This is a new and luxurious hotel. We booked late and were rewarded with a fantatstic room. The pool and suroundings were superb but even so, given the surroundings, 125 MAD for two beers was excessive. The staff were great and helpful.
The restaurants were not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. The breakfast was good although insisting on service on the terrace (open to the cold air ) was really not acceptable in November. There are two restaurants in the hotel but the menu for either did not change in the nine days that we were there. We were there there for the Festival of the ID (Abraham sacrifcing a sheep instead of Jacob) and the food in the hotel ( a buffet diiner) was worse than usual but more expensive.
Dinner on the terrace was cold despite the four patio heaters and the insistence that guests need to sit in the open air on a late November evening is putting ambience in front of comfort..
In general the hotel restaurants are expensive without being exclusive. The Moroccan restaurant is best avoided - you can do much better in town
If you don't have a car I wouldn't stay here. It is a long way out of town and taxis are 40 MAD to the central square and 50 MAD to Gueliz.
Overall, a very pleasant modern hotel which has not reacted to the credit crunch and the fact that is so far out of town. So adverised and subsidised transport into town, would have been a partial solution
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech