“Hottest Place one earth...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Route Fes, km 6 | Annakhil, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Your first gift: 500 pts
Ranked #93 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Hottest Place one earth...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here with 2 of our friends. We stayed for the 8th August for 7nights.

Flights, now I know this has nothing to do with the hotel but we were delayed by 2 hours, did not get a explanation until we got on the flight, got into Morocco about 2am, passport control is a joke. If they spent more time looking at peoples passport than using there phones and calling and texting the lines would not be so big and take so long.

Transfer, nice and easy. Out of airport and onto coach, took about 20minutes. We were 2nd drop off, simple. We were offered food as they had kept restaurant open but with it being so late we went straight to bed.

Hotel, hard to tell when you arrive so late in the morning but next morning we walked around and got to know our surroundings.Lovely layout, lovely lakes(I fed the fish for ages, great) and lush green grass and people cleaning at all hours as you expect in a Riu. Lovely sized pool, nice place to have breakfast, place for continental breakfast, and place for dinner turns into the Italian restaurant.
Main buffet on evening was great, also so much choice, always hot, and chefs always happy to speak with you. deserts great as my wife told me!

We did try the Italian which you have to book the morning before the evening you want to go.

Pool - pool was huge, biggest ive seen, always room. I was worried we would not be able to find a lounger, but there was loads, you may not be able to get one you want, but you will be able to get one so no need to get up at 5.30 to reserve.

Staff - as always in Riu Hotels have the best staff for us. There are some people there who work tirelessy for so little money and they are a credit to the hotel.
There was Mehdi, our waiter, he was great, so polite and refilled drinks, great guy. Adil, one of he head waiters, always happy to see us, making jokes with us, and even on one night asked Mehdi to get us 4 glasses of Champagne, no reason to do this but such a nice touch.
DJ Jose was great, I asked what a couple of the songs were called one night, next day he had made a CD for me, great service.
The main entertainment team were just great, worked so hard, morning til midnight, the chief entertainer, was told he was called Zambla, but unsure, he was great, great with everyone, with young kids, high fiving teenagers, and even me, which I was happy to join in with. And the guy who made mine and my wifes holiday, was Majid, he was such a great lad, if you get a chance, do the water aerobics, don't be put off even If you a man, do it, I wish I had done it sooner.
He was happy from 8 am until midnight, such a credit to the hotel and hope he gets to full fill his dreams!

Reception - always happy to help, water is available free of charge and is normally free.

The weather, hot hot hot! really was the hottest place in the world one day, reached 59, which is crazy hot. Each morning - 8.30am, it was 32, then by midday it was about 42 to 45, so hot. If you don't like heat, really not much else you can do! don't go!

The only bad thing was - the bathroom wasn't as nice as others, this seems picky but im not being picky, just our point of view, and there was ants in our room, 2 tiny things and please do not let this put you off going.

you get great weather, great hotel, food is great, and staff are some of the greatest we have had the pleasure to see in any Riu Resort. Would be go again - def, no doubt about it!

So get booking, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 3113 - view of mountains and view of resort, nice walk to reception
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank peter b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,142)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel and it was even better than we remembered; the service and genuine friendliness of the staff really made our holiday.

The sports activities by the outstanding animation team, in particular, brought guests together in both fun competitions to proper team sports helping a resort based day fly by and giving guests the chance to mix relaxing by the pool with inclusive activities such as aqua fit, volleyball, football, water polo, children's sports, ping pong, darts, dance classes, yoga, bingo.... You name it there was something for everyone. Their energy was infectious.

Our room was a generous size for two and was cleaned thoroughly each day. Reception staff couldn't do enough to help and waiting staff were friendly and efficient with a fantastic ability to remember your favourite drink despite the hotel being full.

Most staff speak numerous languages to help you get by but with French as their second language it's pretty straight forward to muddle through where necessary.

We made good use of the shuttle bus into the Medina where you can experience more culture in 15 minutes than many destinations can provide in a full week.

An excellent holiday, amazing hotel, service, culture and weather.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank KateSummer13
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

loved the hotel not the town felt a bit wary in the town! busy and a bit ummmm! bit this hotel was fab loved it would go back if just want a week of doing nothing. lovely pool and the staff are fab really friendly, entertainment was ok what I saw spent most time in main bar area being spoilt by staff.....a short flight, nice food and yes value for money in my eyes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank akw1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from 1 week at this hotel. Been around the world here & there previously. This hotel is totally amazing! Staff are unbelievable! As for the moaners on here, firstly it isn't rated a 5star hotel, so why people say certainly isn't 5 star is beyond me. I would of payed double the price! Everything was spot on! Well done riu. 4x4 Atlas Mountains trip was out of this world. Please egnore all negative views, you couldn't have a bad time if u tried. So sad people make up a load of rubbish. Was 53 degrees all week... Although it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be , (heat wise) but the UV rays are very very high there. So be careful. My son went brown in about 30mins on the first day. Sounds silly, but it's true. Luckily he didn't burn tho. I made him wear a t shirt etc in the pool after that. Also its was at full capacity & the hotel is so big, it was ace. not over crowded at all like people of made out.

The only downside is...... I should of booked 2 weeks :-(.

100% lovely and amazing hotel... Thanks so much riu........

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 27apple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks from 8th August 2013 and we can't wait to go back.

Going through the airport on arrival was quick & efficient followed by a comfortable short ride to the hotel (only took around 25-30mins). We arrived around 9.30pm to a fruit punch and told to go straight through to get some food. Checking in followed which was quick and painless - after locating our bags they were soon delivered to our room. Please be aware this is a massive complex (over 5,000 rooms) and it took us some time to find our room. The room was clean and basic but comfortable and cool - to be truthful we were hardly in our room!!!! It was cleaned every day and we were left 1-2 bottles of water daily but you can always ask for a bottled of water from any of the bars during the day. After reading lots of reviews we requested a room which was a bit of a walk from any noise (room 1127) so was quite of an evening and we were never disturbed.

The pool is massive with plenty of beds but be advised we were getting up any time from 6.30-7.00am to get a good spot and loungers - be advised this is down to all the Brits!!!!! The sun was out from 8am until 7-8pm and was very hot.

The food is plentiful with lots of different meals & plenty of choice for everybody. The main restaurant is always busy but it doesn't ever look like a school canteen - everybody queues and waits their turn. The Moroccan restaurant is a must - totally gorgeous food. Only bad point about this restaurant is they sometimes try to fit too many people in and we were squashed up a corner with the next "table for 2" right up against our table - apart from that it was a lovely evening.

The staff are so friendly and polite - shame this cant be said for the Reception staff who always seemed to be uninterested and unable to smile. They just didn't seem to be bothered and their English is very poor which sometimes made things quite hard. You can request the day before you depart to keep your room longer - we tried this but be warned I was told a different price to the man in front of me (and we both wanted to keep the room until 4pm) but a lady was told the week before that it was free of charge. We didn't keep our room but there are amenities at the in-door pool for you to shower and change without any problems.

The entertainment is amateur but they really do try their hardest. They always do evening entertainment and work very hard during the day also with yogo, aqua aerobics, table tennis, volley ball etc...... They are totally amazing with the children and from what we seen the children totally love them.

There is a shuttle bus facility into the town centre - we had a very unpleasant experience and would avoid going into the town by yourself. If you wanted to explore I would advise paying extra and booking with your tour operator and going as a group and with a guide. The hotel doesn't have much around there is a shop in the hotel and also a very short taxi ride will get you to local supermarket (the hotel does have their own taxi's which can be booked for you).

It is a lovely hotel for couples or families and we can't wait to go back next year with our children.

Room Tip: Email your tour operator and request If you would like an upstairs room or a quite room away from th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one week at the beginning of May. Myself and partner had never been on an AI holiday before and with recommendations from friends to stay at this hotel we thought we'd give it a try.

Beautiful hotel and grounds, very clean, fantastic staff and the food was delicious.

We booked the holiday through Thomsons and the reps were very helpful and gave good advice about the area. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Marrakech.

The hotel manager was always walking around checking everything was ok and always made an effort to come to speak to you which I thought was a nice touch.

I also had a treatment in the spa which was very reasonable and very relaxing.

WIFI was available in the main hotel which was useful (even though a little slow during peak times).

The only negative I would say about this hotel is I don't think there are enough sun beds/loungers for the number of guests. With there not being a beach in the area most people stay by the pool during the day. We stayed early May which I don't think is a peak time and we struggled to find a bed. I should have got up earlier and it probably wouldn't have been an issue :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here on our first stay to morrocco and one word fantastic.i was quite suprised after reading some bad reviews ,i my self work in a travel agents so sort of knew what to expect but this hotel went over and beyong my expectations.The food was amazing but only if you like to try morrocon culture,the food could become very samey if you were hunting for english food ha.the entertainment team were fab and the hote lwas cleaned everyday.

Everyday we came back to fresh bedding and fresh bottles of water in the fridge.The staff could not do enough for you here.The pool is just amazing really nice and cool ecspecially in the temperatures it was ,far too hot for my liking but live and learn..

I strongly reccomend the ouzzard waterfall tour that was just amazing the views were spectacular and had grwat fun going out on boats that were totally not safe but its all part of the fun..and they are not too badly priced either ..TIP -ignore the only morrocan dirham,they expect every currency here euros american dollars sterling aswell as their own money.

overall this hotel was just fab fab fab fab,,i would reccomend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple