A really lovely Riad about 10 minutes from the main square, walking through the bustlingly busy streets of Marrakech Souks, filled with sellers, street-vendors and traffic(!). When we stayed, we were the only guests and had free-run of the sun lounge terrace and the staff were incredibly accommodating, particularly in arranging day trips and taxis.
A few extra things to consider:
- Haggle for everything - including the beige petit taxis. Marrakechis will attempt to charge large amounts of money (Dh) for products/services - so play them at their own game and continue to haggle for the best prices. A taxi, for example, to the New City (Nouvelle Ville) should only cost 30Dh return; not 100Dh, which some drivers attempt to charge! So haggle, haggle, haggle!
- The continental breakfast was high-carb... that is, entirely bread/cake/pastry. If you're a big breakfast-kinda-person, you might be disappointed.
- Given the location (on a side, pretty empty alley), and having to ring the doorbell to be let in, avoid getting back too late at night.
- There is a Mosque just outside the hotel. Early every morning a call to prayer will be played fairly loudly - so consider earplugs, if you do not wish to wake up to pray.
- At the end of your stay, you will be presented with an invoice for the Tourist Tax for the city of Marrakech (2 Euros per person, per night). Make sure you keep some money back to pay this. Also, hold back some money (50-100Dh) to give to the maid/housekeeper.
All-in, a great stay, with lovely staff and a beautiful room. I'd go back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad Dama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.