“Riad Lakhdar” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 248 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Chicago, Illinois
“Riad Lakhdar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I just returned from Riad Lakhdar in Marrakech and I was very sad to leave. The house is simply beautiful, the staff members are helpful, friendly, amazing and always smiling. The location was great, just a five minute walk to the souks, under 10 minutes to the main square. Great breakfast, beautiful architecture, super service. I will definitely recommend to anyone visiting Marrakech and I would happily return to Riad Lakhdar again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank chitowngirl_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ger, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

So far we have visited Marocco twice. In total we have stayed at Marrakech four times, each time at Riad Lakhdar and we would go there any time again. The hosts are very attentive and caring people who try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. The place itself makes you feel at home already. When you come back from the croweded suks or the chaotic Jeema el Fna and all you are longing for is a quiet and calm place for contemplation, Riad Lakhdar is what you are searching for. You enter the Riad and all of the sudden the agitation and heat from Marocco's streets is forgotten, you start to relax and regenerate. The rooms are nicely decorated and the court yard especially is a place to spend time in -shady and peaceful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 86han
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

First the location. Excellent. 10 minute relaxing walk to the Medina. The host: He speaks French but no English. I don't speak French but we communicated well enough with hand gestures and a few English words. He's really funny and entertaining, We briefly met the owner who seemed nice. Breakfast: Delicious. A lot of food and very tasty. The rooms: Our room was really comfortable, but it was cold in Febraury. They had thick blankets, but I needed to wear additional clothing. Overall, I highly recommend the Riad for the price!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This small riad at the outskirt of the medina close to the new city is the lerfect location to stay for couples who are looking for a flashpacker accomodation.

The road has big rooms that are very clean with tv, ac and daily maid service. The included breakfast that they serve on the rooftop terrace is fair enough for the price of just under 500 dirham a night for two.

The big advantage of the location is that it is 5 min to the big square but more quiet at night.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in Riad Lakdar.

I didn't make a hotel reservation when I arrived Marakesh. I asked the taxi driver to recommend one and the driver showed me Riad Lakhdar. The owner of the riad told me it's 600 DH per 1 night at first. I told him we couldn't afford it and after negotiation he told me it's 850 DH per 2 nights.
But after 5 minutes, I could find you can make a reservation on Booking.com it only costs less than 500 DH per 1 night. They said it's 40Euro per one night on their website too.
I told about this to the owner and he said that I have to pay 850 DH anyway.

Like this, the owner of the hotel is greedy and I was not happy about that.

But other than the owner, the location was really nice. It's near Jema El Fna. It only takes 10 minutes to walk and it's very quiet and safe near this Riad.
Other staffs except the owner is really kind. They only speak French but I could feel their care and kindness.

In conclusion,

+: The greedy owner. (Make your reservation online before you go!!!!)
-: Kind staff, Location, Breakfast

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed in the riad for a night on either side of a trip to the coast and both times it was great. The guys at the riad were so helpful in sorting us transfers to and from the airport. It was so peaceful and the breakfast was incredible!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,377 helpful votes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

The location is great, it's very close to the main square and it's not far from the airport (the bus from/to airport stops very close).
It's a beautiful riad, well preserved and nicely decorated.
The AC in our room didn't work and it was very cold during the night and early morning.
It was also a bit noisy. The sleep quality was low.
Besides that I found 2 large black hairs in the tube, although everything was fairly clean.
I think that during the hot months it would be a pleasant stay but I do not recommend it in the cold weather.
You have to order the breakfast in advance. We booked it for 7.30 but the guy was not very punctual and it took a little.
The breakfast is poor: Moroccan pancakes with jam or butter, orange juice, tea or coffee.
The manager/owner is always trying to sell stuff. We asked him how to get to the Supra tours bus station and he told us to take a cab. The next day when we were at the bus station we saw him drop off 2 guests.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple