WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
Ranked #99 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
liverpool
“Awesome food. Beautiful place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel, well. When you are on your transfers from the hotel you watch people get off at stops before you and you think wow, i wish i stayed there. But only when you get to your hotel eventually you realise you have definitely picked the best place possible. It is so beautiful and huge! The excursions are amazing! the waterfalls where indescribable. Quad biking in the sahara was just wow! the beach trip to essouria was a bit long but was still a good day. I went in july 2012 and the heat was perfect. I absolutely loved it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TripMember04062016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,206)
  • Turkish first
Llandudno, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just come back from a 12 day stay and thoroughly enjoyed.
before we chose our holiday we fully understood that going to Morocco there was a strong chance of us being served Moroccan food and also that it would be hot, i am saying this as it annoyed me the fact that people always complain about (foreign food)!! the hotel has a capacity of 1000 and it was full when we were there, the staff were outstanding, they made my holiday and if you have any doubts about certain religions and tar them all with the same brush then these lovely people will quash that thought for you.
i enjoyed experimenting with the food on a tri daily basis, you have a choice from a main stream buffet in the large restaurant also there were another two which was advisable to book 1 night before, these were the Moroccan and Italian restaurants.
wonderful for children and those wanting to relax, i took my 2 daughters 14 and 11 and they enjoyed themselves, this is a relaxing holiday however you can go on many excursions, the Atlas mountains, camel riding, Marrakesh is a must if only once.
to sum up, relaxing, great staff and good food, only negative for me was apart from the restaurants people were smoking everywhere and inside the Bar/Lobby area there was no escape from this.
as much as we loved this holiday we will be trying out Agidir next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank will6576
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just arrived home after a brilliant stay at the Riu Tikida Palmeraie and despite being a very hard to please person i cannot fault the hotel!.. Clutching at straws ... shame there weren't any wi-fi in the hotel rooms!!
On arrival through the hotel door we were greeted to a refreshing alcohol free cocktail and escorted straight into the hotel restaurant where we had brilliant food waiting. Check in was really quick and our cases were delivered directly to our doors after finding the room! It did take some time for the cases to arrive at our rooms but it was better than carrying them with us around the complex!
The food at the hotel was good with plenty of choice. We did eat at the Italian Restaurant, which was again very good! I did find it quite strange that men were required to to wear trousers to enter the restaurant, especially considering we were in a hot country. The hotel staff was clearly well trained in customer service and did anything to help, all very polite and friendly. Shame the same cannot be said for some of the airport staff and border control, which was horrendous. The entertainment team did a lot of activities during the day and every night they had a different themed entertainment night.
We booked the holiday with Thomson, I am sure that I will be booking with them again soon! They were absolutely brilliant, from booking all the way through to return flight. What I really liked from the company is the fact that we had a personal website after booking giving us a countdown to out holiday and all information about the resort, things to do, places to go etc. All in all, a really good holiday, would recommend to others!

2 Thank Iwan J
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from 31st may to 10th June. This hotel met all and more of our expectations.
My fiancé proposed to me here which was a lovely added bonus :)
Firstly, when we arrived at the hotel at around 11.40pm, the check in was very quick considering the volume of guests who had arrived and were still arriving. They greeted us with cocktails (which were lovely!) and they were very pleasant.
Then we were taken to our room by a porter who was pleased to help us. The room was immaculately clean, with towel art and added rose petals which was a lovely welcome.
We then went down to grab a bite to eat, the restaurant was kept open later than normal for the late arrivals which was an appreciated extra after our journey! The food was fresh didn't seem to be leftovers which was great, was impressed with this.
Breaking down all the different points from our stay -

Staff - Customer service was absolutely second to none. I haven't been anywhere with the customer service as impressive as this. They couldn't do more for us, they even knew our drinks, they would spot you and have them ready when you get to the bar! Fantastic! Reception staff were also very helpful with all sorts of things. Restaurant staff were also very friendly and although it was self-service, they still asked us if we wanted any drinks and always helped us carry things to the table if we had our hands full.

Rooms - We had emailed around 10 days before we arrived and requested a room on the top floor, near to the pool. This is EXACTLY what we received. I didn't expect that we would be able to have been granted it but our room was fantastic! We had room 5101, overlooking the pool and we even had late afternoon sun from around 5 until half 6! The rooms were immaculately clean. Absolutely spotless, the maids did a very good job, completed with towel art every day.

Main restaurant - I didn't expect a massive amount from the main restaurant, but yet again, I was pleasantly surprised. Food was very fresh and always hot, very good selection, show cooking and always a nice selection of desserts to choose from. I must recommend the natural yoghurt, this was beautiful!!

Specialty restaurants (Moroccan) - We booked the Moroccan for the 3rd or 4th night of our stay. The food was lovely, a lot of meat, not as much extras that I wasn't overly keen on as there was a lot of rice which I was wary of eating. We booked a second time towards the end of our stay, this visit wasn't as great. I had an upset stomach for around 12-16 hours after this. And I had the same dishes which was not great. Not to complain, just to make people aware. Other than this, it was lovely.

Specialty restaurant (Italian) - Loved the Italian. This is in the hall where the lunch and late lunch is served. Very spacious, and the dishes were very tasty. Enjoyed this very much!

Pool - The pool area and the pool itself was huge! I liked the fact that we could find a sunbed even if we woke up a little later. There was a lot going on around the pool, which I am not bothered about whatsoever. They had darts tournaments, aqua aerobics, water polo. The music was playing all day on the speakers, which wasn't too loud. Personally, the pool area being as busy as it was didn't bother me. Other people may like it more quiet, but I quite like to see things going on and a bit of something to be happening. The pool was very refreshing, nice and cold to cool you down from the boiling sun! Very clean at all times too. Yes people reserve beds, but people do I don't see too much of a problem with it myself.

Bars - Always very quick service. Pleasant members of staff. Very clean, always being wiped down.

Location - Location seems to be in the middle of deserted land, but it didn't bother me at all. Especially when I was inside the complex.

Hotel grounds - The hotel exceeded my expectations. The lobby was so spacious, fresh and clean. Although smoking is permitted inside, the smell of smoke was not apparent at all. The complex is huge, and the walks around the complex are nice. The gardens are beautiful and very well maintained. Every day I would see gardeners keeping up with everything. My fiancé proposed to me in the beautiful walkways of pink and white roses which was perfect and very personal

Entertainment - Throughout the day there was always something people could be doing. The animation team worked very hard in making people happy. With a different show every night, it wasn't great but they really tried hard to make it work. So my hats off to them for that.

Drinks - Spirits were obviously local spirits which werent fab but weren't terrible either. The cocktails were nice and I tried different ones. I personally don't like my drinks very strong so with them being a bit watered down was fine for me! The only imported spirit I was aware of was Martini. My fiancé then started drinking this and was a lot more pleased with this. The soft drinks I can't fault they were fine and a great selection too.

All in all an absolutely fab experience. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone. Will definitely be visiting again. Enjoyed it very much indeed!!

Room Tip: Room 5101 is the best room overlooking the pool on first floor, only a few minutes walk from lobby...
5 Thank Lauren M
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

On arrival at 10pm we were pleasantly welcomed by a cocktail and quickly ushered into the dining room for a bite to eat. All the staff were extremely pleasant and wished us a lovely holiday. We went to Reception afterwards and received our key cards - these unfortunately didn't work properly so we had to return several times during our stay.

We settled in and went to breakfast in anticipation and were not disappointed with the choice. You could eat as much as you liked - the only thing they could have improved would have been cutlery set but it wasn't a big problem. Lunch was in another restaurant which doubles as the Italian at night and was a buffet serve yourself. Dinner was in the same part as breakfast and you were always escorted to an available table by immaculately dressed staff. There is a Moroccan themed restaurant also which you can book into which was nice.

The room was spacious and cleaned really well with lovely shapes made on your bed each day. It would have been better if there was tea and coffee facilities in the room.

The pool was FREEZING and you could only usually get in late in the afternoon. The indoor pool was the same temperature (not pleasant). The grounds were very well tended and beautiful.

I drank the vodka which was drinkable but forget the rum.

Entertainment was not great although they tried hard.

Smoking was allowed in the bar which was sometimes unbearable.

Thomson rep was fabulous and helped us change trips due to feeling unwell due to a bit of sunstroke - do not underestimate the strength of the sun.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SallyDavidCox
Hailsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have just arrived back home after spending a week at this hotel to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We were greeted at the hotel with a cocktail and found check in to be very easy and assle free which we were grateful for after arriving at Marrakesh very late. The hotel left the buffet open for us which was good of them.
We were also happy to be supplied with champagne in our hotel room for our celebration.
The hotel is exceptionally clean and the staff are friendly and are willing to do anything for you. The entertainment staff, especially around the pool area made for a nice holiday atmosphere.
The grounds are beautiful and sometimes it was nice just to have a walk around, nightime is also nice with just the sounds of the birds and frogs!! We always felt safe in the hotel at this time.
The food was varied and of good quality, the only little gripe i could make is that the food could be a bit hotter but that may just be us.
The entertainment in the evening was hit and miss but entertaining none the less and there was plenty of room around the pool to accommodate everyone.
A lovely place to visit for both couples and families alike! Thoroughly recommend! :)

Room Tip: Don't forget to say if you are celebrating a special occasion!
4 Thank Lauren883
Leciester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

First the good points....The most friendly staff you could ask for, nothing is to much trouble AND we did not tip once..
Food is ok for an all inclusive holiday, there is everything to choose from, fresh fish to chicken/meats to vegetarian, food is available most hours of the day.
Rooms are large with a balcony.
Thomson rep ok, although we only did the one tour with Thomsons and that was the Riad evening.. Great night, nice to see the real Morocco, however very expensive. We booked an independent tour company to visit the Atlas mountains etc which was an amazing day out...
Now the not so good points.....
Hotel is a little dated with dreadful entertainment in the evenings. Smoking is everywhere, inside the reception areas, and inside the bar, I am a smoker, but even I felt the place smelt of smoke , so not sure how you would feel if you did not smoke.
The hotel is a bit of a Brits on tour hotel,which we were surprised at.. Lots of nice people in the hotel, we met some lovely people, but sadly LOTS of the Tacky Brits were there on force too, the sort that drink from morning til night..Swear at the bar, Think Dingles and you have it! You could be in Benidorm due to the Brits being there on mass, and the hotel has no Moroccan feel at all, and it is a long way out from Marrakech centre. But for hot weather in May it was ok... How it would be late in the year not so sure... Shame Morocco/this hotel is becoming a place where people who like to drink all day rather than experience the culture, now choose this as a destination. BUT CAN NOT FAULT THE STAFF....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple