“excellent place to stay, brilliant helpful host.”
Review of Dar Tasnime

Dar Tasnime
Ranked #255 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed March 23, 2010

If you want to stay in the medina, this is a brilliant option, the riad is lovely. Our host , Chakib was really helpful giving us maps & showing us the best places to see. He also booked us a trip into the mountains at short notice. It is very near the mosque so expect to be woken at around 4am & again at 5.30, but didn't detract from our stay. I would recommend this riad to any of my friends.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 20, 2010

This is a fantastic hotel -- I would highly recommend it. The owner is extremely helpful and friendly, and he helped make my exprience in Marrakech even more enjoyable. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the morning breakfast is fantastic. The location is also great, about 10 min walk to the main square. The only downside to the place is that is close to a mosque and you will hear the calls for morning prayers at dawn. However, you have to expect this when you travel through a muslim country like Morrocco.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2010

This was the very first place we stayed upon arriving in Morocco, and we couldn't have hoped for better. Our entry was made a little more exciting by torrential rains and extremely delayed trains. When our exausted selves dragged our way to the door almost 4 hours late close to midnight, Chakib was there waiting with the door open! He'd checked the train schedule and heard the wheels of our luggage, and had everything set for our late arrival. The breakfast on the terrace was delicious, the room was beautiful, the internet was fast...He was very helpful with booking, restaurants and directions. We walked to all the sites easily from inside the medina. Wonderful experience.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2010

After staying at Dar Tasnime for three nights in early March I could not recommend the property highly enough – I will keep this short:

1) A friendly host who:
a. Helped us even before we arrived at the property
b. Has some great tips of things to do and places to eat etc
c. Is always there to help
d. Generally cares and wants you to enjoy your experience at not only Dar Tasnime buy in Marrakech itself

2) Ideally located
a. In the old town; therefore short walks to all of the main attractions to the old town
b. Close to the city walls
c. Close to the airport
d. Close to the new town (Gueliz)
e. Close to the fancy resorts in Hivernage

3) Fantastic authentic rooms

4) A real retreat from the hustle and bustle – quiet tranquillity within its walls

5) Nice roof terrace to rest weary legs and take in some well earned sunshine

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Our stay at Dar Tasnime was excellent! When my Mom saw the pictures of the riad online, she asked why I went with my friend and not my husband:) I'm pleased to say that in real life, the riad was every bit as pristine as it is online. And that isn't always the case!

My friend and I stayed here because the reviews of Chakib, the owner, were so positive. Happily, this was also true. My friend and I wanted to visit the Atlas Mountains on our own time, so he suggested we rent a car. He made one call, and a car was delivered to the riad. How easy is that? Also, when I had to go to the airport at 6:30 in the morning, Chakib personally delivered me himself.

There's no doubt in my mind that Dar Tasnime is the loveliest, most hospitable, and best value in Marrakech!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed for 5 nights in this perfect place. It's located in the Kasbah, so all the main attraction are within some minutes walk. The rooms are excellent and food superb. Chakib, the most friendly and perfect speaking English manager, helped us with a lot of usefull tips and advises.
We had a very facinating holiday and we will certainly come back.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I'm an American studying in England, and it was our first time in Morocco and Africa, so we were really pleased to be greeted by Chakib at Dar Tasnime... he gave us our bearings in Marrakech (including where to eat) and was very polite throughout our stay. Our room was very clean and we couldn't have slept better, not to mention the nice, serene atmosphere inside the riad. Definitely recommended for all types of travel and worth the few extra pounds/euros!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple