“Friendly, relaxed, clean and comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Tasnime

We can't find prices for this hotel
Dar Tasnime
You added Dar Tasnime to your Saves list
Ranked #388 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Devon UK
“Friendly, relaxed, clean and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

lovely little riad run by a very freindly guy, Chakib, who went out of his way to make sure we got the most out of our stay in Marrakech. Clean, comfortable and quiet in a good location 10 mins stroll from Jamaa al-Fna. Fantastic fresh orange juice with breakfast on the roof terrace while wathcing the storks flying. Don't be put off by the proximty of the mosque, we hardly heard a thing during our stay and had the best 4 nights sleep I can remember. Thoroughly reccomend it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
West Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Our host Chakib greeted us in a very friendly relaxed manner with mint tea and information about the Riad and Marrakesh. Our room was gorgeous on the 2nd floor with comfortable bed, huge bathroom and lounge area. Breakfast on the terrace was served by two charming women. The Riad was very clean, comfortable, quiet except for the birds in the morning and the mosque next door which we felt was part of the experience. Dar Tasnime is a short 10 minute walk to the main square and souks etc. centrally located in the Kasbah area. My only piece of advise is to make sure you have cash when you arrive - payment is in advance is requested.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Having scoured the internet looking at different Riad's and their reiews for weeks, my girlfriend and I finally booked Dar Tasime. Chakib is a wonderful, interesting, and engaging man. From start to finish, he was tirelessly hospitable; even going as far as to walk us to Jama Al-Fna the first day and show us how to get there and back, what to eat/not eat, where to shop and not get ripped off, etc. I would give him stars if I could and I will be sure to stay again,

P.S. GO TO LES BAINES DE MARRAKECH, words cannot describe it.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Quintessential Marrakech! This was a lovely and very clean Riad in the kasbah. The proprietor and staff were exceptionally kind. The place doesn't look like much from the outside as there is construction going on in this little area next to the Saadian Tombs (don't waste your time there by the way), but inside is a quaint oasis. The owner takes pride in his establishment and has paid attention to detail in the decoration of rooms. It is also located next to a Mosque. It is part of the experience to hear the call to prayer, and we thought it was great, but if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. Breakfast on the roofdeck is relaxing and tasty, especially the mint tea!

In terms of safety, it's around the corner from the busier streets, and can seem a little sketchy at night. You may want to take a "petit taxi" to get home, just to be on the safe side. We were two women traveling and did not feel threatened, but also respected cultural norms and dressed appropriately.

Lastly, we LOVED the Bains de Marrakech, located only a block away from here! Make your reservations in advance for a luxurious and very affordable spa treatment, Moroccan style.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I agree with much of what's been written, including the mosque and the birds waking you up. I'd add too the little kiosk that's right outside the ground floor unit where people gather and yap for much of the day. And yeah, that doorway provided a few bumps and bruises going in and out of the bathroom (which had some ants). But overall I thought it was a very cool place. Not sure what charm it lost in renovation, it seemed pretty charming to me. Breakfast was a lot of starch, OJ and tea. His tea was good but it kept getting better as we wandered around town. There was a mix up regarding twin vs. double beds that got straightened out (even tho I mentioned twin beds so many times, there never should have been an issue). I'm sure I could have found a better deal but this got such great reviews, I paid the 79 euro and didn't think much about it. Not sure if all places arrange a pick up at the airport but that made life easy. Cool trip. (P.S. My iphone sometimes connected but was super slow when it did)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

What can I say,
We expected so much reading the reviews before we flew, but Chakib and his amazing Riad delivered so much.

After a daunting drive from the airport through the packed streets of the medina, it was a relief to walk into the cool and calm riad and our beautiful room.
Chakib was quick to sit down with us and a glass of his mint tea (the best we tasted, and that was a lot!) and a map detailing the best sight, restaurants and must sees for the whole of Marrakech, with that in mind we were straight out to experience the main square (10mins walk) it was amazing and our week there just got better, relaxing on the roof terrace, shopping and day trips to Essourira and the Atals mountains were all amazing.
I cant recomend this place enough, Chakib and his staff worked very hard to meet all our needs and we are very grateful, I cant wait to return and do it all again.
Thanks Chakib

Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

This riad is a brand new renovation and thus lacks some of the charm of the older properties. It's very clean and tidy though. I'm guessing that I had the same room as "Thambisub4" as I too have bruised shoulders from the bathroom door frame! Breakfast is pretty basic but they are very flexible about the timing. Chakib asks for payment up front which I thought was a bit unusual - it could be that he has had problems with guests who could not handle the mosque. The mosque is right next door and there are two amplified calls to prayer before 5am. You couldn't sleep through these unless you were dead drunk. The call to prayer then wakes up a small bird in the courtyard which makes an unbelievably loud and piercing call for the next two hours. If anything the bird was worse than the mosque. Chakib recommended Le Tanjia restaurant to us which we really hated (see my review). There is wireless internet in the riad but my iPod could not connect to it, apparently PCs work OK though.

• 2 of 5 stars