Riad El Farah
La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$233
$216
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsatlas mountainslovely taginebit intimidatingper dayroom was clean and comfortablesuperior roomday tripquiet areaminutes walk from the mainhome away from homemohamedkasbahexcursionshousekeepertransferairporttaxi
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have just returned from a five night stay in Marrakech at the Riad el Farah. I was travelling on my own and Mohammed was a wonderful host who took care me on my visit, nothing was too much trouble for him.

I had read that the food at the Riad was excellent and so I opted for half board, and I wasn't disappointed, every meal a delight.

The Riad is in a good location, and only a shot walk from the Place Jemaa el Fna, and a good place from which to explore the old city.

Room Tip: Sorry, no fitness centre, or swimming pool, but I couldn't remove the rating!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We visited Marrakech for the first time in December 2012. It is like no other place I have visited before but found it fun and buzzing. If you want to experience the 'real' Marrakech then this is a great place to stay.
The Riad is located amongst the maze of side streets in the Kazbar area and therefore you are taken there on foot when dropped off, which is fun in itself! The Riad owner Mohammad gave us a warm welcome and insisted on showing us the route from the Riad to the nearest Square and other places of interest. This was invaluable so we didn't get lost!! He could not do enough for us and was kind and polite. He even made all the guests a 'special' meal on New Year's Eve to make sure we had a good time and took us to a restaurant nearby to watch some traditional Moroccan entertainment. I would certainly recommend Mohammad's Riad and his hospitality.
It is very clean, quiet, with a pretty little roof terrace to catch some afternoon sun.
It was ideal for us as we wanted to be in the 'heart' of Marrakech for our 5 day stay. If you're visitng in December or winter months like we did then it can be quite cold at night time so recommended to take a jacket, we under estimated this!!!
If you choose to stay here then we hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were very well looked after, nothing was too much trouble for Mohammed and Nicole. The room and the whole Riad were spotless, the Terrace full of flowers and the mint tea flowed.
The continental breakfast was good, if a bit bready for English tastes. Being Gluten free I had taken my own bread and cereal, but my daughter found it adequate, pancakes and jams, croissants etc.
Mohammed showed us how to find our way round and took us to a Restaurant owned by his family for a fabulous meal, and then on to the Cozy Bar - Music and wine - very pleasant.
I would recommend this Riad to anyone - we were 5 minutes away from the souks and the Tourist Bus was just round the corner. I hope to return in the near future and would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynne H
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in October, as with other guests Mohammed arranged to meet us at the Tombaux Saadiens to guide us through the maze for streets to get to the Riad. The Riad was lovely, very comfortable and Mohammed was a great host, he took us out on our first day to show us some of the sights, which we were very grateful of. We had a meal on our first night made by Mohammed, which was a lovely tagine. By staying in a riad we felt we got a taste of the real Marrakesh, which was enhanced by Mohammed's warmth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandyGateshead
Reviewed October 11, 2012

On arrival at Marrakesh airport we telephoned Mohamed to tell him we had arrived and caught a taxi to "Tombaux Saadiens in the Kasba" as instructed. Mohamed was there to meet us and guide us through the alleyways to his Riad. There he sat us down and provided us with mint tea. He then showed us our room which was simple but more than adequate with bathroom (plenty of hot water for the shower) and aircon. No problem using it, just asked to shut the door when it was on so we didn't cool the whole of Marrakesh. The terrace was sunny and open with a shaded area if you needed it. After we had settled in Mohamed took us out and showed us the way to the square showing landmarks to find our way back!
Breakfast was pancakes, bread, butter, jam with tea and coffee served in a separate room.
The Riad is in a quiet location and a good sleep was had on all 3 nights. It is very clean and a haven from the madness of the square and souks.
Mohamed was helpful with anything we wanted and suggested places to visit. When we left he took us to the taxi station, arranging the taxi and telling us what to pay (locals rate).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple