after a relaxing time within the confines of the hotel you could find no better, but if you are after going out and about looking for lots to do you might struggle.
The Camel ride excursion is well worth a go and at about £20 a person all in is great value for money. There is a free bus to the souks which is somewhere you will love or hate but something else you must do.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 5000 block facing the pool are best
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Rick S
Wrexham Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We booked this at short notice with Thomson's and stayed from Monday 3rd to Friday 7th Feb.

Although we did not arrive until approx 11.30 p.m. on Monday night the transfer from the airport was very good and the hotel had kept the restaurant open for our arrival -the bags were brought to the room within minutes of us finding the room - this could be a bit daunting due to the size of the resort but there were plenty of security staff dotted around to point you in the right direction. Our room was overlooking the pool and was only a short walk from the restaurants and bars. The room was absolutely huge / separate toilet and bathroom, twin beds pushed together with a large lounger / sofa and ample wardrobe space.

Although we only ate in the main buffet restaurant I cannot fault the choice and quality of the food on offer - there is no need for anybody to go hungry here!!! We were shown to a table and the staff then looked after you i.e. refilling water and wine glasses as soon as they
were empty. Only tasted the red wine but it was very drinkable.

The weather was exceptionally warm during the day but early morning and evening did get a bit chilly and cardigans / jumpers were needed. The bar in the main building was large and buzzing on the nights we went there and the drinks are not watered down and in fact they tasted too good!!

We did use the shuttle bus to the town and although I think the driver works to a different time scale as the rest of us this was an excellent service. As this was our first visit to Marrakech I did not know what to expect of the medina and souks but they were certainly an eye opener - I did feel that the sellers pestered you so much you were afraid to even look at items and I came away feeling a bit cheated that I could not look closer. During one afternoon visit we went to the Museum of Marrakech and the Museum of Photography where we had lunch on the terrace - well worth a visit as you feel you get away from the hustle and bustle of the souks even though they are only a step away.

All in all a great spot for a bit of winter sun, the hotel was clean, well maintained with good gardens and although the water was too cold in the pool the areas around it were great for just relaxing and reading with plenty of space and many many loungers - but I would expect that this would be a different matter in the height of the season.

I cannot see us returning to Marrakech as there are too many places to visit, but I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view room and you will not be too far away from all the restaurants and bars
4 Thank wgj78
Lymm, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Myself and two friends have just returned from 4 nights here all inclusive with Thomson. Right from the start we were very impressed with the standards and staff at the hotel. Here are some things you might want to consider if you're booking / going there:

- it's a massive hotel so in the peak season it will be very busy. It was only half full during our trip but I would imagine the pool and restaurants would get v busy when full
- the outdoor pool is great but far too cold to swim in at this time of year, so prepare to swim in the indoor pool instead
- because of the size it can be quite a walk to the rooms, and to get to our room you had to walk through the pool
- the food is great but our favourite by far was the Moroccan restaurant - highly recommended

So in general we were really impressed, had gorgeous weather and also really enjoyed Marrakech itself. We didn't get anywhere near as much hassle as we thought! We'll definitely be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Reporter1
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed for 7 nights which was plenty of time to enjoy the hotel facilities and Marrakech medina. Great value for money and the chance to get some Winter sun, only 3 hours flight.

Positives
Clean and well maintained resort, very comfortable.
Lovely pools, fitness centre and spa with all treatments offered, therapists very good.
Food was excellent - vast choice to cater for all tastes and dietary requirements.
Service was first class, friendly and efficient bar and restaurant staff.
Very secure site.
Loved the location, short shuttle ride to the medina, 25 mins transfer time to airport, set in landscaped grounds.

Negatives
Reception check in disorganised - with so many group check ins each week, the process should be a lot smoother.
Noise from the rooms next door and above is very audible, particularly patio doors and furniture being moved.
Spa only takes cash, a bit of a hassle that could have been avoided if we had been told at time of booking, so we didn't have to return to the room to get a cash card and then go to Reception to draw cash out.

We would recommend this hotel.

5 Thank BerlinDublin