“Nice Boutique Budget Riad with perfect location”
Review of Riad Lakhdar

Riad Lakhdar
Ranked #58 of 304 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This small riad at the outskirt of the medina close to the new city is the lerfect location to stay for couples who are looking for a flashpacker accomodation.

The road has big rooms that are very clean with tv, ac and daily maid service. The included breakfast that they serve on the rooftop terrace is fair enough for the price of just under 500 dirham a night for two.

The big advantage of the location is that it is 5 min to the big square but more quiet at night.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in Riad Lakdar.

I didn't make a hotel reservation when I arrived Marakesh. I asked the taxi driver to recommend one and the driver showed me Riad Lakhdar. The owner of the riad told me it's 600 DH per 1 night at first. I told him we couldn't afford it and after negotiation he told me it's 850 DH per 2 nights.
But after 5 minutes, I could find you can make a reservation on Booking.com it only costs less than 500 DH per 1 night. They said it's 40Euro per one night on their website too.
I told about this to the owner and he said that I have to pay 850 DH anyway.

Like this, the owner of the hotel is greedy and I was not happy about that.

But other than the owner, the location was really nice. It's near Jema El Fna. It only takes 10 minutes to walk and it's very quiet and safe near this Riad.
Other staffs except the owner is really kind. They only speak French but I could feel their care and kindness.

In conclusion,

+: The greedy owner. (Make your reservation online before you go!!!!)
-: Kind staff, Location, Breakfast

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed in the riad for a night on either side of a trip to the coast and both times it was great. The guys at the riad were so helpful in sorting us transfers to and from the airport. It was so peaceful and the breakfast was incredible!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

The location is great, it's very close to the main square and it's not far from the airport (the bus from/to airport stops very close).
It's a beautiful riad, well preserved and nicely decorated.
The AC in our room didn't work and it was very cold during the night and early morning.
It was also a bit noisy. The sleep quality was low.
Besides that I found 2 large black hairs in the tube, although everything was fairly clean.
I think that during the hot months it would be a pleasant stay but I do not recommend it in the cold weather.
You have to order the breakfast in advance. We booked it for 7.30 but the guy was not very punctual and it took a little.
The breakfast is poor: Moroccan pancakes with jam or butter, orange juice, tea or coffee.
The manager/owner is always trying to sell stuff. We asked him how to get to the Supra tours bus station and he told us to take a cab. The next day when we were at the bus station we saw him drop off 2 guests.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HelenaGuerra
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were driving and as Marrakech goes it was relatively easy to find with a car park next door. The staff were very welcoming. Considering how near to the Medina this place is, it was remarkably quiet although it's not a great looking street. Security seemed good. It has a cool and comfortable courtyard with a lovely sun terrace where they were pleased to serve an ok, fairly standard breakfast there. We never booked a time for breakfast but just stuck our head in the kitchen and they brought it out about 15 min later. The rooms were clean and air-conditioned, a bit tired and dark but ok. There was good free WiFi. The beds were very hard which seems to be the way in Morocco. Although it claims to take credit cards, cash was definitely preferred. The staff were helpful in getting one of our party to the airport and giving us a route out to the High Atlas. It could probably benefit from a bit of a makeover because we have stayed in prettier Riads in this bracket and area but for the price, convenient location and comfort it is a reasonable choice.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms a little more private and downstairs a little cooler and quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Balgownie
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at Riad Lakdar for five nights with a friend. From the moment we arrived the staff were very helpful and polite, though when the owner is not around it would be best to speak French to a higher standard than I managed! It is easy to find and peaceful, yet only a 6-7 minute walk from the Place Jemaa el Fna. The room was clean and tidy and breakfast was filling. We were able to return in the afternoon to escape the heat every day without any difficulties. We were offered a meal one evening for 160DH, which beat the restaurant meals we had encountered elsewhere for both the taste and the generous servings. We also took up the offer of a trip to the Ourika valley, which was more expensive than arranging a trip ourselves would have been but was far more relaxing. Looking at the rates on offer for other Riads I would say this one seems very good value. It is true that there is not much flexibility over things such as breakfast times etc. but, given the cost, I would rather that was compromised than safety, location or cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Jamal and Mehjoob own this beautiful riad. It is worth the money. We had such gorgeous breakfast on the roof every morning with fresh mint tea avec sucre! :) really highly recommend this riad for the gracious and helpful hosts, the location so central to the square and its relaxing energy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends