“Home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 258 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Faversham, Kent
“Home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I just visited Marrakech for the first time and loved this riad! The service was so warm and friendly. We were met by the owner and immediately given mint tea and orange juice. Then I was shown to my very spacious and beautifully decorated room which was so cozy and cool with the air conditioning. (It was 40+ degrees both days but cool in the riad).

I had a problem with my shower head which the owner fixed right away. One of the owners speaks English really well and was helpful in answering our questions and getting us whatever we needed.

There is a breakfast which consisted of an egg, some yummy bread, tea, orange juice, jam and butter.

The staff were also very accommodating and so lovely. There is a hammam in the hotel as well for the reasonable price of 200dh for an hour.

I loved this riad and will come again and stay here. The price is very reasonable and the location is perfect. It's nice and quiet but close enough to the main activities that you can come back in the heat of the day to relax. It was so lovely and I miss it already!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ltenn81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I just returned from Riad Lakhdar in Marrakech and I was very sad to leave. The house is simply beautiful, the staff members are helpful, friendly, amazing and always smiling. The location was great, just a five minute walk to the souks, under 10 minutes to the main square. Great breakfast, beautiful architecture, super service. I will definitely recommend to anyone visiting Marrakech and I would happily return to Riad Lakhdar again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank chitowngirl_9
Ger, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

So far we have visited Marocco twice. In total we have stayed at Marrakech four times, each time at Riad Lakhdar and we would go there any time again. The hosts are very attentive and caring people who try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. The place itself makes you feel at home already. When you come back from the croweded suks or the chaotic Jeema el Fna and all you are longing for is a quiet and calm place for contemplation, Riad Lakhdar is what you are searching for. You enter the Riad and all of the sudden the agitation and heat from Marocco's streets is forgotten, you start to relax and regenerate. The rooms are nicely decorated and the court yard especially is a place to spend time in -shady and peaceful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 86han
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

First the location. Excellent. 10 minute relaxing walk to the Medina. The host: He speaks French but no English. I don't speak French but we communicated well enough with hand gestures and a few English words. He's really funny and entertaining, We briefly met the owner who seemed nice. Breakfast: Delicious. A lot of food and very tasty. The rooms: Our room was really comfortable, but it was cold in Febraury. They had thick blankets, but I needed to wear additional clothing. Overall, I highly recommend the Riad for the price!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This small riad at the outskirt of the medina close to the new city is the lerfect location to stay for couples who are looking for a flashpacker accomodation.

The road has big rooms that are very clean with tv, ac and daily maid service. The included breakfast that they serve on the rooftop terrace is fair enough for the price of just under 500 dirham a night for two.

The big advantage of the location is that it is 5 min to the big square but more quiet at night.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in Riad Lakdar.

I didn't make a hotel reservation when I arrived Marakesh. I asked the taxi driver to recommend one and the driver showed me Riad Lakhdar. The owner of the riad told me it's 600 DH per 1 night at first. I told him we couldn't afford it and after negotiation he told me it's 850 DH per 2 nights.
But after 5 minutes, I could find you can make a reservation on Booking.com it only costs less than 500 DH per 1 night. They said it's 40Euro per one night on their website too.
I told about this to the owner and he said that I have to pay 850 DH anyway.

Like this, the owner of the hotel is greedy and I was not happy about that.

But other than the owner, the location was really nice. It's near Jema El Fna. It only takes 10 minutes to walk and it's very quiet and safe near this Riad.
Other staffs except the owner is really kind. They only speak French but I could feel their care and kindness.

In conclusion,

+: The greedy owner. (Make your reservation online before you go!!!!)
-: Kind staff, Location, Breakfast

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed in the riad for a night on either side of a trip to the coast and both times it was great. The guys at the riad were so helpful in sorting us transfers to and from the airport. It was so peaceful and the breakfast was incredible!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends